The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

On 6/23/2024 at 10:36 AM, Hobie Hartkins said:

Now why did SHE refuse to go in??? Hmmmm.....

Happy Birthday by the way Hot Shot!! :) 

Because they didn't want to see her like that. It's so funny I met the brother of the deceased Friday and left him a few phone numbers to someone that buys and flips houses and an estate buyer thinking it might help out down the road since he lives out of state. The friends of the deceased called me insensitive for doing that, but this was probably the only time I'm going to see him since he's from out of state and I figured I'd leave him some contacts that may come in handy in due time. Funny coming from them considering they called the brother every name in the book. And wouldn't come over and check on their friend when I contacted them last Saturday. 

Yesterday I took the day off. Went out to put a coat of wax on the car early in the morning and see 2 cop cars in the parking lot, then 4 detectives show up and then the coroner. One of the neighbors apparently passed away over the weekend. For the family's sake I hope it was natural causes. 

Btw thanks for the birthday wishes but it sucked. The plans my wife made went poof. My uncle was incessant that the home health aide needed some important papers so we dropped everything and drove all the way back home to find the papers and drop them off at my dad's only to find they left from my dad's already. So I figured :censored: it and mowed the lawns instead so I could at least get one day to sleep in on the weekend. 

Edited by Spike

I hope it gets better for you Bud!!   

I  gotta get to the hospital tomorrow ....they just called to tell me when my surgery is going to be....I KNEW IT!!!!  :duh::censored::censored:!!!!  6:30 AM!!! And they're in the next county over!! ( Putnam!!)  GRRR!!! It's called a Herniotomy...you got it! Hobie is now Hobie Hernia!! :)  ( Hernia Hartkins???? :unsure:)

9 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

I hope it gets better for you Bud!!   

I  gotta get to the hospital tomorrow ....they just called to tell me when my surgery is going to be....I KNEW IT!!!!  :duh::censored::censored:!!!!  6:30 AM!!! And they're in the next county over!! ( Putnam!!)  GRRR!!! It's called a Herniotomy...you got it! Hobie is now Hobie Hernia!! :)  ( Hernia Hartkins???? :unsure:)

Good luck Hobie! I hope it turns out ok for you. Not laughing cuz you have to have surgery. Laughing cuz of the new nickname you wrote.

Posted (edited)
3 hours ago, Spike said:

Roger batten down your hatches. Severe storms and torrential downpours that hit here will be heading your way later this afternoon. 

Good luck on your surgery Hobie.

Still raining hard but the worst of it is over. Let us know how it went as soon as you can Hobie. When they ask you how you got your hernia are you going to be honest and tell them it was from lifting and moving your still because you knew the revenuers were on the way? 

Edited by RogerDuke

7 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

Well fellow Hazzardinians ! I just had my long , put off , Hernia surgery today but I'm back at the car lot !! :) It seems that all went well but I'm not out of the woods yet. ( won't be 100% sure for about a month! ( Aug. 1st ??)

I'm happy for you Hobie! Keep us posted. :)

10 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

I'm happy for you Hobie! Keep us posted. :)

I need somebody to go get me some Shine....or at least a 12pk.! My wife won't let me out of the house yet! LOL!! :) 

* I could definitely use a better pain killer !! The stuff they gave me ain't *&^%!! My Arthritis strength Tylenol  works better!

Glad to hear you are recovering Hobie and hope you are not in too much pain.

That sounds like fun, Roger. I never rode a dirt bike before.

I am in need of Cooter as my car's transmission warning came on the other day on my way home from work. Once home we got a bad storm with big hail. So on top of my transmission problems, I now have a few dings in my car from the hail. Now that said, my car is no General Lee and most people may not think one ioda about it as it's only a 2014 Ford Focus. But it is my baby and it's by far my favorite car that I've had so far so both issues makes me upset. It is currently at the shop and the last I heard was that they were waiting on to see if Ford would pay for the clutch since it had a recall on the clutch, but it was past the recall date. (Go figure...though I don't see how there is a past recall date as a bad part is a bad part. I should be rewarded for it lasting this long. LOL) 

My landlady raised my rent starting on the first. I was already worrying about how I'm going to make that possible as I am already living paycheck to paycheck. Now to worry about my car on top of it all. Plus work stress and my college class...I'm ready to run far far away. (I'm still paying the bank for my car as well...) 

Posted (edited)

Shucks Garrett. Your post is tough. I wish there was more that we could do but if helps at all......just know how loved you are by your family here. Usually when you have a run of bad luck that means you are due for a run of good luck. I sure hope that run starts soon for you. ❤ 

Edit: There you go Garrett. I added to the role play. That might cheer you up. 

Edited by RogerDuke

4 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

I am in need of Cooter as my car's transmission warning came on the other day on my way home from work. Once home we got a bad storm with big hail. So on top of my transmission problems, I now have a few dings in my car from the hail. Now that said, my car is no General Lee and most people may not think one ioda about it as it's only a 2014 Ford Focus. But it is my baby and it's by far my favorite car that I've had so far so both issues makes me upset. It is currently at the shop and the last I heard was that they were waiting on to see if Ford would pay for the clutch since it had a recall on the clutch, but it was past the recall date. (Go figure...though I don't see how there is a past recall date as a bad part is a bad part. I should be rewarded for it lasting this long. LOL) 

My landlady raised my rent starting on the first. I was already worrying about how I'm going to make that possible as I am already living paycheck to paycheck. Now to worry about my car on top of it all. Plus work stress and my college class...I'm ready to run far far away. (I'm still paying the bank for my car as well...) 

Is your Focus a manual or automatic? That generation of Ford Focus had a junk automatic transmission. Ford was trying something new with a dry dual clutch automatic transmission, unfortunately every owner is finding out that it was a bad idea. Bad enough the engines were known to grenade themselves too but so do the transmissions. Other than that those were great little cars, many car magazines praised them as the best handling compact cars. Wish you luck Garrett.

6 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

I feel for you Garrett! Bud, I've BEEN there! If I was a rich  man , I'd help you out! Right now  I'm paying for the Hernia AND I STILL haven't gotten through it all!! I've got at least 2 more appointments with the Dr.,  which means more bills!! This whole thing is going to cost me like buying a car and it was a simple, quick operation! The Anesthetist said ( when I asked him how long this would take) that it would take him longer to put me out than it would fpr the surgeon to fix my Hernia! 

Thank you everyone. I am sure things will work out. My parents are helping out a lot so I am blessed. I've read how the transmissions of the car were faulty. I think I read it right before buying it as well but the guy told my dad if that were to happen they'd fix it. But my dad had to bring my car to another place because where I got it was booked until mid July.  I really like this car and am sad to see it having issues. I felt guilty leaving it on the lot Wednesday. It's Sunday and they still have it and no word on who is paying for it or how this will happen. Hopefully tomorrow. I'm just hoping Ford will cover it since obviously it's on them...but we will see. Thank you for your support. I almost didn't post it because I am sure you all have stuff going on as well and this is nothing compared to a surgery and having to pay for that on top of it. It'll work out, I just need to be patient...

20 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Shucks Garrett. Your post is tough. I wish there was more that we could do but if helps at all......just know how loved you are by your family here. Usually when you have a run of bad luck that means you are due for a run of good luck. I sure hope that run starts soon for you. ❤ 

Thank you Roger. I am looking forward to seeing your post!

On 6/29/2024 at 3:10 PM, RogerDuke said:

+! !! 

Well, I finally got my car back and it's great to have it back. I am blessed to have great parents who not only let me drive my mom's car while I was without a car, but they also paid the bill to have my car fixed. They know I can't pay for it and had said they would earlier, but do feel guilty having them pay for it. But I'm already living paycheck to paycheck as it is, so my dad is right, but still hate that they are paying for it. I feel as I should be able to support myself as everyone else seems to be able to, but here I am. It doesn't help my landlord raised my rent this month as well. Ugh. My dad also says my car probably is due for some new tires as they are noisy, so I'll have to think about that as well. There's always something... though I also know how blessed I am. So I will focus on the positive. 

Or try to.

Hope you all will have a fun and safe Fourth of July. 

24 minutes ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

That's great! Hey just fig. out how much it takes to get you by and then budget accordingly and STAY ON IT!! ( don't drop the ball! e.g., " Well it was on sale". " I've been wanting one of those for a long time>" etc.)

I try not to, but I'm not very successful at it. LOL. 

On 7/3/2024 at 9:20 PM, Garrett Duke said:

Well, I finally got my car back and it's great to have it back. I am blessed to have great parents who not only let me drive my mom's car while I was without a car, but they also paid the bill to have my car fixed. They know I can't pay for it and had said they would earlier, but do feel guilty having them pay for it. But I'm already living paycheck to paycheck as it is, so my dad is right, but still hate that they are paying for it. I feel as I should be able to support myself as everyone else seems to be able to, but here I am. It doesn't help my landlord raised my rent this month as well. Ugh. My dad also says my car probably is due for some new tires as they are noisy, so I'll have to think about that as well. There's always something... though I also know how blessed I am. So I will focus on the positive. 

Or try to.

Hope you all will have a fun and safe Fourth of July. 

They're expensive but I can recommend Michelin Cross Climate 2's. Best all season tire you can get without having to get winter tires. But if you live where you don't see much snow than go for a cheaper tire. 

Like Hobie says work out a budget and stick to it. Also throw $5-10 into a savings account every week and don't touch it unless absolutely needed. 

Also since you got the transmission fixed trade that Focus in on another car before the transmission grenades again because it will. 

3 hours ago, Spike said:

They're expensive but I can recommend Michelin Cross Climate 2's. Best all season tire you can get without having to get winter tires. But if you live where you don't see much snow than go for a cheaper tire. 

Like Hobie says work out a budget and stick to it. Also throw $5-10 into a savings account every week and don't touch it unless absolutely needed. 

Also since you got the transmission fixed trade that Focus in on another car before the transmission grenades again because it will. 

I do live in an area of snow. I will definitely have to research on what tires to get and what I can afford.

I really hope not to go through this again anytime soon. I don't think trading my car in is an option right now.

I sure wish everybody had a Cooter in their town. If your transmission needed replaced he'd do it in the time you walked to the store to pick up the dozen donuts he wanted to do the job. 

Not only are vehicle repairs crazy expensive now but vehicles have gotten so complicated that you can't work on them yourself anymore. There's just too much unnecessary high tech crap on them. But it makes the car companies more profit so they aren't going to change. In their defense, some of it is to comply with unnecessary government regulations.