Go chicago bears :)

Garrett Duke

Anyone else excited about the football season starting? If so which games are you excited for and what team are you going for?

As my title states, chicago Bears are my favorite team...they are playing the Indianapolis Colts today. Right now the Bears just got a touch down and are leading 24 to 14 going into half time.

This Bears fan is excited thus far...Jay Cutler and the Bears are on fire today. :D

The Chicago Bears? Aren't they a hockey team? I thought the NHL was going on strike this year.

Go Steelers!

Wow Roger...those diamonds on the Steeler's symbol must be bright and blinding you if you think the Bears is a hockey team. Bears are NFL football...Chicago Blackhawks are their hockey team.

I heard the hockey players are going on strike...guess every sport has to go on strike at some point. Feel bad for their fans...know I hated it when baseball was on strike. Wasn't very happy last year with it with football. . .

Since the Bengals beat the Browns today K-Duke I certainly wouldn't call you an enemy. In fact, your team made me pretty happy. Of course, all that will change if your Bengals beat my Steelers.

Garrett, I googled the Chicago Bears and all that came up is stuff about polar, grizzley, brown and black bears. Then I did a little more research and found them under teddy bears. I found out that you're right, they're not a hockey team.....but google thinks that they're so easy to beat they listed them under teddy bears.

I see Meadowmufn must be happy. Her Seahawks crushed the Cowboys.

Since the Bengals beat the Browns today K-Duke I certainly wouldn't call you an enemy. In fact, your team made me pretty happy. Of course, all that will change if your Bengals beat my Steelers.

It's good that they won but we'll see what happens when they play again in a few weeks. And my best friend won't be happy if the Bengals beat the Steelers. And sadly her boyfriend likes Bengals. It's going to be interesting when that time comes around. When do they play anyway?

Garrett, I googled the Chicago Bears and all that came up is stuff about polar, grizzley, brown and black bears. Then I did a little more research and found them under teddy bears. I found out that you're right, they're not a hockey team.....but google thinks that they're so easy to beat they listed them under teddy bears.

I see Meadowmufn must be happy. Her Seahawks crushed the Cowboys.

:-? I am still trying to figure out how you googled CHICAGO BEARS and came up with polar, grizzley, brown and black bears. I may not live in Chicago, but am pretty sure that no grizzley, brown, black, or polar bears live in Chicago either. Except perhaps the zoo. If your google came up with teddy bears and all that stuff in Chicago, your google is BROKEN and I'd call your internet provider and complain to them about it. After all, I would assume you would want to get your money worth for your internet and if it is that INACCURATE you are definately being ROBBED. Heck perhaps ol' Boss Hogg is behind your internet provider to give you such faulty info as that...:lol:

I know this is a different sport and all Roger, but had to ask since we are talking about CHICAGO here. You happen to watch the Cubs - Pirates game yesterday? Wasn't that a beautiful grandslam home run the Cubs ROOKIE first baseman hit? Sure Pirates fans as yourself didn't see it so beautiful, but after the whole Gordon ordeal yesterday, it made my day. Another reason to never give up hope...Cubs were down 1-6 at one point, came back to win the game. This Cubs fan...loved it! Though did feel bad for you since I do know you are a fan of the Pirates, know I'd be a little disappointed if I were in your shoes. But hey after the hard luck both the Cubs and Jeff Gordon has had this year, I will definately take it.

And since two out of my three teams are suffering from Duke type luck (BAD), that only means that the CHICAGO BEARS have to go and win the SUPER BOWL this year. If they have a bad season, I will be convinced that it is me that is giving my teams all this bad luck and would hate to think that. GO CHICAGO BEARS ;) !!!!

Edited by Garrett Duke

• 2 weeks later...
Chicago vs. Dallas on Monday night. We still have a bit left on the Applebee's gift card my mom sent us, so we'll probably catch a bit of the game then. :D

Hopefully to watch the Bears win. :D Doubt I will be able to watch the game since I have to wake up four the next morning...really dislike their week games. But perhaps they will do better without me. Enjoy Applebees and the game. :)

My Steelers have the weekend off and my Pirates stink. They were on the losing end of a no-hitter today by Homer Bailey even though the Pirates only gave up one run.

Go Braves! Go Rangers!

Yah, I saw that Homer Bailey pitched a no hitter but I didn't know who we were playing against. Did you know the Homer was the first Red to pitch the no-hitter game in 24 years. It's crazy.

My Steelers have the weekend off and my Pirates stink. They were on the losing end of a no-hitter today by Homer Bailey even though the Pirates only gave up one run.

Go Braves! Go Rangers!

Wow Roger what a great way to hijack my football thread and turn it into baseball...didn't you already start a baseball thread? :roll::escape: Thanks alot Roger...perhaps I'll go over to your baseball thread and start talking about tonight's Bears and Cowboys game 8-) that I wont' be able to watch due to not having cable at my apt....

As for my World Series picks...GO REDS and GO YANKEES!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sorry Roger, Dusty manages the Reds and have to go for ol' Dusty and thanks to their popularity, there is more players I knwo on the Yankees than I do any other team that is not the Cubs. Plus always liked Derek Jeter so I have to support his team during the post season...though if it really comes down to it, really won't get upset either way. My baseball season ends when my Cubs season ends. (GO CHICAGO CUBS!!!!!!!!!!!!! World Series champs in 2013 :lol: )

But since this is a football thread afterall :

GO CHICAGO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!! DA BEARS RULE!!!!!!!!!!! BEAR DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!

• 1 month later...

I have not a clue Roger...though do know that was a very painful game to watch. :mad::(:mad: Probably would have been a better game to watch if the Bears quarterback wasn't out due to a concussion...he better be back Sunday.

Don't know much about your Steelers, but got to say those were quite the uniforms they wore last week. I guess they didn't have to worry about getting lost in the crowd...:lol:

I'm going to mention college football right now because OSU and Michigan are playing and it's the most anticipated game of the year. OSU and winning by 2 and almost the end of the 3rd.

I tell ya that my cousin married a Michigan fan and he's an OSU fan. He had to dress his kids in Michigan gear today. I feel real sorry for him.

I'm going to mention college football right now because OSU and Michigan are playing and it's the most anticipated game of the year. OSU and winning by 2 and almost the end of the 3rd.

I tell ya that my cousin married a Michigan fan and he's an OSU fan. He had to dress his kids in Michigan gear today. I feel real sorry for him.

LOL...team rivalries are fun, ain't they? My Hawkeyes were horrible this year.

On a side note, Jay Cutler has been cleared to play tomorrow...this Bear's fan is HAPPY!!!!!!!!!!!!! GO BEARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, Notre Dame just beat USC and they're going to the championship game. I hope Georgia goes too. It looks like it will be them or Alabama. I always love rooting for teams from Georgia because I love Hazzard County so much.

My college team didn't do so hot this year and as with any other sport I follow, once my team's season finish, well my seasn finish.

On a brighter note...the Bears did much better today with their QB, Jay Cutler, back from his concussion. Bears 28, Vikings 10. This Bears fan is HAPPY tonight. Welcome back Cutler!