Everything posted by HossC
-
One Word Song Titles
A song from 1985 with a video featuring Donald Sutherland. A sample from this was used in the 1992 song by Utah Saints.
-
Musical Chairs
I'm Shipping Up To Boston - Dropkick Murphys (Some Irish-American punk from Massachusetts - click the link and play loud )
-
Word Association
medicine (laughter is the best ...)
-
Musical Chairs
(Another Irish band )
-
One Word Song Titles
A haunting track from the late '70s. Sally is the sister of Mike Oldfield, who is probably best known for his 1973 album Tubular Bells.
-
Musical Chairs
I'm Only Sleeping - The Beatles
-
Word Association
Bill Engvall (sorry - pinched that one from waikiki )
-
Musical Chairs
I'm Gonna Hire a Wino to Decorate Our Home - David Frizzell (Only a country song could have a title like that )
-
One Word Song Titles
Zoolook - Jean-Michel Jarre From his experimental 4th studio album of 1984. The album uses samples of singing and speech from 25 languages - more info here.
- Word Association
-
Rosco P. Coltrane... the song!
Sorry, I tried earlier. It's not on YouTube, or his MySpace (there's 6 other songs here in full), or any of the usual places I look. There's another similar sample available here. I did like his record company name - Deaf Jim - I'm assuming a parody of rap/hip-hop label DefJam. I'll keep looking and post a link if I do find anything.
- The Official Dukes of Hazzard Trivia Thread
-
One Word Song Titles
Hyperactive! - Thomas Dolby
-
One Word Song Titles
The county fair in the video looks fun. They've got cars, girls, plaid shirts and loads of mud .
-
Musical Chairs
Far From Home - The Levellers
-
Daisy's Jeep
This one seems to have taken ages. It's my own fault for starting 2 projects at once . It proved very hard getting good reference photos for this one because hardly any Jeep owners seem to keep their vehicles standard. I've tried to make it a stock CJ-7. Dixie kept changing, and trim such as wipers and mirrors disappear and reappear between shots. I've gone for a manual transmission version. I based the 'DIXIE' hood graphics on the Jeep at Cooter's because the photos I found online were much higher resolution than any screengrabs I could get - they are slightly different from the series (I think the Jeep at Cooter's is a CJ-5, not a CJ-7 - any Jeep experts can correct me if I'm wrong). The Jeep emblems have been left in place as that's how they appeared in earlier shows.
-
Word Association
Country Roads (John Denver)
-
New Social Toolbar
I was wondering what the moderator online messages at the bottom of the screen were all about. Today it tells me you've all "Gone fishin'" . Thanks also for the Social Toolbar. It will act as a constant reminder that I should get a life .
-
One Word Song Titles
For those of you unfamiliar with Max Headroom, he was touted as a sophisticated, computer-generated character. In reality it was actor Matt Frewer in heavy make-up with some clever visual effects. Let's face it; computer graphics in the mid '80s just weren't up to the job. Now that would make an interesting trio .
-
Musical Chairs
- The Official Dukes of Hazzard Trivia Thread
- Word Association
burn (from season 1)- The Official Dukes of Hazzard Trivia Thread
- Musical Chairs
Take The L Train (To 8th Avenue) - Brooklyn Funk Essentials- One Word Song Titles
A song that manages to be equally beautiful and sad. If you don't know the story behind the song, read the description under the video on the YouTube link.
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.