Everything posted by Garrett Duke
-
Top 10 Favorite Things
1. God 2. My family 3. Lilly and Daisy (My dog and cat respectively) 4. Where I live 5. My health 6. Having a job that supports me 7. Chicago Cubs baseball 8. NASCAR - Jeff Gordon / Jimmie Johnson 9 Dukes of Hazzard 10. Numb3rs 11. Country and Christian music Well I guess I added an extra favorite to my list...sorry for bending the rules there Roger, I just couldn't limit myself. The list could probably go on if given the chance and I am sure the order isn't exactly correct, it was hard to do after getting past number six. What a great idea for a thread, Roger...as usual!
-
Anyone trying to lose weight?
Well I am in the same boat of really needing to lose weight! I have been facing the fact for a while now and even attempted to do so, but lack the personal discipline that it will take to do so. I really need to stop eating as much as I do and eat healthier food as well as exercising a lot more than I do...such as walking Lilly - my dog - more than I do. I need to stop percrasinating on starting the diet and actually put it into action - find the motivation to start the diet today instead of tomorrow. Perhaps if we would start something here for everyone working on losing weight to help motivate them...positively that is. I don't know, just a thought though don't know what it would be. LOL.
-
Congratulations B.L. Davenport
Congratulations BL on being the fan of the month! You deserve it!
-
Jimmie's Book - "Best in Hollywood"
Well I just posted a few days ago of how I liked the book, but hadn't finished it as of then. Well I finished it today - would have finished it sooner if I had more time to read than only when helping put the kids down for nap at work. Anyways, I thought I'd add onto how I felt about the book now that I am entirely done with the book. It was a great book and I would request other Duke fans or fans of James Best to read the book. I am not big on reading biographies and all that, I normally read mystery/crime novels, but it was an easy and fun read. As I said earlier, I know a lot more about James Best than I had before I read the book - which is a good thing. It did a great job at showing the ups and downs in his life and what persistance and hard work had helped him accomplish in his life. He sure is a man of lots of talents! I enjoyed reading the stories he told, the MANY pictures that are in the book, and the poems that he had written and included in the book. James Best - Thank-you for taking your time and hard work that it took to write the book and to tell your story! I really enjoyed reading it and learning about you and all that you have done and lived through in your life. Thank-you for sharing your poems and pictures as well. It was great.
- Reputation
-
Why Do We All Love The Dukes So Much ?
LOL I knew what you meant The king of NASCAR himself
-
Word Association
Tow truck (Richard Petty, Tom Petty - at least you had his last name right DukeFan )
-
Dukes Superfan Challenge
Excercise the ol' brain - perhaps that's what it needs to wake up .
-
Ya'll Know Me....But What The Heck!
Good thing then that you are not planning on changing then.
-
Jimmie's Book - "Best in Hollywood"
I am in the process of reading it at the moment and am almost done with it. Just got done with the Dukes of Hazzard part and cast part of the book. And am really enjoying the book and learning about James Best...I know a lot more about him than I had when I started the book. The pictures are great and enjoyed reading about the Duke cast. It is an enjoyable read for anyone who is a fan of the Dukes or James Best or both.
-
Word Association
racing (Racing helmet )
-
Dukes Superfan Challenge
Well Roger, am looking forward and dreading this challenge of yours. I am excited to see the questions and to perhaps actually answer questions to a quiz I actually know about for once. Dreading it because I was never ANY GOOD at quizzes! LOL. I'll probably flunk and then what will that say about me? Not very much seeing how long I've been a fan of the show. . . Am glad to see there isn't a deadline to it anytime soon either, that may actually allow me to take the quiz and hand it in on time! Don't want to get a tardy now, do we? Looking forward to your challenge, Roger. Knowing you, it'll be good.
-
Ya'll Know Me....But What The Heck!
LOL...Think you'd have us all worried if you were to change .
-
Why Do We All Love The Dukes So Much ?
I am sorry to hear that you have the flu...that is definately not fun. I hope you will have the chance to relax, rest, and recover quickly. As for emotional-wise, I am glad that you are a little better, it all takes time. Just know that I am...we are here for you. I was surprised to find that I didn't have you on my list either! You are welcome and thank-you for accepting. I am glad and lucky to have met such a big Duke fan as myself and a good friend. By the way Dukefan...I don't know if you like NASCAR or not, but if you are, I have a NASCAR group here. It is public, but if you are a fan or like it and want to join, let me know and I can send you an invite! But don't feel like you have to, I just thought I'd let you know about it. I hope you are having a good weekend!
-
Word Association
Blocks (As in building blocks being a day care teacher, I had to put that in )
-
Ya'll Know Me....But What The Heck!
I was afraid you'd say that. Just jokin' Lori...no one would want you to change at all!
- Word Association
-
Ya'll Know Me....But What The Heck!
Ah good. Glad to hear that I'm not boring. Thanks! Hmmm Good point Lori. LOL...You know what they say - no time like the present to change ways.
-
Why Do We All Love The Dukes So Much ?
Thanks Dukefan! That means a lot to me! You are a great friend too! I hope that you are feeling better.
-
Ya'll Know Me....But What The Heck!
Lori - stop your teasing...it's not nice! I may have to go sick ol' Rosco on you and he can lock you up and throw you under the jail. I only slack because I lack the time to post and lack anything worthwhile to say. I am saving everyone from my boredom.
-
Ya'll Know Me....But What The Heck!
As much as I do? Either you are mistaken or are attempting to be really nice to me; can't figure out which. LOL. You have WAY MORE than I have - try about two thousand more posts than I . I really must be slacking...shame on me!
-
Ya'll Know Me....But What The Heck!
LOL Lori! A riot sounds about right...better than facing the fact that I am supposedly lazy. And since you have way more posts than I do, Lori, what does that say about me? How can you have more posts than I? How unfair is this? LOL
-
Musical Chairs
LOL TexasDaisy...you aren't the only one if you can see my previous posts from today on this thread. Craig Morgan sings that song though.
-
Why Do We All Love The Dukes So Much ?
Congratulations Dukefan! Dang I must be like the slowest moving person...look at everyone reaching a thousand posts and beyond and then you look at me! I'd been here for what seems to be forever and yet I don't have the posts to show for it. Oh well. Once again, I have room for improvements.
-
Musical Chairs
OK let me try this again...thanks to Roger . Guess I don't get to use Tim McGraw after all. Oh well... What I love about Sundays -Craig Morgan (You are welcome Roger...that is one of the few things I am pretty good at is knowing who sings what when it comes to Country. Though I know I've been wrong a time or two LOL)