Strange Visitor in Hazzard

• 4 weeks later...

I got to say that "Strange Visitor in Hazzard" is one of the episodes that I don't like...to me it is too far stretched and it did show that they were running low on ideas and so forth. It had really taken a curve from the normal plot line of the Dukes.

Thanks for the web site link! It was interesting to read the five facts that they had posted...even though I had already known them...well most of them. I knew they had a cartoon series, but didn't know that Coy and Vance were the voices at first. I never got to see the cartoon series or "Enos" series.

Keep it between the ditches!

Garrett Duke

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 7 years later...

Watched the episode (for the first time) only Yesterday. I always avoided it 'cause a lot of people said ut's the worst episode ever.

I don't know if it's the worst episode ever... for sure it's themost weird one, LOL, but FUNNY!!!

I enjoyed it, some way or another, :roll:

• 1 month later...

Episodes like "Strange Visitor to Hazzard" and "Robot P. Coltrane" might not be the favorites of many Dukes fans but they do have a useful purpose. If you have a child or grandchild and hope that they will be future Dukes fans someday, episodes like those are a great place to start.

Of course if they're real young, the cartoon version of Dukes are even better.

Episodes like "Strange Visitor to Hazzard" and "Robot P. Coltrane" might not be the favorites of many Dukes fans but they do have a useful purpose. If you have a child or grandchild and hope that they will be future Dukes fans someday, episodes like those are a great place to start.

Coincidentally, the final season of CHiPs (season 6, 1982/83) had an episode called 'The Spaceman Made Me Do It' where a young girl claims to be getting messages from an alien spacecraft, and another called 'Day of the Robot' where a robot is leant to the CHP for evaluation. Maybe it's just a sign that they're running out of ideas. From 'Day of the Robot', here's the "Maximum Efficiency Robotization Vector Series 1" or MERV for short:

CHiPsMERV0611.jpg

• 2 months later...

got to say that "Strange Visitor in Hazzard" is one of the episodes that I don't like...to me it is too far stretched and it did show that they were running low on ideas and so forth. It had really taken a curve from the normal plot line of the Dukes

Exactly! +1 !!

I think the goofiest, corniest episode was Carnival of Thrills...I hardly ever watch it!!

What exactly happend in this episode? I havent ever been able to catch it yet.

OK...This alien comes down into Skunk Hollow and freaks out the people who see him ( Enos) and then two crooks take over the radio station and broadcast a fake, " Aliens are indvading us" , story, to freak the people in town out and make them leave town, so they can rob the place. Then the alien has to get back to Skunk Hollow to meet his friends but the bad guys kidnaped him but he gets away and the Dukes help him find his way back to Skunk Hollow, where he meets up with his buddies and goes back into space. This was one of the top 3 goofiest episodes...his "Name", given by Daisy was " Little Cousin".....crap...!!

• 4 months later...

This certainly is one of the real clunker episodes, it was produced only a couple from the end of the show's run and really symbolises the show's dying breaths.

I rememeber watching it as a child, when it turned up one Sunday afternoon on BBC 1 (oddly, with the Beeb's shuffling episode episode order, it wasn't one of the very final episodes shown by them) and thinking to myself, even as a boy, that the show was pretty much over when they did this kinda episode.

Actually, I have to say that there are other episodes that I enjoy watching even less (a number of the sixth and seventh episodes were pretty dire), very occasionally I can stand this one from a more kitsch "what the HELL" kinda angle. But the whole idea of an alien was too far outside of the show's context or 'rules' even when bearing in mind one or two of the other far fetched episodes they attempted. But compare this episode to one from the first couple of seasons... it's almost like a different series entirely!

This was one of the worst, but The one I hated the most though, was Carnival of Thrills. It went from bad to worse, all the goofy lines when they were fighting, which was goofy in and of itself and when at the end, in order to get Luke involved, they had to have him look at the instruments so that Bo could " Keep his eye on the road"....what about making the jump that much harder with Luke's extra weight in the car?? Then of course he has to say, " Come on Bo, get your speed up, ", etc.....PLEEZE!! What about all the jumps, he made without having Luke's help? What about all the people who made jumps before that one? Plus all the goofy lines leading up to the fight, about how a pretty girl has you swimmy headed, etc. etc. there were probably a hundred stupid/goofy words, actions in this one!

Well...when it comes to the Dukes and it's really bad......how BAD can it REALLY be??? It's kind of like if someone gave you a thousand dollars free but it was all in ones....you'd rather have big bills, but still...:) Bad Dukes is still Dukes!!

I do generally agree, but it was the likes of this and a few other very silly (and somewhat childish) episodes from the final two seasons that contributed to running the show into the ground ("Robot P. Coltrane" is another example that springs to mind, and episodes such as s6's "The Fortune Tellers" are pretty dire too). Sure it's fun to have a wacko episode occasionally, but at a time where viewers were or had deserting the series, especially when considering the Coy and Vance era in season 5, the series needed a few more serious, toughed up storylines to really challenge the Dukes.

I do generally agree, but it was the likes of this and a few other very silly (and somewhat childish) episodes from the final two seasons that contributed to running the show into the ground ("Robot P. Coltrane" is another example that springs to mind, and episodes such as s6's "The Fortune Tellers" are pretty dire too). Sure it's fun to have a wacko episode occasionally, but at a time where viewers were or had deserting the series, especially when considering the Coy and Vance era in season 5, the series needed a few more serious, toughed up storylines to really challenge the Dukes.

I agree! Coy and Vance were an outright mistake though! VERY weak...they all had parents who were killed in some huge car crash and they ALL came to live with good 'ol Uncle Jesse! ( Were they diving a bus or something?)