Everything posted by Meadowmufn
-
hazzardnet someone has this old advertising dukes??
Warner Bros. stopped using that logo and went back to the shield logo in 1984. So, that ad is probably from 1984 or prior. That narrows it down a little. My guess is that it was to celebrate the return of Tom and John in Season 5 in Feb of 1983. The sign looks pretty weathered, so at the time this picture was taken, it had probably been up for a year or so.
-
hazzardnet someone has this old advertising dukes??
CBS in LA is channel 2, so that would make sense.
-
Word Association
primadonna
-
Hazzard Square
Those pics convince me Hoss has it right. If you look on Google Maps, there are like 40 bazillion junkyards, scrap metal recycling, and car wrecking yards around there.
-
Hazzard Square
Nope, I think Hoss was right. The power station in Manhattan only has 2 stacks. I think in my mind I was combining the Redondo Beach power plant (4 stacks, but not red and white.. some of which have been removed since I left CA) with the Manhattan one (2 red and white stacks). And yes, I love this thread too!
-
Hazzard Square
Those stacks are very familiar to me. I believe they're around Manhattan Beach. They might not exist anymore, but I'll check Google Maps.
-
Rosco P. Coltrane... the song!
Update: I ended up purchasing it at iTunes. And just wanted to let y'all know that the artist himself has signed up here at HazzardNet.
-
ebay Dukes of Hazzard, rare stuff
Wow, $200. Yeah, shoulda treated that gee-tar a little better, MaryAnne. LOL. I found this rare Dukes of Hazzard paint by numbers set at a more reasonable price. The current bid is $6. I've never seen one of those before.
-
A Hazard Down Under
I never said they were behaving themselves. Khee!
-
A Hazard Down Under
Another Aussie! I work with a great bunch of Aussies every day. Welcome aboard and enjoy your stay at HazzardNet!
- General Lee Paper Model
-
General Lee Paper Model
Well, I'll be... First, we have a General Lee in plush. And now a paper General Lee model. Just when you think you've seen everything... Anybody else have some innovative General Lee models? LOL. Perhaps I should clean out the clothes dryer and try one in lint... Khee! A General Lee in lint... A General Lint! LOL.
-
Hazzard Square
I'm pretty sure that's Six Flags Magic Mountain. If I recall correctly, they ran some of the fight/chase through the Jet Stream ride and that big coaster is most definitely is Colossus. On an aside, Castaic Lake (used to go fishing there) is not too far from there and in one episode, I could've sworn I saw Rosco drive past a big sign that said "Castaic" on it. LOL. I think it was a 2nd season episode, but I don't recall.
-
HCM= Hazzard County Mafia
Contrary to popular belief, an admin's opinion holds no more weight than anybody else's. I think we've done a darn good job of allowing people to express their opinions freely and openly here, even if we don't agree with them. Would you prefer a place where we just deleted everything and banned every member we didn't agree with? I sure wouldn't. It would be a pretty lonely place, wouldn't it? Just ask the many people here who have gotten second chances after breaking rules, harrassing, or what have you. I think we do a pretty fair job of providing an open forum and being as inclusive as possible. Frankly, the reason Brian and MaryAnne are admins along with me is because, like me, they can allow disagreement and still get along with folks. We only take drastic measures when things turn ugly and I think this debate has stayed pretty on topic and respectful for the most part.
-
HCM= Hazzard County Mafia
Che mangino spaghetti!
-
HCM= Hazzard County Mafia
My whole point about picking an unfortunate name like that is it makes you waste your breath trying to defend a poor name and explain that the group is good. If you had a good name, you wouldn't have to defend it and "waste your breath", would you? The name would reflect the good the group does.
-
HCM= Hazzard County Mafia
It doesn't matter what the group does or doesn't do. You could all be saints and walk on water and we'd STILL argue you need a more appropriate name that reflects the good that you do. There will be a large group of people who don't know you who will get the wrong impression from the name alone. You know what they say about first impressions. And if you make the wrong one, you spend an inordinate amount of time battling against that wrong impression instead of doing better things. I think the fact that you're here defending the group illustrates my point. We're not the only ones who have publicly stated the name is unfortunate and inappropriate. The discussion didn't start here and I think you know that. Obviously, Daney was concerned enough to start the discussion here as well. For every vocal person who states their concerns, you can bet there are plenty more who feel the same way that don't state their opinion publicly. Whether you choose to believe it or not, our concerns are not just for the good of the fandom, but for the good of the group. The group shouldn't have to keep on explaining themselves and the good that they do. With a more appropriate name, they wouldn't have to.
-
NASCAR news
In some parts of the country, an infraction like that would include jail time and suspension of your license. All things considered, he probably got off pretty easy.
-
HCM= Hazzard County Mafia
Couldn't have said it better, cousin.
-
HCM= Hazzard County Mafia
Well, you might have a different definition of "violent", but when coupled with "hostile", I don't think it fits the definition you gave above. I have been neither violent nor hostile. I never blamed DaisyMae for the name nor tried to hurt her feelings. I've stuck specifically to my objections to the name and haven't attacked anyone associated with it, as I don't know them. You know, this thing wouldn't have blown up the way it did if you hadn't called my first comment "hostility"... It was simply my observation and I was going to leave it at that, until you ascribed something more to it than was there. You put me in the position of explaining my objections because you thought I was "hostile" when I was not. I had perfectly good reasons for my opinion and I stated them. You escalated all this by continuing to ascribe not only hostility, but *gasp* violence, to my objections. I can be a very patient and diplomatic person, but I cannot abide having statements made about me that aren't true... especially on my own website. The show may have started off a little risque, but it certainly toned it down after the first seasons and became more family friendly. We certainly aren't prudes, but we ARE protective of the show being associated with anything that might be considered negative. THUS, our objections to the use of the word "mafia". We have enough to do in fighting against most peoples' low opinions of "hicks and rednecks". Giving those who would criticize the show more "ammo" by using the word "mafia" in a fan group name just isn't smart. That's my opinion... and the opinion of HazzardNet, cuz I own it. LOL.
-
HCM= Hazzard County Mafia
Comic relief and an example of how NOT to act when you're on HazzardNet.
-
HCM= Hazzard County Mafia
She's just lucky she's got mad webpage skillz, otherwise she'd be out on the street.
-
HCM= Hazzard County Mafia
It takes a LOT of diplomacy, I tell ya, because I've had to deal with some truly hostile and violent people and troublemakers of all stripes, many of which, thankfully aren't here anymore. (Though, some of 'em still are. LOL.) I freely admit I'm "nuts"... in a good way. That doesn't mean my opinions are nuts though. Khee!
-
HCM= Hazzard County Mafia
If I were being hostile and violent, I'm pretty sure I would've used some four letter words or slung some personal insults. I haven't. I've just posted my views that this name choice is inappropriate and unfortunate and backed it up with some examples of why. Unless, of course, since in your world mafia = good, hostile and violent may really mean thoughtful and insightful.
-
Hazzard Square
For some reason, that "City General Hospital" reminds me of the hospital in the Greatest American Hero episode "The Handpainted Thai". Not sure they're the same location though.