Everything posted by General Grant
-
Horses as a Hobby
All five of our horses got out one day and ran through our neighbor's hay field, and down the road to visit the neighbor horses. Seems that someone broke the fence. I would not be surprised to find out that it was Boomer! I wasn't too mad at them because they are older and looked so good running like they were! If horses could grin, I would swear that is what both of mine were doing right before they took off! They even did that famous look back at the owner then take off! I just had to put on a big show for them. I led them home and was lecturing them the entire time. I hope your horses didn't do too much damage when they got out! Catch ya' later! General Grant
-
What do you drive?
Hey Y'all! We used to have a Lumina. I hated the thing. It would get stuck in a half inch of snow! It was a really weird purple color, and I just hated it! I really like the idea about the orange bike with the 01, GENERAL LEE, and confederate flag. Did you buy it that way or is that a custom paint job? Sounds cool! Off subject here, but hello Jamanda and Dixie_Nachelle01, I don't believe I have ever seen you around. Are you new in town? I am somewhat new here, so I apologize if I just didn't get around to seein' y'all, I have yet to do that! General Grant I love the idea of that bike!
-
What do you drive?
Hey Y'all! Here I go again, starskyknight... I would LOVE to drive a KITT car. I wish I had one, and a General Lee, of course! Anyway, I drive a '96 Chevy Blazer S-10 four door, red; a '06 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited, black with a chrome front; a '97 Ford Expedition Eddie Bauer Edition, burgandy; and My favorite... a '83 Ford Bronco XLT brown with tan Manual. I get teased because it isn't what you would call road worthy, so I can only drive it in the fields, everyone laughs at me for liking it, but I think that is just the coolest Truck! I'll catch y'all later! General Grant
-
Signature Cleanup!
Hello Meadowmufn! I am somewhat new here, so I don't know what a signature is considered, and I am not exactly sure what you are talking about. But, it sounds serious! So, I thought I better make sure so that I don't do something wrong and not know it, seeing as how that is what always happens to the Dukes, (and we are all Dukes at heart, right!) I thought I better find out so that I don't end up like Bo and Luke, in jail and not knowin' why! Anyway, not to skip subjects, but I also have another question... On the Member List, there is a column that says Reputation. What does that mean, and how are members designated to a different reputation? Did that make any sense? One last thing, I would like to thank you, Brian Coltrane, and MaryAnne (along with any other moderators I do not know about) for such a great site and all of the hard work that y'all put into this. I am sure a lot of the other fans feel the same, and we owe you a lot. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!! General Grant I hope that I am not swithcing subjects too much or anything, but I get confused sometimes! Khee, I'm Gone!
-
Horses as a Hobby
Hey LoriDavenport! I hear ya loud and clear! Same with me (minus the cussing part). Boomer, either on his back or on the ground, won't move an inch if you don't ask him politely. But, if he is feeling esspecially feisty, he won't move at all, not matter what. There could be a wolf ready to attack him and if he feels like he is being pushed, he won't budge. But, when I need him to stand still he is very willing to go, and there's not stopping him then! For such a little guy, he sure causes a lot of chaos! General Grant
-
Daisy Duke Wardrobe Malfunction in Season 6
Hey Y'all! I saw Laura Duke and Roger Duke in the same post and couldn't help but look at the post! Thank You both for letting your true Duke side show. Although I agree (quite strongly, I might add) with both Laura Duke and Roger Duke, I hope that I don't offend either TXZ045 or bwgath when I say that I am not sure what you are seeing when you watch the Dukes, but that is not the type of thing I walk away with when I watch an episode of the Dukes. Anyway, I thought that this was for fans of Catherine Bach, not to post such degrading things about her or her wardrobe. I am sure that if she read that she would feel quite hurt and upset that this is what some of the fans are focusing on. If you have to focus so hard on Cathy, please focus on her nice smile and great personality! Roger... spoken exactly like Uncle Jesse! I must agree with you both about the hat, it is a nice looking cap! General Grant
-
I Was Mia!!
Hey LoriDavenport! It looks like you must have taken that faulty to Cooter's and he fixed it up pretty well. Boss Hogg must have sold it to you. Khee! I love it! I love it! I think Boss Hogg sold us our Refridgerator, it was warranted for 30 days. On day 31 it broke, and the people refused to do it under warranty. We showed them, we used an older refridgerator, in another of our buildings, and then fixed the refriderator! I tell you, there's no winning! Anyway, haven't talked to you much, but it sure is nice to have our fellow cousin back! I'll catch y'all later! General Grant
-
Horses as a Hobby
Oh, it is nice to see that my mini isn't the only one. I thought maybe it was my fault. A lot of his training has been from our family. My farrier always jokes about Boomer because he has such a stubborn attitude if you do Anything he doesn't like. She (our farrier) I think like that, though. He is the type that just demand respect. In that way, I think he'd be a great beginner horse because he'll teach respect to you in his own, high attitude way. Talk to y'all soon! General Grant
-
Noob!
I am sorry Starskyknight! I don't have any TV vehicles, just a Bronco XLT and a S10 Blazer! I hope that some people start posting! Talk to you soon General Grant
-
Horses as a Hobby
Hey y'all! I know this is an older post, but it seemed interesting, so I am writing! I have two horses. A paint Quarter Horse named Frankie (except when he's being rude, then I call him Franklin!) and a miniature named Boomer. LoriDavenport, I notice that you said you have a miniature, so maybe you will know this: Is it just me, or are miniatures the type of horse that what they lack in size they make up in attitude? I don't know about your horse, but mine has such an attitude! Sometimes I wonder why he isn't the top horse. My horses live with three others, a morgan/saddlebred, an appaloosa, and a POA. Let me tell you... Boomer (my mini) certainly is not on the bottom of the pecking order! Anyway, I just ride pleasure western, no showing. But, I am trying to teach Boomer carting. Any Ideas, y'all? Talk to you soon! General Grant
-
how to feel
Thanks Roger! I also hope to hear from Jessi soon. Jessi: I hope that you are getting through this. I know it is hard, but I'm here if you need to talk. Looking back of the other posts, it looks like you've got all the dukes in your corner supporting you as you are going through this. I hope to hear from you soon. General Grant
-
how to feel
Hey JESSI DUKE First off, let me say how sincerely sorry I am about your whole situation. I know where you are coming from. I also have family issues, and I know what it is like to feel like your family dropped you. Just know that it will get better in time. You will, later on, see things in a whole new light and it will clear up, once you make peace with yourself. I am sorry that I can't help more, as much as I'd like to, but that is something you have to find on your own. As hard as it is, I hope you know that we (your Duke cousins) are here for you and will continue to be as long as you need. I don't know about the rest of the fans on here, but I must say I am honored that you would come to us and trust us that much to talk about it. You're one step closer to making peace with the situation. Don't ever give up hope and always know that us Dukes are pullin' for you. I know you mentioned that your mom left you when you were 16. I hope that you don't feel like it is your fault. I am sure that is a sticky situation, but I am sure she had a reason. Maybe she was scared that she couldn't provide for you as much as she would have liked to, couldn't get you as many things as the other kids. Anyhow, I hope you can get through this. God never gives us more than we can handle! I am sure you can handle this. Just know you can talk to us all anytime about this! I hope that this helped at least a little bit. General Grant
-
Coy and Vance
Hey y'all! I am not sure what day y'all have in mind. Wednesday's won't work for me, though. As for time, it don't matter, as long as it is not too late at night. Otherwise I'll get up late and the animals will let me know how mad they are 'cause I made 'em wait for their breakfast! Hey, that is a great thought Roger about what you're thankful for. Well, it's Thanksgiving, and I am thankful for y'all on the Hazzardnet, as well as my family to keep me in line, friends to help me through the hard times and to share the good times with, neighbors to help and to teach me the value of helping one another, and my animals to remind me how lucky I am- and to teach me the value of hard work! Catch y'all later! General Grant
-
Coy and Vance
Hey y'all! Thank you BrianColtrane! Without you, or the other moderators, we couldn't be here! Thanks! Well, Roger, I am no expert, but I'll give this a shot. Right under the HazzardNet pictures at the top of the screen, there is an orange bar that says User CP, FAQ, Members List, etc... Then, find the word chat, and click on it. (At least that is how I think it is done! I've never done it either!) Is this making any sense? Don't worry, I am the same way with computers. I have to think pretty hard to get something done on this thing! I hear ya! I also find milking to be pretty easy, but gettin' them cows to lay an egg is a whole other story! Khee! Talk to you soon, y'all! General Grant
-
Coy and Vance
Hey y'all! I can't believe that people wouldn't stick around! I can't imagine why. It is really fun here and I enjoy reading y'alls posts. Esspecially you, Laura and Roger. I agree with you, Laura that Roger is like the Uncle Jesse of the group. You really do keep us all in line. Uncle Jesse is a really great person! So, I really like him too! I hope to see y'all at the Boars Nest too. But I'll take an apple juice... In a frosted mug! Khee! I'll Catch y'all later! Khee! Khee! I love it! I'm Gone! General Grant Hey, an afterthought!! I've got a question for you Laura Duke and Roger... Would you like to set up a chat time sometime?
-
Should newer movie actors be at Dukesfest?
Thanks Laura Duke! Yeehaw! I for one can say that you have not upset or offended me. I don't think any of us Dukes would be offended by someone simply stating what they think. Thank you for your input, fellow Duke! General Grant:D
-
Coy and Vance
Hey y'all! Great point Rogerduke and Laura Duke, we really do owe a lot to the moderators of this site (hopefully they read this) any way, I know I am real thankful! Rogerduke, I'll take you up on that offer, but I'll take mine in a frosted mug! (I just did the Bo laugh!) Catch y'all later! General Grant
-
Say No To Wal-Mart For Christmas
Hey RogerDuke! I completely understand what you are saying. Christmas, for some reason, seems to be a season that just has a special feel to it, so I understand what you're sayin'. Although I must say that seeing Halloween costumes ( some were really creepy, I didn't like that) and Christmas decorations in the same aisle seemed really weird. It just didn't seem right. I know what you mean about hearing about Christmas in mid-November, I also enjoy hearing about Christmas, and Christmas music, but not right after they play the Monster Mash! I know what you mean, too, vinsmouse, Christmas in July. Pretty soon Christmas decorations will share an asile with the Fourth of July decorations! General Grant Oh, RogerDuke, I am sure you don't mind the criticizing, but I am sure you'd rather get a compliment!!!! Have a great day, y'all!
-
Say No To Wal-Mart For Christmas
Hey y'all! Great point deathangel_tori about the homemade gifts! I like that, a lot of times it isn't the big expensive gifts that really count, it is the home made gifts, where you pour your heart and soul into making it that really count. And, I also liked the comment DaisyMaeDuke made about they carol at nursing homes, adopt a family, etc... and about the plastic santas along side the Halloween costumes! That is the true Christmas spirit! That was just wierd this year to see on one side of the aisle Halloween decorations and costumes and on the other side of the same aisle... Christmas decorations. This was at Wal-Mart, and it wasn't even Halloween Yet! Catch y'all Later! General Grant
-
Lovin' Dukes
Hello again Rogerduke! What a great story! Me, give an Idea to someone else! That's funny, usually it is the other way around! Anyway, that was off subject, That was a great story and I enjoyed it. I also agree, the first time I saw the Dukes (I thought it was dumb, remember) I didn't know I would come to love it so much! General Grant
-
Dixie
Hey Starskyknight! Them sound like great plans! I hope you get your General Lee and Dixie soon! That would be so Cool, not to mention fun for you! I wish you the very best in that, and like I said, I really do hope that you will get them soon! General Grant
-
Coy and Vance
Thank you Rogerduke. You are right about us all bein' cousins. I must say it sure feels like you know everyone on here! Coy and Vance sure did a lot and didn't get much credit for any of it. General Grant What do ya know... I actually kept it short this time! Khee!
-
Should newer movie actors be at Dukesfest?
Not to go sticking my nose where it don't belong, but... I was somewhat surprised at the level of intensity. I think we are straying from the subject at hand and we, as Dukes, I think are starting to disregard the feelings and opinions of people who don't have the same exact opinion or thought. I think we should learn from eachother, and together (as a family) try to be patient, listen and learn from one another and not get all upset. Now I understand that this is, infact, a sticky subject, but shouldn't we let our Duke side show and approach it with confidence in ourselves and our fellow Duke fans. But at the same time, approach with an understanding that we are all here together and we just should NOT let the subject throw chaos into a wonderful place. That certainly is not what the Dukes would do. Laura, I understand completely what you are saying, I think that you may have given us a deeper understanding as to what the Dukes really are all about. I understand what everyone else is saying, but Laura Duke, you just proved what the Dukes are about. Sure, the movie is not the same, and never will compare to the original. They picked up on the wrong things and threw into the movie what they thought we all liked, but they were wrong. I think we can all learn something here from Laura Duke... we Dukes may not like the movie or the actors, but the Dukes would bend over backwards to help anyone, and to make them feel welcome, and they would do it lovingly, even if it were that movie! I hope you understand what I'm sayin' and I would like to thank you Laura Duke, you just showed me something I was lackin' when I wrote the previous post about this same subject. Thank you, I just learned a very valuable lesson! General Grant
-
Black/Brown Trans Am
I heard that somewhere too. Maybe the commentary on the first season? General Grant
-
Should newer movie actors be at Dukesfest?
I hope that y'all aren't rolling yer eyes and saying, "Oh, no, Not another LONG message from General Grant! That General Grant is always giving long winded opinions!" Sorry, y'all! Here goes: WOW! First off, let me say that you just wrote something we can all learn from, Laura Duke. "Remeber, these actors are following a script and a director. As I was reminded, this is the same thing Coy and Vance were doing." Amazing point. I never thought of that, and you are so right about that. But, I also believe that the Dukes of Hazzard was a whole lot more than what that appauling movie portrayed. Again, I say it... Shock and Horror filled me! I think that the cast of the movie should get invited to Dukesfest, but they should have to pay to get in like the rest of us! I must say, that I am really humbled by y'all saying Coy and Vance should be allowed and it has, once again, proven to me how welcoming you can be and I commend y'all for that! I think that the movie never should have been released. I'd be more than happy to end the Dukes movies, and not watch the movies, if that is how they are going to be. Dang it all, we like the heart and soul that went into the production of the Dukes series. We don't like the horrible immitation(and I am not refering to Coy and Vance, just for the record!) junk that the shoved onto the television, put a '69 Charger on the screen, yelled Yeehaw, and called it the Dukes. It just didn't have the heart and soul of the original cast and crew, nor did it have the valuable lessons that people now days need more than ever. It makes me wonder how many kegs of Jesse's shine they downed before they made the decision to produce that movie and to allow it come onto the big screen! But my answer to the question was I think they should get a warm Hazzard welcome, but make 'em pay to get in! Khee! Else, we could give the Boss Hogg finale and let them in for free, but charge them twice the going rate to let them out. Khee! I love it! Hot pursuit! Anyway, to borrow a line from Laura Duke, I hope that I didn't ruffle anyone's tail feathers! I'm Gone, General Grant