Everything posted by Meadowmufn
-
Say NO to one liners on the ROUND ROBIN FORUM!
If what we want are quality stories, why don't we just do away with the RR/Roleplay section altogether, since that seems to be where the problem really is. RRs aren't always conducive to "quality". I've seen even ones that started off good go bad.
-
Say NO to one liners on the ROUND ROBIN FORUM!
We say we accept all levels of writing. We either do or we don't. If we don't, do we set minimum standards? Do we exclude people from the RRs? Do we say you must improve your writing to stay and then police them to see if they've improved? This is a much more complex issue than just "deleting crap".
-
Say NO to one liners on the ROUND ROBIN FORUM!
Brian, cousin, it says right here on the application for moderator "Must be able to put up with a lot of crap." It goes with the territory. Our job is to do what's right for the most members. Sometimes that means pissing people off, sometimes that means coming up with a happy compromise. I think this is an area where we have to tread lightly instead of going blazing around in a monster truck demolition derby.
-
Say NO to one liners on the ROUND ROBIN FORUM!
Ooooh, I think I'm gonna go login to FanFiction.net and modify my stories to have one or two lines per chapter and thus claim the title of story with the most chapters ever!
-
Arrest Roger Duke!
Didn't ya hear? The Sheriff's Department just got a brand spankin' new Commodore 64 computer with a 300 baud modem. Rosco done hooked it up to this new fangled thing called the "internet" and he's got the phone line tied up for now. Sorry...
-
Say NO to one liners on the ROUND ROBIN FORUM!
I think in true Boss Hogg style, we should have a cradle to grave plan for fanfics. Therefore, I think we should have a Hogg's Heavenly Acres sub-forum to properly bury neglected and low quality RRs. Some of these stories have been going on for years and although they might be a lot of low quality fics, someone cared enough about them to continue them for so long. I don't want to delete all their work. I do, however, want to only showcase the higher quality fics in the main RR forums, so the best way to do that is move the low quality fics to their own sub-forum.
-
Stories?
Unless you're a Seinfeld fan...
-
Stories?
Ok, time for my 2 cents. As moderators of these forums, we don't like to have to step in. We like for our members to be able to post freely, as long as it isn't harassing, disruptive, or offensive. We have all levels of writing ability here. We already had this discussion a while back and we did some remodelin' to move threads to more appropriate sub-forums. We asked you all to rate various fanfic threads to give us an indication of what you thought the quality was so we could move the lower quality ones out of the main FanFic forum. That doesn't mean you should just give good ratings to the high quality stories. You should also give bad ratings to the poor quality ratings. If the quality of the story bothers you so much, either 1) don't read it or 2) if there's a discussion thread about it, offer CONSTRUCTIVE criticism. And by constructive, I don't mean "Your writing sucks. Work on it." Give specifics and details. "I really don't think the part where Daisy reacts this way works. Here's how she reacts in similar situations in the show..." or "you should spend a little more time describing the scene or developing the character", etc. Perhaps in addition to the Fan of the Month, we should highlight a quality fanfic (either finished or in progress) to bring members' attentions to. Nominations will be based on thread ratings. So get out there and rate those fanfics! Oh, and Cowboy, nobody puts a halt to anything around here except for me, MaryAnne, or Brian. Got it?
-
Happy new year!!
Happy New Year!
-
Congratulations Garrett Duke!!
Bahahaha!! Can I join the club? Congrats, Garrett!
-
Congratulations DaisyMaeDuke
Awww. Well, I hope it was fun while it lasted.
-
Hi there
Post approved! http://www.hazzardnet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7654 We always moderate the first few posts of new folks to keep out the riff raff.
-
A Birthday Saal-ute to Meadowmufn!
How could I have missed this post? LOL. I celebrated the 15th anniversary of my 21st birthday, Rog. LOL. And yeah, I was born on December 25th, kinda cool. Mom says I was the best Christmas present ever. Thanks for the awesome cake, cousin!
-
Dukes Christmas Party
I'll try to swing by. What date and time did we settle on? Dec. 23rd at 3pm Eastern? I don't have anything planned for this year... yet. If any of you have ideas, I'm game.
-
Happy Thanksgiving!
Zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz... too much turkey...
-
Happy Thanksgiving!
I hope you all enjoy Turkey Day! I'm thankful for all my wonderful friends and family and all their support this year!
-
Black Friday/Cyber Monday Shopping
Are any of you going to be shopping online for Black Friday/Cyber Monday? If so, send me a private message and I'll send you a link to some sites I'm working on, posting deals and coupons for those days and the holidays.
-
[2009] Official Halloween Contest Thread
Ok, here are the costume contest results. First Place: TomBo's Duke Family Second Place: BoJames' Daisy Duke Third Place: DaisyMae's Bumblebee Dog There were no pumpkin contestants other than Daney, so she wins by default. Thanks to all who entered. If the winners will please contact me with the email addresses they would like Amazon gift codes sent to, I will send you your prizes. Thanks. (And I'll remember to send yours from Amazon UK this time, BoJames. )
-
Halloween Contest Voting
Vote for your favorite costumes. You can view entrants here: http://www.hazzardnet.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7603
- [2009] Official Halloween Contest Thread
- [2009] Official Halloween Contest Thread
- [2009] Official Halloween Contest Thread
-
Favorite Rosco quotes
Jimmie ad libbed all the time. It got to the point that the writers would just put a place holder in the script for Jimmie to do his thing. If it was great, they took credit. If it fell flat, they'd complain about him adlibbing again. LOL.
- Real Life Spooky Stories
-
[2009] Official Halloween Contest Thread
This is the official thread to post your Halloween costume and pumpkin carving entries for our contests. When all entries are received, we will be creating a voting thread for HazzardNet members to vote on their favorites. Official winners, however, will be chosen by Brian, MaryAnne, and Meadowmufn. If you need costume ideas, please visit our sponsors below. Halloweenmart BuyCostumes.com Extreme Halloween Network Low priced costumes at Shindigz.com Costume Craze