Everything posted by HossC
-
Hazzard Square
Here's our first look at Cooter's (#22 on the aerial views) from 'Swamp Molly'. Thanks to Ben Jones's efforts it stayed fairly much the same throughout all 7 seasons. Sadly, as mentioned above, this building has been replaced. From the same episode, and next to Cooter's, is a very clean looking Rhuebottom's (#23) with a very clean looking Uncle Jesse truck outside. I think Rhuebottom's remained a constant fixture throughout all 7 seasons, although its appearance changed (as I will document in the future). Again this building has been replaced. Beside Rhuebottom's is Carol's Jewelry. This business seems to have no entrance, and I think 'Luke's Love Story' was the only episode it appears in (I may correct myself later). O'Connor Paint Supply (#24) is just past Carol's. As I pointed out in this thread, this is merely a facade with nothing behind it. By 'The Big Heist' (2 episodes later) Carol's Jewelry has gone and Rhuebottom's is looking much dirtier. The impound yard where Neil Bishop's car gets towed to is just off the right side of this picture.
-
Hazzard Square
Whilst working on my recent Fan Art project, Buildings of Hazzard, I realised how many changes take place to the stores and other buildings around Hazzard Square. I thought we could have some fun recording the changes. Most of us know that after the Georgia episodes Hazzard Square relocated to the back lot at Warner Bros. Studios in Burbank. Below are 2 different views of the square as it is now. I have numbered the buildings for reference purposes. As you can see, the square hasn't changed that much, notable exceptions are: building 10 has been re-clad; buildings 16, 22, 23, 24 and 25 are totally different and have been rebuilt since Dukes. The following buildings stay the same in virtually every episode: 3. Bank of Hazzard (Boss's Bank) 4. Barber Shop 7. Drug Store, Ice Cream Parlor & Bus Stop 11. Hazzard County US Post Office 13. Hotel 18. Hazzard County Gospel Church 20. Boss Hogg's House 22. Cooter's Garage (now rebuilt as a house) 23. Rhuebottom's General Store (now rebuilt as a house) 24. O'Connor Paint Supply (no longer there) 32. Hazzard County Court House 33. Hazzard Police Station Others only change a few times, but are usually one of the following: 8. Theater/Hazzard Theater/Hazzard Picture Palace 9. Hazzard County Telephone Company/Hazzard County Telephone and Telegraph Co. 10. Seth M. Berley & Co./Furniture Mart/Hazzard Emporium/J.D. Hogg Furniture Mart 12. Joe's Hardware/Hazzard Hardware & Sporting Goods I have many more to add, and screengrabs to illustrate the changes, but my list in nowhere near complete so please feel free to jump in and add any other businesses you spot. If a business only appears briefly (one or two episodes) please try to give the episode(s) you see it in (and a screengrab if you have that ability). If you are not sure where the business is, give as much information as you can and I'm sure, between us, we can identify it.
-
Word Association
NASCAR (couldn't let Garrett down, now could I? )
- Word Association
- The Official Dukes of Hazzard Trivia Thread
-
Signs of Hazzard
Yes we do, although none of this year's hoaxes stand out. Apparently the story about our banks needing €24bn wasn't a joke .
-
Double Zero
I watched the Double Zero scenes over and over when I was doing my Fan Art version, and I don't think the license plate was ever clearly shown - I certainly couldn't make it out. I'd love to finish the rear view by adding the correct license plate if anyone knows it.
- Word Association
-
Howdy
Welcome to HazzardNet Daisy Duke 01. Looks like you're a couple of hours away from Cooter's Place at Gatlinburg, have you ever been?. I also see from Google Maps that you have Claiborne County Airport nearby. It's good to see old Cassius is still about and has renamed Osage County after himself . I think Roger would like it there too - you appear to have Rogersville just down the road.
-
Signs of Hazzard
It's the 1st of April, so Happy Sadie Hogg Day y'all. Here's my version of a sign from that episode (S04E07).
-
The Official Dukes of Hazzard Trivia Thread
Sounds fine to me Roger, we just need to educate the rest of the world . Having said that, I can see problems asking for a glass of freshly squeezed Duke car juice in a restaurant, and one of the UK's cell phone operators will have to change it's name as well. Roger and waikiki correctly remembered that Luke thought Bubba was like a Mack truck. Unfortunately there are virtually none of these great trucks over here, we just get things like Volvos and Dafs and they're nearly all cabovers . Q. Rod Amateau directed/produced many episodes of Dukes, but appeared on screen in just one episode. Which episode was it and what was the name of his character?.
- Word Association
-
Howdy
Welcome to HazzardNet Terry. Hope you enjoy your stay.
-
The Official Dukes of Hazzard Trivia Thread
It's great to have a spread of answers, afterall, they say variety is the spice of life (although I find paprika and cumin more useful ). The answer was 10 years, so waikiki is the only one to get it right. Q. In 'Find Loretta Lynn', Luke likens Bubba's size to which make of truck?: A) Kenworth Peterbilt C) Oshkosh D) Freightliner E) Mack F) White
-
Musical Chairs
Stop The Rock - Apollo 440
- Word Association
-
One Word Song Titles
Songbird - Fleetwood Mac From the classic 1977 album Rumours.
-
Musical Chairs
I Don't Want to Know - Fleetwood Mac From the classic 1977 album Rumours.
- Word Association
- The Official Dukes of Hazzard Trivia Thread
-
Daisy's Shotgun Wedding
Here's a closer, angled view of the area MeadowMufn posted: The building MeadowMufn highlighted as the Beaudry shack seems to be a larger, barn-like structure. If this is the location it looks like the Beaudry's have their own cement pond. There is another tower on a hill on the south side of Placerita Canyon Road: Here is the tower at the eastern end of Lake Sherwood (top right of picture): Just for comparison, here is a shot of the Duke farm from the start of 'Go West, Young Dukes' in season 7. The tower is clearly visible on the hill behind: Warning: bad pun. It's a shame if the structures are water towers - I thought they might be Milo's twin brother Silo Beaudry!.
- Word Association
-
Daisy's Shotgun Wedding
I don't know if the Beaudry's shack is behind the Duke's barn, but here's a screengrab of the ultralights flying over it: I tried getting a grab of the fight scene, but the amount of movement makes the freeze frames very blurry. There is definitely a circular white structure behind them at the start of the fight that looks like silo or some sort of storage building. Maybe someone else will recognize it.
-
Yee-Haw as my 9 year old would say
Welcome to HazzardNet tammy. It seems like there's more kids getting into Dukes every day (which ain't a bad thing ). I'm glad you enjoy it too of course. You have 3 options: 1) You can post them as attachments (which non-members can't see). 2) You can upload them to photobucket, flickr or similar and include them in a post. 3) You can add them to your own album in the 'Member Galleries' section here.
-
Word Association
sun We've had some good weather here this week with temperatures in the 60s. Not bad for Spring in Ireland .