Verizon Survival of the Fastest - "Swamp" Commercial

TRPColtrane95

Awesome that the General Lee got a mention, but the guy goofed. He called it a '79 Dodge Charger. It's a 1969 Dodge Charger (with some 1968's thrown in due to car similarities).

Sad that he didn't know the year of the car he was bidding on, especially since it's famous.

He's bidding on a 1979 lunch box (with Thermos), but I can't find any that are older than 1980, so it looks like they still goofed. When I checked this morning there were 38 for sale on ebay.com including several with 'Buy it now' prices, so it's not like he's bidding on an especially rare item. I could understand it if he was bidding on a Dukes of Hazzard ashtray (as mentioned in

) - they don't show up very often :).

DukesAshtray.jpg

He's bidding on a 1979 lunch box (with Thermos), but I can't find any that are older than 1980, so it looks like they still goofed. When I checked this morning there were 38 for sale on ebay.com including several with 'Buy it now' prices, so it's not like he's bidding on an especially rare item. I could understand it if he was bidding on a Dukes of Hazzard ashtray (as mentioned in
) - they don't show up very often :).

DukesAshtray.jpg

yeah but they bid on orange lunchbox original one with title on it and it more than original like 70s to be with no cast on it. yeah tough to find right now. :)

I've been working lots of overtime so tonight was the first time I'd seen this commercial. After I saw it I came here to post it but I see a lot of folks beat me to it. I'm waaayyy behind.

I don't pay too much attention to commercials but when a feller is wrestling a gator in a swamp it gets my attention.

When the gator wrestler promotes the Dukes of Hazzard it does more than get my attention...it puts a huge smile on my face and restores my faith in humanity!