Titanic(1997)

Skipper Duke

• 1 month later...

Titanic fans/buffs... I've learned new evidence in the Titanic crash. The trying to reverse the engines from Ahead Full to Full Astern caused 'em to crash. The wake/draft/slipstream left behind by the ship going forward at full speed caused 'em to crash. It drifted 'em right to the iceberg and right into collision with it. Plus anybody knows when ya slow down from going forward to go reverse you lose speed. I think they had better chances staying ahead full and try to turn around it. Maybe would have completely missed it. Also original 2nd Officer David Blair was replaced by Charles Lightoller at the last minute. Blair was in such a hurry to leave this ship when Charles became 2nd Officer, that he(Blair)left the ship without handing over the key to the lookouts binoculars locker. The Crows Nest guys didn't have their binoculars to see the berg in time. The Crows Nest is the thingy up on the tall mast pole that the Lookout guys hung out in.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

All because the Marconi wireless operator Jack Philips or Harold Bride one of them ignored the warning from the Californian that they were in ice and stopped for the night. He was busy working Cape Race n told the Californian "Shut up! Keep out! Keep out! I am working Cape Race! Stop jamming!" Titanic coulda been saved had the operator NOT said that and listened to Californian and plus they Philips or Bride never took the final warning to the bridge cuz they felt they sent enough to the bridge already.

Stupidity was sailing a ship that they knew had a fire that wasn't in control before they even left! The ship should never have sailed in the first place. That fire damaged and weakened the structure which made the safety features of the hull useless. Hitting the iceberg would have caused damage but the ship would have not sunk had the compartment structure not been damaged by the fire

• 2 weeks later...

You know how First Officer William McMaster Murdoch ended up not letting himself he bought and threw the dirty pay off lifeboat seat offer money back at Cal Hockley. Did you see the fan made YouTube video Titanic Cal's Revenge? Clips of him and Murdoch shooting made to look like at each other. When Cal stole Love Joy's gun to shoot Jack and Rose. A fan took that and spliced/sliced it together with Murdoch shooting passengers and put together at exactly the right time, looks like a fight between Murdoch and Cal, and when he falls over the side after killing himself, looks like Cal shot him.

2nd Officer Charles Herbert Lightoller:"I don't think I've ever seen such a flat calm." Captain Edward John Smith:"Like a mill pond. Not a breath of wind." 2nd Officer Charles Herbert Lightoller:"It will make the bergs hard to see. With no breaking water at the base." Captain Edward John Smith:"Hmmm. Well, I'm off. Maintain speed and heading Mr. Lightoller." Lightoller:"Yessir."

Lightoller should've ordered a slow down after Smith left to bed.

Ship n lives would've been saved.

Yeah if he didn't maintain speed and heading it's disobedient. But Lightoller knew what might and could happen sailing fast in those conditions.

I heard irl(in real life) Lightoller was dubious to sail in those conditions at that speed at night.

It shows in that night time tea scene.

In that night time tea scene, you can tell Lightoller tried to persuade him to slow down.

I'd have been disobedient. At least it'd have saved the ship n all on it.

Tommy Ryan:"Will you give us a chance to live, ya limey bastards!" 1st Officer William McMaster Murdoch:"I'll shoots any man who that tries to get past me! Get back!" Tommy Ryan:"Bastards!" 1st Officer William McMaster Murdoch:"Get back!" Cal Hockley:"We had a deal, dam you!" 1st Officer William McMaster Murdoch:"Get back!"

• 2 weeks later...

Life boat boarding scene

Molly Brown:"Come on Rose. You're next darling." Jack Dawson:"Get on the boat Rose." Cal Hockley:"Yes get on the boat Rose!" Rose Dewitt Bukater:(To Jack Dawson)"No! Not without you!" Cal Hockley:"Don't worry. I made an arrangement with an Officer on the other side of the ship. Jack and I can get off safely. Both of us." Jack Dawson:"See? Got my own boat to catch." Life boat gets lowered. Jack Dawson:(To Cal Hockley)"So there's no uh, there's no arrangement is there?" Cal Hockley:"No there is. Not that you would benefit much from it. You see, I always win Jack. One way or another."

• 1 month later...