Everything posted by HossC
-
Kid With Whiney Voice ( A Boy's Best Friend?)
I may have posted info before, but I don't remember doing so. The orphan boy in "A Boy's Best Friend" is Terry Lee, played by Danny Cooksey. His 1983 appearance in Dukes was his first acting role (he was born in 1975). Through the '80s, Danny was pretty busy, popping up in episodes of quite a few TV shows, and starting to do voice work. His largest roles were playing Sam McKinney in "Diff'rent Strokes" and Kevin Cavanaugh in "The Cavanaughs". The 90s started with a part as John Connor's friend, Tim, in "Terminator 2: Judgment Day". Since then, nearly all of Danny's work has been as a voice artist, mostly in kids' shows that I've never heard of. BTW. That "little red haired kid with the whiney voice" is now 6'1". You can check out Danny's full TV/film career at IMBb.com.
-
I'm Back!!!
Good to hear from you again, K-Duke15.
-
A-Z Game
"We're checking on a large URANIUM deposit." - (from "Good Neighbors, Duke")
-
A-Z Game
"SHAME, SHAME, everybody knows your name."
-
A-Z Game
Stella PARTON
-
NASCAR news
Just finished watching the Singapore F1 Grand Prix. It's a street race, and the only night race of the season, and this year's event was spiced up by some rain and a crash at the first corner. They interviewed some guy named Jeff Gordon in the pitlane afterwards - he seemed to have enjoyed it .
-
A-Z Game
NERVOUS NORMAN Willis
-
A-Z Game
Miz Tisdale on the LAM
-
A-Z Game
JUMPING JEHOSHAPHAT! - (from "Road Pirates")
-
A-Z Game
"Hey, Rosco. What's the matter with Boss?" "Well, it's called 'GLUTTONOUS-NESS GREEDINESS.'" - (from "Cool Hands, Luke & Bo")
-
A-Z Game
"I love the way you ENGLISH talk ENGLISH." - (from "Duke of Duke")
-
One Word Song Titles
Let's go for something a little more recent. I'm not sure if y'all have rag 'n' bone men in America. If you ever check out "Steptoe & Son", the British show which was turned into "Sanford and Son", they were rag 'n' bone men. Human - Rag'n'Bone Man
-
One Word Song Titles
I'm afraid that it's back to the obituaries today, and not just one. First, country legend Don Williams has passed away after a short illness. He was 78. Most of his well-known songs have more than one word in their titles, but I'm keeping with the theme of the thread. Miracles - Don Williams RIP. Donald Ray Williams (May 27, 1939 – September 8, 2017) The second death is that of Troy Gentry, half of Mongomery Gentry. He was killed in a helicopter crash in New Jersey, along with the pilot, although the circumstances haven't yet been made public. He was 50. The song I've picked has several references to muscle cars. Speed - Montgomery Gentry RIP. Troy Gentry (April 5, 1967 – September 8, 2017)
-
A-Z Game
WALTON'S WILLOWS - (mentioned in "WITNESS: Jesse Duke")
-
A-Z Game
"You're getting awful UPPITY since you come into all this money." - (Jesse to Holly in "Southern Comfurts")
-
One Word Song Titles
That's a new one to me, Hobie, but that's why I like this thread. Your song title reminded me of this artist. Runaway - Del Shannon
-
Rare and Behind the Scenes Pictures of the Dukes of Hazzard
greenjeepwrangler is actually a member of HNet - I'm sure that similar pictures will appear on their eBay page.
-
A-Z Game
I was gonna keep that one for next time . "Before you go, there is a big, hairy cockroach in that holding cell and it gives me the QUEASIES." - (Rosco tricks Enos in "Enos Strate to the Top")
-
A-Z Game
"She drives like Richard Petty, shoots like Annie OAKLEY and knows the words to all of Dolly Parton's songs." - (Waylon describing Daisy in "One Armed Bandits")
-
A-Z Game
Ernie LEDBETTER - (from 'LUKE'S LOVE Story)
- A-Z Game
-
A-Z Game
There wasn't much more than a GALLON in that can. In a one-GALLON can? No kidding. I don't believe I said that. Exchange from "Limo One is Missing"
-
One Word Song Titles
I see that Toni Basil's in the news because she's seeking damages for unauthorized use of her 1982 hit. Although we've had Weird Al's cover many pages back, I don't think we've seen Ms. Basil's version. Mickey - Toni Basil Notice that I didn't say "the original version", because that was released three years earlier by British group Racey (I prefer Toni Basil's version). Kitty - Racey
-
A-Z Game
Big ED Little
-
A-Z Game
Good one, Andrew. BUTTERMILK - (Enos' favorite!)