HossC
Veteran
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Topic: What I'm Doing Right Now!
Everything posted by HossC
-
Uncle Jesse's episode reviews
And the fairground owner in Smokey and the Bandit II.
-
Uncle Jesse's episode reviews
Seeing as this was only four episodes into the Coy and Vance era, do you think that the original title was "Bo Meets Girl", and they had to change it at the last minute?
-
The Coffin works?
Yes it was, although the appearance had been modified by then. My original Hazzard Square post is here.
-
Question About Hobie
IMDb must've been updated since I wrote this, because it now says that Paul Smith died on March 3, 2006 aged 77.
-
Question About Hobie
Richard X. Slattery (the cop on the left) played Capt. Dewhurst in two season 8 episodes of T.A.G.S.: "A Visit to Barney Fife" and "Barney Hosts a Summit Meeting". He played quite a few police/military parts over the years.
- Favorite Dukes of Hazzard Quotes
-
The last 24 hours
I hope these aren't the same relatives who wouldn't lend you money for a house recently. You can't earn money if you're doing work for free!
-
In This Corner Luke Duke
The closed captions say "Welcome to the Duke Family Flying Circus", and, although they're sometimes wrong, to me it sounds like that's what Waylon's saying. It would make sense as "flying circus" would be a reference to the barnstorming airplane stunt shows which originally became popular in the 1920s. FWIW, the following lines are: Bo: "That sure is one heck of a mess [now], ain't it, Luke?" (the "now" isn't included in the closed captions) Luke: "Don't look at me, I wasn't driving."
-
Boy’s Best Friend Creepy Voice?
Bart Simpson has been voiced by Nancy Cartwright for over 30 years!
-
Boy’s Best Friend Creepy Voice?
The Gilligan's Island fandom site lists June Foray as Alice McNeil in 'Goodnight Sweet Skipper', but while IMDb agrees, it says that her part was uncredited.
-
Good News, Good News (for UK/Ireland Viewers)
According to IMDb, Tom Reilly was caught driving under the influence of a controlled substance midway through the final season. He apparently put up a fight and tried to play on being an actor in CHiPs. His role was reduced after that, and his later acting history is pretty sparse. Season 5 featured a few guest appearances of a new officer played by ex-Olympian Bruce Jenner. I wonder what happened to him ...
-
Good News, Good News (for UK/Ireland Viewers)
There's still no sign of Dukes seasons 4-7 appearing on Forces TV in the UK, but I did hear another familiar intro on a trailer earlier this evening. Starting with a double bill this Saturday at 6pm, Forces TV are showing CHiPs from the beginning. For the younger members here, Jon and Ponch were riding their CHP Kawasakis two years before Bo and Luke slid through the welded doors of the General Lee. The show ran for six full seasons and notched up nearly as many episodes as Dukes.
- Fanfiction stories
-
Favorite Dukes of Hazzard Vehicles
A little research tells me that the '80s Stingray was shown in the UK, but I don't remember it (and I watched a fair number of US TV shows back then). Maybe it was shown at an odd time. Dukes, the A-Team, Knight Rider etc. all made it to primetime, but other '80s shows like The Highwayman and Tour of Duty were shown at around 11pm and possibly midweek (IIRC). Here's the intro for the '60s Stingray show that I know:
-
Favorite Dukes of Hazzard Vehicles
I don't think I've ever seen that show, Roger (I'm not sure if it made it to the UK). The 1965 Stingray was at #75 in that list of 100 Greatest Movie and TV Cars. When I think of a TV show called Stingray, it's the 1960s submarine-based puppet series that comes to mind. It was created by Gerry Anderson, who also gave us Thunderbirds and Space 1999.
- Favorite Dukes of Hazzard Vehicles
- Favorite Dukes of Hazzard Vehicles
- Favorite Dukes of Hazzard Vehicles
-
Favorite Dukes of Hazzard Vehicles
I can't remember the last time I saw one on the road, and none of the car shows are taking place this year. I'd say you're more likely to see an E-Type over in the UK, but they're still rare enough. By coincidence, as I write this I'm watching TV show about restoring a Corvette Stingray (a C3) in the UK. The guy it belongs to is a member of a local Corvette owners club, so there must be a few Corvettes around. Back around 1980 there was an early-70s C3 parked outside some apartments about half a mile from where I lived. It was quite an exotic sight back then, and probably the first I'd seen in real life. US cars are still rare over here. I used to see a tatty black 60s Mustang coupe and a bright yellow Dodge Rumble Bee locally, but I've not seen either for a while. I do occasionally see one of the newer Mustangs as they're finally being sold here with the steering wheel on the correct side. Speaking of rare cars, I saw a McLaren going through town yesterday, although I wasn't close enough to see which model it was.
- Favorite Dukes of Hazzard Vehicles
-
Uncle Jesse's episode reviews
Jay Baker, who played Jeb Morton in this episode, auditioned to be be one of the replacement Duke Boys.
-
NASCAR news
It also shows how the barriers have improved. A few years ago, Spencer Pigot would've hit the unprotected end of a concrete wall!
-
NASCAR news
I got to see most of the Indy 500, and it was definitely mixed results for the ex-F1 drivers. Marcus Ericsson and Alexander Rossi both crashed out on laps 25 and 144 respectively. Despite all the hype, Fernando Alonso started 26th and finished 21st. It didn't sound like he was happy with his car. Max Chilton briefly ran in 2nd place as they cycled through the pit stops, but eventually ended up in 17th. Finally, Takuma Sato, former Jordan/BAR/Super Aguri driver, won his second Indy 500, running the last few laps under a caution to beat Scott Dixon. Apparently, Alonso won't be able to compete in the next two Indy 500s, and the commentators were wondering if he'd be too old to return after that. He's currently 39, and Sato just won at 43, so I don't see a problem. BTW. Max Chilton isn't the only racer in the family. Earlier in the day, his older brother, Tom, was competing in the British Touring Car Championship.
-
Uncle Jesse's episode reviews
I can't believe you're at the end of season 4 already, Roger - keep up the good work! I stand corrected. How could I have missed that
-
Valencia Oaks Movie Ranch
Like the Boar's Nest, the Duke Farm got moved from the Golden Oak Ranch to Lake Sherwood to Valencia Oaks. I think that the last screen appearance I've found so far is a 1988 episode of Murder She Wrote (see earlier in this thread). It's certainly not there any more.