The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

2 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Hey Spike, You aren't in the path of totality for the April 8 eclipse are you? (Bo Duke's 64th bithhday). 

I think I'm on the line of totality. Don't really matter anyways as I'll be working that day. Would be nice if it's my building as my boss said he'd give us a few minutes to experience it, but if I'm stuck in the wife's building I wouldn't have the time to see it.

19 hours ago, Spike said:

I think I'm on the line of totality. Don't really matter anyways as I'll be working that day. Would be nice if it's my building as my boss said he'd give us a few minutes to experience it, but if I'm stuck in the wife's building I wouldn't have the time to see it.

Trust me on this one. This is a once in a lifetime experience. It is much different than other eclipses. You need to find out if you are going to be in totality. Please let me know.

37 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

Does 2017 sound right? 

It very well might be. I've noticed one of....I say ONE of the things happening to me as I get older, ( 58 yrs. going on 59...Aug. 31)  is that I can't keep past things in order and how far back it was! :(  ( And NO! It's not because of my indulgence every so often of my finest! :) )  

• 2 weeks later...

What a week. Temp's in my wife's building were a bunch of no shows no calls so guess who got volunteered to go back there the whole week, to top it off my boss told clients we could get orders out ASAP, that didn't go so well since I was working in the other building. My coworkers managed to get one order done and shipped. 

Wednesday my brother in law decided to take his mom on a day trip up to Ann Arbor and ended up getting T-boned by a red light running college kid. But of course he left the dashcam at home and no witnesses stuck around to tell the police so his word against theirs. Anyways had to drive all the way up there to pick them up at the hospital and take them home back here in Ohio. Didn't get home that night till 10:30 and went to bed without dinner. 

Have a good Easter everyone.

On 3/31/2024 at 10:40 AM, Spike said:

What a week. Temp's in my wife's building were a bunch of no shows no calls so guess who got volunteered to go back there the whole week, to top it off my boss told clients we could get orders out ASAP, that didn't go so well since I was working in the other building. My coworkers managed to get one order done and shipped. 

Wednesday my brother in law decided to take his mom on a day trip up to Ann Arbor and ended up getting T-boned by a red light running college kid. But of course he left the dashcam at home and no witnesses stuck around to tell the police so his word against theirs. Anyways had to drive all the way up there to pick them up at the hospital and take them home back here in Ohio. Didn't get home that night till 10:30 and went to bed without dinner. 

Have a good Easter everyone.

I feel for you Cousin! I sure hope it gets better for you! You just remember, your favorite car salesman and drinking buddy/town drunk, is in your corner! Hey, I'll even GIVE you a fifth of my finest, next time you're at the car lot! :) 

Honestly, my heart goes out to you and if you ever want to talk, I'm here for you! Just PM me!

1 hour ago, RogerDuke said:

Biggest news around here lately is the eclipse coming up on John Schneider's birthday April 8. Traffic is going to be terrible, especially afterward. Not for me. I'm staying right here. I'm pretty excited about it. 

About the only good thing about where I live, is it's never crowded! I remember me and my wife were stopping by Dominos to pick up a pizza the last time it happened! It doesn't seem THAT long ago! Time flies when you're over 30!!

13 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

You are awesome Hobie. You always show so much compassion for people who are down. I mean, giving away your finest?! Only a true friend would do that. You don't see me giving away any of my buttermilk. 

My grandmother used to give me Buttermilk when she babysat me and so I learned to love it. When I was in 1st or 2nd grade...not sure which....think it was second, the teacher asked who likes Butter milk and I was the only one who raised my hand! LOL! :) 

22 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

My grandmother used to give me Buttermilk when she babysat me and so I learned to love it. When I was in 1st or 2nd grade...not sure which....think it was second, the teacher asked who likes Butter milk and I was the only one who raised my hand! LOL! :) 

Well, at least there was one kid in that class who was raised right. I had it growing up too and still like it but never buy it. Right now I'm trying to eat right because I am borderline for needing cholesterol and blood pressure meds. I'm getting ready to turn 64 and am happy that I am on no meds and want to keep it that way. 

5 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

Well, at least there was one kid in that class who was raised right. I had it growing up too and still like it but never buy it. Right now I'm trying to eat right because I am borderline for needing cholesterol and blood pressure meds. I'm getting ready to turn 64 and am happy that I am on no meds and want to keep it that way. 

I'm 58, have cholesterol medicine, high blood pressure medicine , etc. I'm a victim of my genetics!

Brother in laws car was ransacked up in Michigan in the yard that it was towed to after the accident. His insurance had it towed to their lot here in Ohio and he went to get some personal items Monday and everything in the interior is gone except registration and the manual. Luckily they didn't grab mother in laws scooter out of the trunk. They even took the gas door :cornfused: probably even stole the gas out of the car. I think insurance will get his car fixed as the damage is just the doors and b pillar. 

On 4/3/2024 at 6:32 PM, Spike said:

Brother in laws car was ransacked up in Michigan in the yard that it was towed to after the accident. His insurance had it towed to their lot here in Ohio and he went to get some personal items Monday and everything in the interior is gone except registration and the manual. Luckily they didn't grab mother in laws scooter out of the trunk. They even took the gas door :cornfused: probably even stole the gas out of the car. I think insurance will get his car fixed as the damage is just the doors and b pillar. 

Well he heard back from his insurance, they totaled it out, their reasoning is any car 5 years or older with $3,000 or more damage gets automatically totaled. Unfortunately for him he didn't get the GAP insurance so now he's out of a car and still owes $5k on it because he bought it for more than it was worth instead of shopping around for a better deal. 

6 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Spike, did you ever find out if you are going to be in totality for the eclipse on Monday? How about you Skipper? I'm wondering if Spike is north of it and Skipper is south of it. 

Where I work it looks like we will be on the edge of totality, I already said I'm working in my building as my boss already said we could take a few minutes to go outside and view it, in fact he gave everyone eclipse glasses this week. 

""This surprises me considering the price of used cars.""

I was shocked too, someone is going to buy it and fix it and sell it as a rebuilt title, only the side airbags went off and only the passenger doors and B pillar is damaged. Windshield, A and C pillars, rear quarter panel and front fender are fine. Let's just say I'm glad I'm not a customer of that company that has a certain late show host, rapper and former governor as shills. Luckily both my wife and i's cars have GAP insurance through our insurance company.

6 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I know I'm going to be on them eventually. Have you ever had any side effects? 

no but every now and then I forget to take them, because this is the first time I ever took something for something I didn't feel,, e.g. when my head hurts or my back aches, I take a BC....no need to be reminded. This HBP, Cholesterol, etc. I don't feel, so I forget every now and then.

9 hours ago, Spike said:

Where I work it looks like we will be on the edge of totality, I already said I'm working in my building as my boss already said we could take a few minutes to go outside and view it, in fact he gave everyone eclipse glasses this week. 

""This surprises me considering the price of used cars.""

Thanks for correcting my spelling. It's a shame you can't get into totality but won't be a big deal if it's going to be cloudy. 

5 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

LOL This Roger Duke guy is weird. Who cares about the price of used cats?

I do :lol:, I have a previously owned cat. 

Speaking of cats, the little runt beat up the vet assistant last week at her annual checkup :lol:. I was like she's just 6.5 lbs, I carry her around in one arm lol. I guess she's learned a lot during our wrestling matches :lol: