A-Z Game

Jack WHITMAN

Director of 5 episodes

20 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

Mr. Turwilliger!  ( not sure how to spell it!) ....one of the citizens that never developed in the series. ( I think Roger started a list of them a while back)

It's Mr. Terwilliger. There was also a Betty Sue Terwilliger in 'Return of the Ridge Raiders'.

4 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Luke is a VIETNAM VETERAN 

Does it ever explicitly say that in the show? In 'The Great Hazzard Hijack', they say that Phil Ackley is "the one that saved Luke's life during the war", but I don't think Vietnam is ever mentioned.

Does it ever explicitly say that in the show? In 'The Great Hazzard Hijack', they say that Phil Ackley is "the one that saved Luke's life during the war", but I don't think Vietnam is ever mentioned.

We know approximately how old Bo and Luke are....supposed to be,  mid 20's, I mean come on! They're out of high school, not old enough to be grandparents but still old enough work, be on their own etc. and still young enough to jump across cars, fight in bars  etc., so The Korean war was in the '50's...they'd  need to be late teens early 20's to be in the Korean  war, so they'd be born in the 30's to be in Korea. They would've been in their 40's  during TDOH times and so the only other war Luke COULD have been in was Vietnam!

I'm fixing to give Y'ALL some elements to make up a pretty good Dukes YARN.

Waylon's intro to "The Ransom of Hazzard County".

On 6/16/2023 at 3:13 AM, Hobie Hartkins said:

We know approximately how old Bo and Luke are....supposed to be,  mid 20's, I mean come on! They're out of high school, not old enough to be grandparents but still old enough work, be on their own etc. and still young enough to jump across cars, fight in bars  etc., so The Korean war was in the '50's...they'd  need to be late teens early 20's to be in the Korean  war, so they'd be born in the 30's to be in Korea. They would've been in their 40's  during TDOH times and so the only other war Luke COULD have been in was Vietnam!

3 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

(you are right Hobie. It had to have been Vietnam. It officially ended in 1975 but America had been out of it before that) 

Vietnam is the logical conclusion, but I was asking whether it was explicitly mentioned in any episode. I don't remember the word "Vietnam" appearing in the show.

Rufus Z Coltrane 

(I'm absolutely positive the word Vietnam was never mentioned. I don't think any war was specifically. When Boss was dedicating a memorial in "Follow That Still" he and Luke weren't specific. And as we mentioned, the V-word wasn't mentioned in "The Great Hazzard Hijack". The only other one I can think of is "One Armed Bandits" where Boss said he was in 2 wars (contradicted in Follow That Still). Those wars would have been WW2 and Korea. I'm surprised the writers never made Jesse a WW2 vet.)