Everything posted by HossC
- Favorite Dukes of Hazzard Quotes
- Word Association
-
Favorite Dukes of Hazzard Quotes
It was in 'Play it Again, Luke'. Boss: "Do you read?" Enos: "Oh, yes, sir, Mr. Hogg. I read every chance I get. I like boy-dog stories best. The one about Patches at play was my favorite in grammar school." Boss: "I can't believe this." Enos: "It's about this dog named Patches. He's got one brown eye and one blue eye, and his master named Christopher, ...and they was out playing with the squirrels and the cows on the farm..."
- Gilligan's Island(1964-1967)
-
Tragedy in my life
I've never tried to delete a whole thread, Roger. It may be within my powers, but I'd rather that Meadowmufn did it.
- Favorite Dukes of Hazzard Quotes
-
Johnny Cash Bio Pic Walk the Line
I saw it ages ago and still have the DVD.
-
Famous Country Music Couples
George Jones and Tammy Wynette were married for about six years ('69-'75).
-
Famous Country Music Couples
Johnny Cash and June Carter Cash.
-
2005 Dukes of Hazzard movie
This is about the 2005 movie soundtrack rather than the reunion movies. Here's the track listing of the CD: 1 Willie Nelson - Uncle Jesse Tells A Joke 2 Jessica Simpson - These Boots Are Made For Walkin' 3 The Allman Brothers Band - One Way Out 4 Stevie Ray Vaughan & Double Trouble - Pride And Joy 5 Lynyrd Skynyrd - Call Me The Breese 6 The Charlie Daniels Band - The South's Gonna Do It Again 7 Molly Hatchet - Flirtin' With Disaster 8 Montgomery Gentry - Hillbilly Shoes 9 Ram Jam - Black Betty 10 Southern Culture On The Skids - Soul City 11 The Blueskins - Change My Mind 12 The Jon Spencer Blues Explosion - Burn It Off 13 James Gang - Funk #49 14 Willie Nelson - Good Ol' Boys 15 Willie Nelson - Uncle Jesse Tells Another Joke My favorites would be Flirtin' With Disaster, Hillbilly Shoes and Black Betty, but I enjoy some of the others too.
-
One Word Song Titles
Finally, I'm posting a song that's not a tribute. Gucci are using this catchy tune for their Flora perfume at the moment. When I looked into it, I found that they got Miley Cyrus to sing their version, but the original is from 1994 by a British pop duo who were promoting the term 'Girl Power' before the Spice Girls. Shampoo - Delicious
-
Favorite Dukes of Hazzard Quotes
Skipper, please try to stick to the script when posting quotes. You had a couple of deviations with this one. Here's what they actually said: Jesse: "I'd have sworn I had the recipe in here." Boss Hogg: "It's horse liniment, you dodo!" Rosco: "Are you sure?" Boss Hogg: "You brung me Jesse's recipe for horse liniment." Rosco: "Boss, I didn't know it was horse liniment. I mean, after all, this was the only thing in his secret little tin that had writing on it. I just naturally thought..." Boss Hogg: "That's your trouble, you never do think naturally."
-
Cooter's gray car Bo and Luke borrow in Season 4 Hughie Hogg Strikes Again
It looks like a 1974/75 Ford Gran Torino. A similar car was used by the FBI agent at the end of 'Diamonds in the Rough', although that one had a two-tone paint job. Like the General, the gray car appears to have retained the chrome trim from a vinyl roof.
- Favorite Dukes of Hazzard Quotes
-
Favorite Dukes of Hazzard Quotes
Skipper, you're straying a bit from the actual script with that last one, and as you know, I like this thread to be accurate for reference purposes. I've also corrected your previous Waylon quote because it was quicker than reposting the line. Here's how the scene above should go: Luke: "Miz Tisdale, there's a U.S. Postal Inspector over at your Post Office and it looks like her and Rosco are fixing to accuse you of mail fraud." Miz Tisdale: "Mail fraud? Me?" Luke: "You." Miz Tisdale: "They got to be sucking out of a bent straw." Bo: "That's kind of what we figured, Miz Tisdale." Miz Tisdale: "That frosts me. I'm gonna tool over there and straighten them out." Luke: "Just hold on a second. Now, it looks like some sort of set up. So we figured you better lay low." Bo: "You can come and hide out at our farm." Miz Tisdale: "Hide out? Me? No way, José." [Her face changes] Miz Tisdale: "Did you say your farm?" Bo: "Yes, ma'am." Miz Tisdale: "With your Uncle Jesse?" Luke: "He's there most of the time." Miz Tisdale: "Ooooo!"
-
A-Z Game
OPERATION Roadblock What Rosco calls for just before him and Enos overturn their ATVs in 'Twin Trouble'. If you look back to April in this thread you'll see where I pointed out that it's Lydecker's Egg Farm in 'Arrest Jesse Duke' according to the closed captions.
-
A-Z Game
Mickey LARSEN Played by Dennis Burkley in 'Strange Visitor to Hazzard'.
-
A-Z Game
Rosie WALKER Owner of the land where the green car is found in 'Enos and Daisy's Wedding'. Skipper, you've posted 'VANCE Duke' the last five times in a row. Any chance of some variety?
-
Word Association
Toilet I've never heard of it, but that doesn't mean we don't have it.
- Word Association
- Word Association
-
Can anyone help?
That was in 'Dukes Strike it Rich', just after the line I posted above ("Yeah, old Tyrone was having a slow week.") - "Don't have no funerals till next Tuesday. He said business was kind of dead."
-
Can anyone help?
Hobie was also right about the undertaker. The Dukes borrow a limo off of Cooter's cousin Tyrone in 'Dukes Strike it Rich' in season 5 - "Yeah, old Tyrone was having a slow week." In 'The Great Hazzard Hijack', Cooter sheds a car he's towing and says, "Sure hope old Tyrone don't mind.", but there's no mention of this Tyrone being his cousin.
-
Can anyone help?
Cooter and Jesse borrow a limo from Cooter's cousin Tyrone to spook Nervous Norman near the end of 'Close Call for Daisy' in season 6. His name is only mentioned once, and no background is given.
- Word Association