Everything posted by Hobie Hartkins
-
Something I Noticed ( you may have too!)
(you millennials don't know what it was like waiting an entire week to watch a single episode and no way to record it; you caught it or you were out of luck for another week ) Millenials?? LOL!! I'm 52 ( 8/31/65) Ha Ha! I remember those days quite well myself!
-
Sheriff Little Passes Away!
Most definitely!
-
Something I Noticed ( you may have too!)
Did you ever notice Boss's nephew Huey Hogg, had a brother named Dewey Hogg and he only appeared in one episode but it made me notice, Huey, Dewey,........remember Donald Duck's 3 nephews? Huey, Dewey and Louie! We never got to see a " Louie" though, unfortunately! I think the DOH could've/should've run for a lot longer than it did! Maybe they would've eventually had a " Louie" Hogg!
-
Clifton James Dies
This is true. It brought Hazzard more to reality and gave it more texture.
-
A-Z Game
Mr. ....Wickle? ( The guy that did the children's show for Daisy's all girl patrol.)
-
Sheriff Little Passes Away!
https://cootersplace.com/don-pedro-colley-1938-2017/
-
A-Z Game
Enos and ....( What was the old lay's name?) She was arrested and they sang the gospel song.... ON a hill far away stood an OLD rugged cross.....
-
A-Z Game
Hatchepee County
-
A-Z Game
MOONSHINE! ( nothing beats it, if it's made right!)
-
One Word Song Titles
Wildfire...remember this one? By Michael Martin Murphy? https://www.bing.com/search?q=she+ran+calling+wildfire+song&form=EDNTHT&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&refig=195019a8d11e40b9f8e8cb8fa193713e&sp=2&qs=AS&pq=she+ran+calling+wil&sk=AS1&sc=5-19&cvid=195019a8d11e40b9f8e8cb8fa193713e&cc=US&setlang=en-US
-
A-Z Game
KIN - people you're related to...seems that everybody in Hazzard was either kin or knew them! ( I was going to use Lucas K Duke but I think I used that one last time!)
-
Alan Jackson
Yes and they even appeared on a few episodes! Lester Flatt's wife just died here a couple/three years back!
-
A-Z Game
Get back IN there ( Rosco told Enos when he backed out of a hay pile in his car and hit him....can't remember the episode)
-
Alan Jackson
Not really but I hear it from time to time...kinda hard not to seeing as where I live now.....Sparta Tn. home of Lester Flatt!! ( you know who he is, right?)
-
A-Z Game
Grandma Duke
-
Alan Jackson
Those guys are real!! By the way, Mountain Oysters are pig nuts.
-
Alan Jackson
Well, he thought mountain oysters were bull nuts, so....I wonder just how country he really is! ( Probably about as country as Shania Twain, the Canadian, having to learn from voice teachers, how to pronounce certain words to sound more country!)
-
NFL boycott
All they are is overpaid apes ! They have no appreciation for what this country has done for them! Where else in this world could they go and do what they do and make that kind of money?
-
Kid With Whiney Voice ( A Boy's Best Friend?)
This is my story...I watch them every night and just put the DVD on when I go to bed and when I start to fall asleep, I cut it off. It's usually not long. It helps me sleep. My wife says because they're boring but the REAL reason, is because they're comforting and I'd like to live in Hazzard forever! That's why, when I'm going to nap or go to bed or just " Check Out" for a while, I tell her I'm " Going to The land". She knows what I mean! LOL! I go through them in order but I'll keep the same one in for a long time before finally switching it out!
-
One Word Song Titles
That's right Rollman! Lights https://www.bing.com/search?q=lights+by+journey&form=EDNTHT&mkt=en-us&httpsmsn=1&refig=89a7c7b320dc42398a750a3a9290e6fd&sp=1&qs=AS&pq=lights+by+&sc=8-10&cvid=89a7c7b320dc42398a750a3a9290e6fd&cc=US&setlang=en-US
-
Kid With Whiney Voice ( A Boy's Best Friend?)
Did YOU like that episode?
-
Kid With Whiney Voice ( A Boy's Best Friend?)
Thank you Hoss and Rollman...you and I are of the same mind! That one and Dr. Jekyll are my two can't watch ones! Strange visitor is a photo finish second place!
-
Kid With Whiney Voice ( A Boy's Best Friend?)
I can't remember the name of the episode ( I'm sure Hoss will know!) but it was the one where the little red haired kid with the whiney voice got the dog and the family who owned the dog, wound up adopting him. I came across it the other night and decided to skip over it. It's one of the ones I haven't seen but a handful of times ( like Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Duke, etc. etc.) because I really don't like it. ( I guess there's 3-4 of them like that) but who was that kid? Where have I heard that voice before? It seems he may have done commercials or something. I just couldn't stand to hear that voice all the way through the episode droning and whining.
-
Alan Jackson
He lives in my hometown ( Williamson Co.) and my mechanic back then showed me this classic 1957 Corvette convertible and told me to look at the registration in the glove compartment. I saw 57 Music Square on the address and knew it must be somebody famous in music...and .....YESS!! It was Alan Jackson's 'Vette!
-
I'm Back!!!
Welcome back!!