Everything posted by Meadowmufn
-
Meadowmufn, MaryAnne, and Brian
I may have said this before, but it bears repeating. Never in my wildest dreams did I ever think a simple little tv show would impact my life in such a huge way. And the fact that I meet a ton of other people on this site who say the same thing is a testimony to the hard work of the people who brought us the show. I know Facebook is changing the way some things are done on the Internet, but like you, Darrell, I view it as a tease to go check up on my favorite sites too. HazzardNet will always be our home, FB is just one of our little CB channels we squawk on.
-
Meadowmufn, MaryAnne, and Brian
Thanks for the kudos. It makes it all worthwhile to have folks thank us, even though we'd continue to do it with no thanks at all because we love it so much. It's more a labor of love than work. I'm glad you enjoy the Facebook stuff. I let Brian loose there and look at all the great goodies he's come up with. Maybe I should pay him another 50% of 50% of 50%. LOL.
-
Hazzard Net User Anneversary
As far as I'm concerned, HNet is the place to be too (and I'd say that even if it wasn't mine and I just happened upon it while online). Facebook is just one of the ways we connect with other fans and share the greatness that is Dukes of Hazzard, and yes, we encourage them to mosey on over here and join us because there's so much more stuff over here for them to see and do.
-
Verizon Survival of the Fastest - "Swamp" Commercial
That reminds me, I'd better up my bid on Shatner's old toupee. Don't wanna get outbid!
-
Hazzard Net User Anneversary
Many of our regular members (and moderators) are having to work a lot more hours and multiple jobs to make ends meet. Some are even out of jobs altogether and looking for work. I know some are going through medical issues as well. That means less time and energy for play on the forums. There are also cyclical lulls and booms in terms of activity on the forums. Members sometimes take a break, like you did, though usually not for more than 3 years. Plus, a lot of conversation is taking place on Facebook instead of HazzardNet. There is plenty going on in the forums, but it's not at all hours of the day. We have much more than 10 regular users. If you're bored, why don't you take up a hobby?
-
Hazzard Net User Anneversary
Congratulations on being here 10 years. I can't imagine anyone putting up with us for that long and still coming back. LOL. You must like us or something.
- February 2012 Fan o' the Month!!
-
HazzardNet has 4,000 members!
Khee! I love it! I love it!
-
Long time fan, been meaning to join
Welcome to HazzardNet! Based on that picture alone, I have a feeling you'll fit in real well here.
-
Wanted!
I think it's hilarious that people think I've been in jail this entire time. Nobody ever suspected the trap door I put in... Oops, I've said too much.
-
Two Buddies Hanging Out
That's awesome, CD. I'm glad to see the Garda got a kick out of it and you didn't get in trouble. Oh, and thanks for recommending HazzardNet to him.
-
Musical Chairs
- Norah Jones (love her cover of this Tom Waits song)
-
Musical Chairs
Half Way Up - Clint Black Hard times seem to have a corner on you But you can rise from the ashes too When I'm on my knees and everything has gotten me beat And even I believe I'm never gonna find my feet Two ways, you know, you can ask anybody around One man's half way up is another man's half way down (This one really speaks to me. Been a rough year!)
-
going to covington this weekend
Unfortunately, the farm house is no longer there. Hope you enjoy the rest of your trip though. Take lotsa pics! http://www.hazzardnet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8196
-
One Word Song Titles
Tonight, I'm feeling a little... - Elton John
- One Word Song Titles
-
Musical Chairs
- Oingo Boingo
- One Word Song Titles
-
Prayer List
Prayers going up! I hope things get under control for you soon.
-
Musical Chairs
Doh! I missed the whole "boogie" theme. I woulda posted Elton's Boogie Pilgrim and KC & the Sunshine Band's .Instead, I'll have to settle for... . ROFL.
-
HazzardNet Needs Your Help!
Thanks for the support, guys. I was knocked offline for the last 2 days due to a major storm in our area, but it's nice to be back and see Dukes fans so active, even though it's been 25+ years since the show was in prime time. You have no idea how many emails, messages, and comments I have to go through to catch up... and I've only been gone 2 days! LOL.
-
Wednesdays are now hereby decreed to be Jump Day!
Oh yeah, I forgot. You're the brawn. I'm the brains.
-
Hazzard Stalker Strikes again!!
I'm sorry that's happening again, JPB. PM me some more details and I'll see what I can do to help.
-
Why do I feel old....?
Here's my feeble attempt at a possum on a gumbush. He's keeping company with some of his marsupial "kissing" cousins.
-
Wednesdays are now hereby decreed to be Jump Day!
Brian posted a pic today on Facebook of the General Lee jumping with the caption "Happy Humpday" (since it's Wednesday). Well, one of our Facebook fans, Dawn, being the Dukes of Hazzard fan she is, corrected us. It's Happy JUMP Day! I don't know why Brian didn't think of that. It's what I pay him for. LOL. Anyway, we hereby decree that from this day forward, all Wednesdays shall henceforth be known as JUMP DAY! Yeeeeeehhhhhhaaaa! Not yet a fan of our Facebook page? Go to http://www.facebook.com/thehazzardnet and LIKE us!