Everything posted by Meadowmufn
-
My Humble Suggestion....
As far as I know, the default should be oldest first. Is that not how it's showing up??
-
Hazzard Square
Ditto. Thanks for adding so much to this forum, Hoss. It is greatly appreciated.
-
A Question About An Episode!
There isn't a Dukes Visit Las Vegas episode, but that sure would be an awesome episode. LOL! We did post an article a while back about a car show in Las Vegas that had a big Dukes of Hazzard presence, plenty of General Lees. Maybe there's some confusion with that??
-
Smilies and Avatars Submissions!
I've added some more smilies suggested by Hoss. I think Hoss was thinking of you, Rog, when he suggested this one...
-
The Chat Room Is Back!
Yes, all options go to the same chat room. I'll add some more rooms later. I'm taking suggestions for names. I figured Boars_Nest would be better than the generic "Lobby". I've been busy doing a lot of "behind the scenes" work on the site, stuff that won't necessarily be visible, but should hopefully clean the site up a bit and improve user experience and search rankings. Right now I'm working on some more visible stuff, the chat room, fixing icon colors and forum colors, etc.
-
The Chat Room Is Back!
Hey, folks. That chat room is back! And this time, you have an option to choose Java, Flash, or Mobile/HTML, whatever works best for you. How many of you would be interested in doing a monthly (or more frequent) chat where we all cue up our Dukes dvds and watch an episode and comment on it together in the chat room? If y'all are interested, one way I've found that works well is for people to sign up for a certain day/time to host a particular episode and they'll be in charge of kicking the viewing off and perhaps adding little tidbits of trivia about that episode and the cast/crew. Let me know what you all think. I think this would be a great way to get HazzardNet busy again and generate more interest in the Dukes.
-
Go chicago bears :)
I wanted the Falcons to win too. I'm surprised my Seahawks pulled out that win against the Texans, but I'll take it! 4-0! Yay! I hope my 'hawks can keep it up. Sadly, hubby's Jets are horrible yet again this year.
-
Personality test
This reminds me that I need to figure out how to put a Like button on these posts. LOL!
-
Go chicago bears :)
That's sad. That's probably not what I would have done, but I can't blame them for canceling the season. If it were up to me, I would have dedicated the season to that player and had some sort of tribute for him.
-
Go chicago bears :)
Did you see Joe Staley get injured in the SF vs StL game tonight? That was scary. When I was in high school, one of our players broke his neck and was paralyzed during a game. That was quite a shock. I always think about that when I see a serious injury on the field and I'm relieved when it doesn't turn out as bad as it looks. So glad Joe got off the field on his own power. Too bad about Melton, though, Garrett. Btw, Jason Kendall was also the quarterback of our football team.
-
Go chicago bears :)
You know, Roger, I went to high school with a former Pirate, Jason Kendall. I think he retired in 2010 from the KC Royals. I tend to root for the underdog when I don't have a dog in the fight, so I'll root for your Pirates.
-
Go chicago bears :)
I'm watching. Sorry, Rog, I'm rooting for the Bears. And they're winning right now.
-
More Computer Problems
When we played, he'd always warn people about me. LOL. I regularly beat him. The most fun I had was playing Delta Force 2 with a grenade launcher. He'd be a little speck on the horizon in a dead run. I'd shoot my grenade ahead of him and he'd run right into the explosion. Got him nearly every time. He forbade me from using grenade launchers. LOL! And in Rainbow Six, I'd sneak up behind him and wait for him to turn around, then BLAM! LOL. The best, though, was when we played co-op. We'd get to the stairs, knowing there was a sniper up above, and we'd be like "You first." "No, you go on." "Age before beauty." LOL. Occasionally, he'd try throwing a grenade up the stairs, only to have it bounce back and kill us both. ROFL. Fun times.
-
Go chicago bears :)
Oh, the noise wasn't from thunder. They get really loud and rowdy there. One of the workers at one of the coffee shops I frequent at work had been to the game and he was deaf and nearly mute. LOL.
-
Had to laugh at this...
Nice to see you back, John! Yeah, that's a makeshift General alright. A vehicle of some sort and some paint is all it takes. LOL.
-
Go chicago bears :)
I gotta give a cheer for my Seahawks! And congrats to the 12th man for breaking the record for loudest stadium/crowd.
-
More Computer Problems
You know, Jimmie's pretty tough on computers too. I don't know what he did, but once he screwed up his pc so badly that I had to reinstall windows for him. Every time I visited him, I spent some time doing tech support. LOL.
-
More Computer Problems
Wow, Rog. Sorry you're having so many computer problems. I hope you can figure out a solution soon.
-
Hello, I didn't know I was "new" around here.
Hey, Justin, feel free to post a link to your page in this thread. And, of course, we'd appreciate a link back to HazzardNet on your site. I literally LOL'd at the cartoon guy peeing on Knight Rider.
-
Need ideas now!
I'm exhausted. Last week I had some cardio tests done and lab tests up the wazoo (not literally. LOL). The doc started me on some heart meds and she wants to give me B-12 shots once a week because my B-12 levels were way below the normal range. She also upped my thyroid meds. In short, I was a mess, but hopefully when the B-12 and thyroid meds kick in, I'll be feeling better.
-
Need ideas now!
It's mostly "buy this" from China type stuff. We already have a captcha for registering, but I'm not sure we can add a captcha to just the first few posts. Yeah, the colors on the new forum have been the bane of my existence. LOL. I'll try to fix the graphics colors soon.
-
Need ideas now!
The reason first posts are monitored is to cut down on spammers. We really don't get a whole lot of spam lately. If I removed that restriction, do you think you all could use the reporting option to report any spam posts? That way, new users could get a timely welcome and hop right into talking Dukes.
-
Hello, I didn't know I was "new" around here.
Corndog! I remember you. It's been a while. I'm sure you have an old account around here somewhere. In any case, welcome back!
-
Not Exactly A Bike...
This is a very cool project, CD. Thanks for sharing it with us.
-
The Best of HazzardNet
I've stickied all the threads mentioned so far and will be creating a resource page soon. Thanks, y'all! Keep 'em coming.