The last 24 hours

RogerDuke

22 hours ago, HossC said:

Today is March 17th, and I live in Ireland, so it won't surprise y'all to know that I went to the St. Patrick's Day parade this afternoon. It probably also won't surprise anyone that it rained on and off for a lot of the day. It obviously wasn't on the scale of places like Dublin, but the kids in the parade seemed to be having a good time despite the weather. After that, we saw a genuine old-fashioned flea circus! Hopefully the weather will be better tomorrow so that I can go on the Ferris wheel and antique carousel.

I bet you are the biggest redneck in Ireland! (If you are not, just lie and say you are.... or you will ruin the image I have of you) 

On 3/18/2023 at 6:24 PM, Hobie Hartkins said:

That's good one! LOL! When I wanted to be more cultured, I started studying The Beverly Hillbillies!  :) 

You can't fool me Hobie. There are 3 reasons you watch Beverly Hillbillies. 1) Ellie May lays out beside the cement pond in her one piece bathing suit 2) You think Miss Hathaway a hottie 3) You hope Granny will slip up and reveal her recipe to her rheumatiz medicine. 

On 3/19/2023 at 8:45 PM, RogerDuke said:

You can't fool me Hobie. There are 3 reasons you watch Beverly Hillbillies. 1) Ellie May lays out beside the cement pond in her one piece bathing suit 2) You think Miss Hathaway a hottie 3) You hope Granny will slip up and reveal her recipe to her rheumatiz medicine. 

Fellow Hazzardites.......!! I have been NAILED!! :) 

15 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

So Hobie, prioritize those 3. What's the number one reason you watch BH? 

Hathaway the Hottie and Granny! :) 

I saw one the other night, where Jed wished Mr. Drysdale a Happy Groundhog Day and Ms. Hathaway said...." But Chief....Ground Hog's Day is in February!" Drysdale said, " Ms. Hathaway, when a man like Jed Clampett has $ 85 million dollars in your bank and he says it's Ground Hog's Day......IT'S GROUND HOG'S DAY!!  LOL! :) 

5 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

Hathaway the Hottie and Granny! :) 

I saw one the other night, where Jed wished Mr. Drysdale a Happy Groundhog Day and Ms. Hathaway said...." But Chief....Ground Hog's Day is in February!" Drysdale said, " Ms. Hathaway, when a man like Jed Clampett has $ 85 million dollars in your bank and he says it's Ground Hog's Day......IT'S GROUND HOG'S DAY!!  LOL! :) 

When I was a kid we were so poor that when my dad came home and opened the door and said "Happy Groundhog Day" that meant he had either shot one or trapped one and we were fixin' to eat good. (actually, we call them woodchucks) 

21 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

a man like Jed Clampett has $ 85 million dollars 

The show started in 1962 and went 9 seasons. I wonder if they were consistent with that 85 million number. I also wonder what 85 million in 1962 dollars would be today. He wasn't the equivalent of a billionaire but it was pretty impressive. 

I wonder if the change of numbers was just something they weren't paying attention to or was intentional. If he started out with 35 and went to 85 that would make sense. If he went from 85 to 35 then something bad was going on...since there were no major  financial crises in that era. Maybe Miss Jane was embezzling. 

:previous:

I found an article at screenrant.com that says the Clampetts started out with $25m in 1962, but by the time the show ended, that figure had reached $100m.

3 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

If he went from 85 to 35 then something bad was going on...since there were no major financial crises in that era.

They always say that the easiest way to make a small fortune is to start with a large one! ;)

On 3/25/2023 at 3:28 PM, HossC said:

:previous:

I found an article at screenrant.com that says the Clampetts started out with $25m in 1962, but by the time the show ended, that figure had reached $100m.

They always say that the easiest way to make a small fortune is to start with a large one! ;)

One of the richest men in the world was asked "How much money does it take to make a man happy?" He replied "One more dollar". (I think it was Carnegie or Mellon )

• 4 weeks later...

After a lousy Saturday morning with my dad and uncle a friend took me out to test drive fun cars to cheer me up. Test drove a V6 Camaro that left me smiling the rest of the day. I don't think it was factory stock V6 as it sure didn't move like a V6. The exhaust was modified as it had a nice low thrumble. Great price too, such a great price everyone is telling me to go for it even though I'm trying to be practical in my next vehicle purchase lol. 

2 hours ago, Spike said:

After a lousy Saturday morning with my dad and uncle a friend took me out to test drive fun cars to cheer me up. Test drove a V6 Camaro that left me smiling the rest of the day. I don't think it was factory stock V6 as it sure didn't move like a V6. The exhaust was modified as it had a nice low thrumble. Great price too, such a great price everyone is telling me to go for it even though I'm trying to be practical in my next vehicle purchase lol. 

Looks like we know what Spike is going to be driving in the Moonshine400. What color is it? (it will look red to Hobie) 

The one I test drove was dark blue with white stripes. Was fully loaded but I didn't like the moonroof, that alone took an extra 1.5-2 inches of headroom in an already tight space. There's one I've been eyeing for a few months that still hasn't been sold that's silver with black stripes, I'm thinking the dealer might be interested in making a deal since they've been stuck with it for so long. After we got the Regal I wasn't really looking but our mechanic said my little red Saturn might be destined for the junkyard or I could throw more money at it replacing the front suspension. I'll have a talk with our banker this week and see what they say. 

On 4/30/2023 at 4:32 PM, Spike said:

The one I test drove was dark blue with white stripes. Was fully loaded but I didn't like the moonroof, that alone took an extra 1.5-2 inches of headroom in an already tight space. There's one I've been eyeing for a few months that still hasn't been sold that's silver with black stripes, I'm thinking the dealer might be interested in making a deal since they've been stuck with it for so long. After we got the Regal I wasn't really looking but our mechanic said my little red Saturn might be destined for the junkyard or I could throw more money at it replacing the front suspension. I'll have a talk with our banker this week and see what they say. 

My old car is getting ready to blow the transmission and we probably won't replace it since it has a quarter million miles on it. I have a street legal dirt bike now and my wife's car is a 2021 and she's retiring in the fall so I think we can get along without another vehicle.