Everything posted by HossC
-
One Word Song Titles
I also have a variation by the B-52's which shares a few of the lyrics. I could only find a live version on YouTube.
-
One Word Song Titles
Waterloo - ABBA The song that won the 1974 Eurovision Song Contest. This video is of that performance.
- Word Association
- Word Association
-
R.I.P. Dale The Bold
Sadly, like TheGeneral01, I joined too late to get to know Dale. I spent some time today reading through the posts about his fight with cancer over on cglfc.com: http://www.cglfc.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=22052 My thoughts are with his family and friends.
- The Official Dukes of Hazzard Trivia Thread
- Word Association
-
The Ghost of General Lee
Well Roger, according to both Wikipedia and IMDb, she 'began to be called "J.P." in 1947 when she was class treasurer of her high school (a reference to financier John Pierpont Morgan)'. Neither mentions any relationship between them.
-
Daisy's Jeep
A pair of Jeep CJ-7 doors in good condition will cost you between $400 and $600 on eBay at the moment, but I assume they're much rarer now .
-
Daisy's Jeep
Thanks BoJames, and thanks for posing a question I couldn't answer. Here's the line you mention from 'Carnival of Thrills': The doors are obviously gone, and the Jeep logo has been taped over. Dixie definitely has doors when Daisy receives her in 'The Runaway': I think this is the only episode that 'golden eagle' appears on the hood. By 'Treasure of Hazzard County' the 'Dixie' name appears on the hood and doors (couldn't get a clear screengrab, but you can see if you watch it). I don't think Dixie appears in 'Follow That Still', 'Officer Daisy Duke', or 'Return of The Ridge Raiders', but I only skipped through them today, so I may be wrong. Daisy's Roadrunner reappears in 'Find Loretta Lynn', and Cooter's Roadrunner is used by Daisy in 'Jude Emery'. However, Dixie is used in the chase at the end of 'Mason Dixon's Girls', and this is the first episode that I spotted the doors missing: Maybe Daisy just borrowed Luke's bail money against Dixie's value in 'Carnival of Thrills'.
-
My ride
Rosco's 'illegal snazzy car':
- The Official Dukes of Hazzard Trivia Thread
- Word Association
-
One Word Song Titles
Following Garrett's lead of one word repeated: I also like Cake's version.
-
One Word Song Titles
- Word Association
- One Word Song Titles
- Musical Chairs
She's Always A Woman - Billy Joel (live version)- Word Association
House Party Mufn was thinking outside the box - I had to Google it . http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Art_Linkletter- Musical Chairs
- One Word Song Titles
- Musical Chairs
Colour My World - Petula Clark (I seem to be stuck in the mid-sixties tonight )- Word Association
- One Word Song Titles
Fat - Weird Al Filmed on the same set as the 'Bad' video.- Musical Chairs
(The English, the English, the English are best. Hopefully y'all will recognise this as the bit of tongue-in-cheek fun it is, and not assume it's so kind of racist rant like some of the YouTube commentors . This was recorded on Broadway in 1967.)
Important Information
By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.