Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Dukes of Hazzard Forums - HazzardNet.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HossC

Veteran
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HossC

  1. Hazzard had its fair share of QUIRKY characters.
  2. Floyd MALONE
  3. goal
  4. We've had another week of rain here, although not too bad where I live. I don't think I've ever been close to experiencing wind chills of -30F (that's about -34.5C). At least you've got the coolest day of the year to look forward to - cool!
  5. You started it, Hobie. It's here.
  6. Bobby JOE the robot.
  7. Mike GENOVESE played Nervous Norman Willis
  8. I've mentioned a few British shows that have been remade in the US, but here's a little video listing several more. There's even a cheeky Dukes reference halfway through.
  9. grapes
  10. I hope everyone's doing OK. Some of the sources I've just checked say the January storms have claimed over 100 lives in the US. Some people here got flooded out of their homes in the recent bad weather, but I didn't see any reports of deaths.
  11. EDDIE Lee Candy Dix' manager
  12. sweet
  13. Just to follow up, I regularly see examples of bad driving in Ireland. However, the pieces about the cost of getting your license and fuelling/insuring a car are higher here, so maybe people do value their permission to drive more highly than in the US. I've also looked at the Wikipedia List of countries by traffic-related death rate, and while the UK and Ireland have 2.6 and 3.0 deaths respectively per 100,000 inhabitants, the US has 14.2 (figures are from 2021 or 2022). For perspective, nine of the ten highest figures are from Africa and are all over 30.
  14. Here's a video of an ex-pat American who now lives in the Netherlands comparing driving there to driving in the USA.
  15. More yellow rain warnings in Ireland, but so far it hasn't been that bad where I live. Miserable weather, but no flooding.
  16. ASA Drew the sketch of Jason Steele in '10 Million Dollar Sheriff'.
  17. mouth
  18. Heart Back in the olden days when you had to type a series of letters and numbers into your Nokia phone to get a custom ringtone, mine was Popcorn. It was great for a few years, and then the Crazy Frog ringtone fad hit Europe and the second single released under that brand was, you've guessed it, Popcorn. I had to change it after that, although I still like some of the original versions.
  19. There were yellow wind and rain warnings in place here for most of the day, but where I live, we got away lightly. It was just a wet, miserable day with a few heavy showers. A couple of places in Co. Wexford got badly flooded when the river burst its banks.
  20. According to the Wikipedia page for Shérif, fais-moi peur (it's in French), the French theme was sung by Israeli singer Noam (Kaniel) with lyrics by Israeli producer Haim Saban. There's no mention of any backing singers.
  21. Yet another new thread started because you couldn't be bothered to use the search function. We already have more than one anniversary thread, including the one you started in 2022!
  22. Thanks for getting everything back. I had just assumed it was routine maintenance and I'd missed the warning.
  23. We've had a miserable few days of rain, but no freezing temperatures for over a week. I think the coldest where I live was about -5C which is 23F. If you had -5F, that's about -20.5C to the rest of the world.
  24. Señor VALDEZ Hughie's long distance contact in 'When You Wish Upon a Hogg'.
  25. HossC replied to Tom Duke's topic in Hobbies
    I'm sure that's worth more than $.02, Jim. I don't make videos, but I watch a variety on YouTube and it all seems like good advice. As well as watching videos about making videos, you could also check out the first videos posted by popular YouTubers to see how they started out. If your hobby ever starts to make a bit of money, it might be a good idea to invest it in better equipment including a faster computer for editing and rendering. Whatever you do, don't be tempted to use AI as a shortcut. I've listened to too many laughable AI commentaries and seen some ridiculous AI animations (smoke rising from the masts of an old sailing boat etc.). Viewers prefer it real.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.