Everything posted by HossC
-
What episode was this in?
That's not an accusation that worries me!
- Word Association
-
What episode was this in?
Well done, Skipper. I also remembered the scene but not the episode. Watching the scene again, I remembered that it slightly annoyed me. When Boss reveals his string of dollar signs, every other one should be mirrored if they were cut out of a single piece of paper, but they all face the same way.
-
A-Z Game
JAY Ripley played Deputy Wilbur Fudge
-
What are you listening to???
I'm glad y'all liked the song. I've listened to it many times now. I felt bad that I didn't know much about Clodagh Lawlor, so I had a look on YouTube. Here's a track called 'Whiskeys Cheaper Than Wine'. She even appears to be wearing Daisy Dukes in the video. You could take me to the city It's really not me All I want is a real good time So let's hitch a ride and get out of this place To the bar with the neon lights It's in the country, there you can see All the girls all dance in-line They got an old-time fiddle, and the beer is cold And the whiskeys cheaper than wine
-
One Word Song Titles
I'm just seeing the sad news that British singer Chris Rea has died at the age of 74. Here's a song from 1991. I have the limited edition CD single that came in a box which looked like a model car (Chris' own blue Caterham Super Seven which can be seen in the background of this video). BTW. Auberge is French for a hostel or inn. At this time of year his 'Driving Home For Christmas' is a staple of the radio playlists. I don't know if he's well known in the US.
-
A-Z Game
GOLDEN Oak Ranch
-
A-Z Game
Juney ELLIS played The Lady in 'Lawman of the Year'
-
One Word Song Titles
Here's the Styx video to make it easier for people to check it out: I'm English, but living in Ireland. The comment is from YouTube.
-
A-Z Game
Dead and ALIVE
-
What are you listening to???
A month ago, Dave Moore, the DJ on the morning radio show that I listen to, had a dream about writing and recording a Country Christmas song. He enlisted the vocal help of Clodagh Lawlor, one of Ireland's youngest award-winning Country Music stars who also presents a Country Music show on the same station. He revealed the song yesterday morning, and it's both fun and catchy. BTW. "Quality Street" refers to a box of candy, and a "Tayto multipack" refers to potato chips - both will be found in a lot of Irish homes at Christmas.
-
One Word Song Titles
Here's something a bit different - some Irish indie folk music. I don't think I'd heard of Kingfishr a year ago, but yesterday the radio station I listen to announced this as their listeners' song of the year. Killeagh (pronounced 'Killa') is the hurling team that one of the band members once played for. He said he'd write them a song if they made it to the final, and they did. The top comment on YouTube says "This makes me proud to be Irish, which is weird since I am Norwegian".
-
Season 7
NB. Most sources now say there are 147 episodes. This is because 'Carnival of Thrills' in season 3 was originally a single 2-hour special, but the DVDs split it into two separate episodes.
-
The Dukes of Hazzard Seasons 1-4
NB. 'Carnival of Thrills' is listed here as a single episode as it was originally aired as a 2-hour special. It appears as two separate episodes on DVD releases. The other 2-parters ('10 Million Dollar Sheriff' and 'Undercover Dukes') originally aired separately with the two episodes shown a week apart.
-
NASCAR news
It looks like ex-NASCAR driver Greg Biffle was one of seven people killed when a Cessna C550 crashed while landing at Statesville Regional Airport in North Carolina. The cause of the crash has not yet been determined. I found the story here: https://www.bbc.com/news/articles/c741r9ve3z7o
-
A-Z Game
Hazzard Car WASH
-
Word Association
Lockets A similar product over here.
-
Hazzard Square
I think Netflix need the studios, but that doesn't mean they'll keep all the facilities. Cooter's Garage went in the '90s and the Mexican and Western sets have also gone. Some of the Hazzard Square buildings have been standing since the '60s, which, let's face it, is a long time for any building in the Los Angeles area! If politics get involved, WB could go to Paramount Skydance, and they already have studios. It would be great to think that Hazzard Square would be preserved, but as my recent post on the Warner Ranch shows, money will always win out.
-
168/1969 Dodge Charger General Lee Go Cart
I'm really not sure what scale we're talking about here and what body you're planning to use.
-
Prayers for Skipper Duke
I double-checked before posting my reply above, and every source I found said it sank on the 15th. The iceberg hit was late on the 14th.
-
Prayers for Skipper Duke
The Titanic left Queenstown (now Cobh) in Ireland on April 11th, 1912, hit the iceberg just before midnight on the 14th, and sank on the 15th. BTW. Cobh is pronounced like "cove".
-
In Case You Haven't Heard
Will you be including Swamp Molly in this list?
-
Prayers for Skipper Duke
Not quite. Titanic sank in 1912 (its keel was laid down in 1909).
-
A-Z Game
Marshall KEN Collins (from 'New Deputy in Town')
-
A-Z Game
Burton Gilliam played HEEP (in his second appearance)