One Word Song Titles

HossC

• 8 months later...

This thread's been quiet for a while, and sadly I'm back with a tribute. Today I read the news that Marie Fredriksson, half of Swedish duo Roxette, has died aged just 61. She'd been battling cancer since 2002, and it finally got the better of her. Here's one of their most successful tracks which topped the charts around the world in 1991.

Joyride - Roxette

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

I've used this thread for a lot of tributes in the last year or two, so here's something more cheerful. Last Friday was the annual Irish televisual institution known as "The Late Late Toy Show". "The Late Late Show" is a Friday night talk show, but once a year, about a month before Christmas, they do a special show with kids showing off some current toys. Most of the kids are 6-10 years old, but this year there was a slightly older one singing the song 'Giants' by his favorite singer, Dermot Kennedy. The look on his face when he's surprised by Dermot joining him for a duet is priceless, but he carries on like a real pro. They had to practice social distancing throughout this year's show - is it the same on US shows at the moment?

16 hours ago, HossC said:

They had to practice social distancing throughout this year's show - is it the same on US shows at the moment?

Yep social distancing, masks(off camera) and quarantining as well depending on the studio company, some are more stricter than others. Soap Operas are using real life spouses or one show went as far as having a mannequin made of one of their stars for a romantic scene which turned into a funny meme :lol:.

If you didn't know already AC/DC dropped a new album a few weeks ago...https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gLA70huskTk

8 hours ago, Spike said:

Yep social distancing, masks(off camera) and quarantining as well depending on the studio company, some are more stricter than others. Soap Operas are using real life spouses or one show went as far as having a mannequin made of one of their stars for a romantic scene which turned into a funny meme :lol:.

I don't watch any soap operas, but I don't think they've introduced any real life spouses or mannequins over here. Some of the quiz and panel shows that I watch have returned with the participants separated by transparent screens which hardly show on camera.

21 hours ago, HossC said:

I don't watch any soap operas, 

My wife is pretty mad because Dish Network has a dispute with ABC and has dropped them, for the moment at least. She has loved General Hospital as long as I have loved Dukes. I bet all the satellite TV and cable companies will all go out of business because of the internet. Other things are fading away too because of the internet,  like cab companies, libraries, banks, newspapers, movie theaters. If a solar storm ever takes out all our satellites, we'll go back to the Stone Age. 

On 12/4/2020 at 1:51 PM, RogerDuke said:

My wife is pretty mad because Dish Network has a dispute with ABC and has dropped them, for the moment at least. She has loved General Hospital as long as I have loved Dukes. I bet all the satellite TV and cable companies will all go out of business because of the internet. Other things are fading away too because of the internet,  like cab companies, libraries, banks, newspapers, movie theaters. If a solar storm ever takes out all our satellites, we'll go back to the Stone Age. 

I watch Young and the Restless if I happen to be home for lunch, I'm assuming for nostalgia because growing up I remember at lunch time my grandma would turn that on. It was interesting in the early summer they aired old episodes I remembered seeing with my grandma. It's weird how some things get ingrained into your brain.

I have great TV memories with my grandparents too. Dukes came out when I was 19. I had just bought some land but was still living with my parents who were real close to my grandparents, just one house in between them. My grandparents had an antenna good enough to get CBS but my parents could only get NBC so I watched Dukes with them and always stayed another hour and watched Dallas. Great memories! 

• 5 months later...