Everything posted by Lukas_KD
-
Anybody else ever wonder?
From real-life distance, I surmise probably 2-3 hours' trip or so... Hazzard was mentioned in a few episodes to be on the TN border after all, unlike where it was filmed. They were hills-and-woods folk.
-
Question: One-Armed Bandits short hours..
In general, the episodes you see in CMT, or that used to be on TNN, were shorter because some scenes and pieces of scenes were cut out to make room for more commercials. Modern shows often have shorter episodes by design for just that purpose. So yes, you'll see things on the DVDs you don't see on TV. But no, One-Armed Bandits never was a two-hour ep. To my remembrance, there were only three - Carnival Of Thrills, Ten-Million-Dollar Sheriff, and Undercover Dukes.
-
Does anyone think that there will be...
There was a very good "reunion" special on the Season 3 set.
-
Hazzard Reunion
I hope they do too. A collection of the series isn't quite complete without the movies.
-
Ode to Miss Tizdale
Yup, she had the cab...
-
Season 5
Ditto. The writing was actually pretty good when looked at objectively, and the "new cousins" weren't truly horrible... not our boys, but not horrible characters for the most part. There was definitely some overacting at first but they seemed to grow out of it (at least Coy did.... lol). If someone wanted to, there could probably be some good story written around those two, backstory and the like. For example, Vance always struck me, for some reason, as being Duke-blood but maybe Northern-born? Like he was used to more gentility... more money maybe... kinda (very) out of place in the backwoods? And Coy's just a lovable kid... lol. I think if the show had focused more on the things that made them unique - their own strengths and weaknesses - instead of trying to make them like Luke and Bo, they wouldn't have been half bad. Their story could fit with the rest of the series if you wanted it to. After all, it was never said that Jesse raised those two... just that they were family. The Hazzard trio of cousin/siblings stays intact... believeable enough if you can get past the first "wait a minute!" reaction, lol.
-
What do you think of season 7?
You're right... even the robot one was funny, in a silly way. And the alien one, while strange, has some good points - what I recall strongly from the ep, and it's been awhile, was some wonderful night photography and some great family interaction... picking crabapples and the like. Very seasonal, very realistic for small-town folk in the fall... I don't truly hate any of the Duke eps, even the Coy and Vance ones. I just have those I don't like as much.
-
Dukes question
That's a hard question, Roger; there were so many good ones. If I had to choose, probably Loretta Lynn.
-
Gretchen Wilson's "One of The Boys"
I don't think there is an official answer for that, Roger. Whatever you prefer!
-
John Schneider Music
34 in Atlanta? The Gunfighter? Dang, I've never even heard of those. Sound interesting, I'd like to. I've heard a handful of his music. My favorites are "In The Driver's Seat" and "The Last Thing I Needed". Tom had and has some great music too. I have a collection of favorites from him.
-
What is your favorite season and why?
That's actually a hard one. The first season has great music and Georgia feel, I have particular favorite episodes from all the seasons... but in the end, the one that won is the sixth. The reason is because after the boys came back, there were some great stories - more drama, a little more of life, family-and-friends and not just action. Where they got in tougher situations, dealt with deeper hurts and joys... (Okay, so there were a couple silly ones too, but you have to admit some were among the best story-writing in the series.) Also I noticed the music took a turn here that it kept through the seventh season, one that I liked. There was still lively bluegrass, but for the more serious scenes there were some great new kinds of cues too. Guitar or piano for softer scenes, an almost country-rock touch for hard action... etc.
-
the movie score
At least you can download it long enough to listen to it. I like it. I agree, about the only thing I liked from the movie.
-
Age and curiosity
Actually, I believe it was something of a difference between Georgia vs California legal drinking ages, as those used to actually differ state to state. Rather like legal driving ages. In Georgia, where the first eps were and the series was set, the legal age was 18 at the time. In CA, as far as I know it's been 21 for a long time. Although I don't know anything about alcohol censoring on TV, it's a possibility but I doubt it because others drank real beer on the show. And also around the same time as Dukes started, there's a humorous true-tale about the cast of Starsky & Hutch getting thoroughly drunk on champagne during a party in the final ep that had so many takes that they all were eventually laughing themselves silly in RL as well as the show! LOL!
-
James Best (Rosco) missing in end of season 2
Agreed. Although the other sheriffs on a temporary basis certainly made for a heck of a lot of humor. They were easy to poke fun at!
-
Bo's missing
The 2 in the sixth season were because of personal business. The one in the third season I believe was another project, but I don't remember which.
-
Dukes of Hazard Movie Themes
Unfortunately, I'm not sure what you're talking about. Do you mean a different version of "Good Ol' Boys"? I know the actual movie themes, but they were different songs.
-
Confederate Flag
That quote seemes to me more like a description of how the family had snuck around every governmental body over the centuries in order to keep making shine. It was a comment about the moonshine business, not the War.
-
What songs remind you of Hazzard?
Hm... good question. Actually there's a number of songs, both thoughtful and playful, that remind me of Hazzard and its people. My current favorite is "Back Where I Come From" by Kenny Chesney. Perfect lyrics, all through!
-
Confederate Flag
He did? Are you sure? Where did he say that; I never remember hearing that. In the whole series, far as I know, they actually had Confederate history!
-
A Hypothetical For Y'all
Interesting hypothesis there. I actually did that once in an (unfinished and unposted) AU story... had Luke and Daisy as siblings. Of course, the whole proposed series was unique enough in all aspects - though I didn't develop it very well. But that was years ago... ah, memories.
-
Hi everyone!
Welcome, Eleonora! That's a pretty name; nice to meet you. Yeah, it is better in English, isn't it? No, I don't say that because it's my own native language, lol... just that from other-language transcripts and the like, some of the witty comments, jokes, and such seem lost in the translation.
-
Who Knows The Words To Good Ol Boys?
Frankly, I think every Dukes fan knows the song by heart. It's pretty easy to remember
-
map of Hazzard
Yeah, I've noticed that about the businesses, some of them anyway. I guess some change makes sense.
-
Small article in Country Weekly
Nice article.
-
Confederate Flag
It didn't stand for hatred. It stood for freedom and pride. Its meaning has been rather twisted by time, but most especially by being adopted in much more recent times by various anti-social-type groups. Originally, it had nothing to do with what many people now make it to be. Even, honestly, as recently as when the Dukes started on TV.