Everything posted by Meadowmufn
-
Happy Birthday MaryAnne!
And let us not forget HazzardNet's occasional brief bouts of sentience. Sometimes it even surprises us with what it does. Now, if only it could start managing itself, I could slack off and stop paying these two jokers... er, I mean, valued members of the staff.
-
Happy Birthday MaryAnne!
We've been hacked a lot more than once. I must've caught it so quick that hardly anybody noticed.
-
Happy Birthday MaryAnne!
See, that would be the smart thing to do, so we automatically ruled that idea out. I think that's one of our mottos. "Banishing common sense since 1999..." Oh, we've deleted whole people before. I hope their families don't miss them too much. They didn't contribute much here anyway, so it wasn't a big loss or anything. LOL. We've accidentally launched folks into the outer atmosphere when we simply meant to punt them out the door for a little bit. Of course, some of that happened before you got here, countrygirl. I recall a lot of interesting things happened when we switched forum software. Yeah, that was fun. It's a good thing I understand all the technical stuff, cuz if it was left up to Brian and MaryAnne, y'all would be using tin cans with strings to talk to each other. Really long strings.
-
Happy Birthday MaryAnne!
Between the 3 of us, we have well over a century of experience. Experience in loafing, tripping over the server power cords, accidentally deleting things, making inappropriate comments, harassing each other, hatching devious schemes, and other important skills you need to get through life.
-
Happy Birthday MaryAnne!
LOL. She blew past those numbers a while ago! You realize, if she was 21, she would have been 8 years old when I started HazzardNet. LOL!
-
Happy Birthday MaryAnne!
That's ok. I made sure the FB fans knew about it.
-
Congratulations Val Strate!
Congrats, Val! I got all these guys with banjos to play a song in your honor for this auspicious occasion.
-
Hazzardnet birthday email
You're very welcome! Happy birthday.
-
Witness Jesse Duke
It could be that the dispute wasn't resolved until after that episode was filmed. I don't know.
-
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
That depends on your definition of "mad". Do you mean mad as in angry? Or mad as in crazy? LOL.
-
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
Yes, that was unnecessarily pedantic because if I had followed Irish naming conventions 1) it wouldn't have been as funny and 2) there'd be a lot of Americans (and non-Irish) members on this site scratching their heads. LOL. But thanks for giving everyone a lesson in it anyway. You can be the Cliff Clavin of the Boar's Nest. Cheers! You should try tracing Swedish ancestry. Holy moly.
-
Happy St. Patrick's Day!
This auburn haired (when I get enough sun. LOL), green eyed HNet admin is wearin' plenty o' green and tipping a glass of ale (ginger ale) to her Irish ancestors today. - Med O' Mufn
-
Musical Chairs
- Phil Collins
-
One Word Song Titles
While I'm on a Billy Preston kick (from the Musical Chairs thread), here's: - Billy Preston
-
Musical Chairs
As an aside (because this doesn't fit in the context of the game), here's another one of my favorite Billy Preston songs... I got a story, ain't got no moral Let the bad guy win every once in a while LOL. Incidentally, Billy played with the Beatles and was only one of two artists to ever receive joint credit on a Beatles single. He's often referred to as the Black Beatle or one of the famed "Fifth" Beatles.
-
Musical Chairs
- Billy Preston (one of my faves... left us too soon)
-
DIY Tandem Bike
Interesting project. Let us know how it turns out and include pictures, of course.
-
People giving up the 'net for Lent?
Maybe they just gave up Dukes for Lent. But I'd think that would be almost sacrilegious. LOL.
-
Ironic Hot Wheels find
Hey, I found it available on Amazon!
-
Y'all's First Car?
My first car was a 1990 Honda CRX that my dad bought me used, actually salvaged, when it was a year old. I loved that car, named it Pancho. It was small, but had enough guts for some fun. We did manage to get 6 people into it once though, on a short trip to the softball field. Someone shifted position though, and threw us into neutral. LOL! Got it up to 105 in the California desert. I also caught air on some raised train tracks near the high school (if only it had a dixie horn. LOL) and found out much later I'd cracked a CV boot. Oops. Hehehe. My dad had the car for many years after I bought my current car, a 1998 Firebird Trans Am. I think we had that CRX for about 15-16 years and barely spent a penny on maintenance in all that time. He'd still have it if it hadn't been stolen and stripped. Grrrrrr... That car was so light that me and a friend or two once picked up the back end and moved it when I parked a little too far from the curb. LOL.
-
Some songs I sing in my head all the time
Here's one that's always in Brian's head... "They're coming to take me away.. ha ha.. they're coming to take me away... he he ho ho ha ha.. to the funny farm, where life is beautiful all the time.." LOL.
-
One Word Song Titles
Slink - Locksley It just happens to be the theme song to one of my favorite TV shows, which ran for only one season. May it RIP. And to paraphrase Dan Stark, "What the hell kind of music thread doesn't have Foghat?" Chevrolet - Foghat
-
The Patrol Cars In Pictures
Dang it! Y'all spilled the beans on my secret project. LOL. The only difference between Rosco's RR patrol car and the official HazzardNet car would be that we'd slap a big HazzardNet sticker on the back window. We'd definitely have a tv in the back for watching cartoons! I guess now we'll just have to show up in the Mean Green Machine...
-
Whitney Houston
RIP Whitney. I wasn't particularly a fan, but she had an incredible talent and incredible voice. Too bad it was silenced too soon.
-
10 years ago....We lost Waylon
According to iTunes, Never Could Toe The Mark is my #5 most played tune. Somehow, that doesn't surprise me. We miss ya, Waylon.