Everything posted by General Grant
-
hey
Hello Christine! Now don't let Laura or Roger fool you! We do more than throw bad jokes around! Khee! I think I do real good jokes. I must say, I am the normal one! Khee! I drink strictly Apple Juice at the Boar's Nest, though I have to press the apples myself 'cause they only sell buttermilk! Oh yes, Roger, I did see Laura Duke pourin' a little Eggnog in her buttermilk. I will attest to that! I hope that you two didn't scare Christine away. It seems she left the post for awhile. I am sure you two did a thorough job of scarrin' her out of here! I apologize Christine, if you are anywhere to be found! Khee! Khee! Khee! In the words of Boss Hogg in "Witness for the Persecution" (although it is not bed time yet!) "Good Night, Sleep Tight, Don't Let the Bed Bugs Bite!" General Grant
-
Dear Grandpa
Hey Julieduke! I am glad that you are feeling better. Ol' Rosco must have been improving his driving, but he can never steer clear of that pond! I'll have to go get Cooter to fish him out! I cannot say enough how much I enjoyed you letter! I really think it is a great letter. I was moved by it, esspecially so because I have the opposite situation. My grandfather is close (distance wise) but we are really far. I really wish it were different. I am not a sentimental person, but I will admit I got a little misty-eyed when I read that. Thank you for submitting such a great peice of work! I think we need more people like you that can write so well what other people must be thinkin' in their own lives! I am glad you are back and feelin' better! I am sure Rosco enjoys your return too! Afterall, who would he be able to chase?! General Grant
-
What do you drive?
Hey Y'all! I would think that a dirt bike would be so fun!!!! I am sure that you have fun on that ol' dirt road of yours! I'll catch y'all later! General Grant
-
The Wrecks
Hey y'all I know this might sound a little Cruel, but some of those crashes are downright funny! I really like when Rosco and poor Flash are in "Hot Pursuit!" and Rosco tells Flash to "Buckle up for Safety!" As fer havin' a Rosco moment. The other day I tripped over a little snow bank and while I was trippin', I caught my self doin' the Rosco "Khee! Oooo!" Luckily no one was around. I just started laughin. I guess you had to be there! I still chuckle when I think about that! General Grant
-
Opening Teaser
Thank You Denver C!!!! That is kind of what I was saying, so everyone was givin' me the business (very politely, of course!) I am glad I have someone else who thought the same thing! I understand completely what you were saying. You said it much better than I was sayin' it! Well, Laura Duke, so much for that barrel, I think Denver C just put you in a pickle! Thank you Denver C. I, and the other good folks here, were beginning to think I was crazy! Thank you for proving otherwise. I thought maybe I was just hearin' things. (General Grant... turn yer hearin' aid up!) I'll catch y'all later! General Grant Oh, Roger and Laura, keep up yer creative thoughts, Khee!! No, I'm just kiddin' I guess someone agreein' with me has gone to my head, I best skedaddle before I get goin' too much!
-
What do you drive?
Hey Denver C. That was so funny that people were posing behind the JEEP! I would probably have started laughing. But, I am sure you were honored and proud, too! Boy, that'd be nice if people washed my vehicle for me! Unfortunatley that little task falls to me! I know what you mean about the Jeep wave! When we first got our Jeep, all of these people would wave at me, and I admit, I thought they were crazy. I didn't know why they did it, and we were forced to ask the Jeep dealer that we bought Miss Daisy (the Jeep) from why all of these people waved at us. He told us it was a Jeep thing, but he was probably laughin' at us all week for having to ask him!! Jonathan and Sylvia sound like real good lookers! I hope you had your brother-in-law give them an extra coat of polish! I'll catch y'all later! General Grant
-
Daisy Duke Wardrobe Malfunction in Season 6
Hey bwgath! I am glad that you are not upset. Great picture! General Grant
-
Dear Grandpa
Hey Roger! Come to think of it, I don't think that I've seen Julie in a while. There's so many fellow Hazzardites that it is hard to keep track! I hope ol' Rosco isn't chasin' her 'round again! I guess we'll have to get that CB of her's over to Cooter's!!!! Anyway, what was your take on the letter? I really enjoyed it! General Grant
-
Dear Grandpa
Hey Juleduke! That was great. It was very touching! I really enjoyed reading that. I must say, I really was moved by its depth! I am sure he would have been proud to read that, it sounds like you were really close! That is so neat. General Grant
-
Cross stitching Rocks
Hey! That is cool! I have tried cross-stitching (if I am thinking of the right one!) a couple times, but I can never get it. They always look like I was doin' them in the middle of a tornado! I give you a lot of credit, I am sure they turn out really nice!! General Grant
-
Opening Teaser
Hey Y'all! HA HA HA!!!! Very funny Laura Duke. I 'aint over a barrel, yet! Anyway, I really must be confusing. I was saying that they probably didn't have the technology to fix the distortion. Waylon would most likely pursue his musical career and he probably could not sit around for 7 years to do the Dukes, No offense to the Dukes! But, I was saying that because of being a musician, he probably traveled a lot and may have done some of the Dukes work while on tour. So they probably could not clear up the distortion. Anyway, with Laura and Roger havin' a good time with this, I'll just have to go think up another funny idea about why the voice sounds different, but I still think it is Waylon! General Grant
-
What do you drive?
I am glad to know that there are other people that name their vehicles, too! People always give me the strangest look when I say that I name my vehicles! You sound like you have really nice vehicles! I really like the idea of the tire cover. Does it hold up okay in the weather, rain and such? Must have used sometime of water proofing chemicals on it? Sorry, just curious! Catch y'all later! General Grant Denver C.---- Give Sylvia, Jesse, and Jonathan an extra polish for me!!!!! I am a fellow Jeepster! I would love a Firebird! What color is it?
-
hey
Hello playforchrissy! Welcome... to Hazzard County! We are honored to have you. You don't mind if I refer to you as Christine, do you? Anyway, I am sorry but I don't watch Las Vegas, so I don't have a clue as to what is going on! I hope that your stay will be satisfactory, and you'll stick 'round for a while. Hope to see you around the forums! Enjoy your stay. I'll catch y'all later! General Grant
-
What TV shows do ya'll watch now?
Hey Emy-Rae Duke! Thank you... you just reminded me of another show that I like. Walker, Texas Ranger. I really like that show, the only annoying thing is that the guy can be blind, disabled, and half dead and then still go on to beat up six people, all by him self! How can one do that?! Anyway, I'll catch y'all later! General Grant
-
Opening Teaser
Hey Y'all! I know what you mean Laura Duke... you'd think we were cousins the way we carry on so, and always argue over who's idear is right and who's is wrong! Khee! Thank you for the compliment, LoriDavenport, I like to logically think things through!!!! Anyway, they may have let his voice go distorted like that because after all of those cars they had to supply, I am sure the budget must have been lacking somewhere! If if did, though, I certainly didn't know! General Grant
-
Dukesfest 2008
That is so cool! I am so glad that after all of these years things are finally being resolved. I am really glad (not to mention proud to be called a Duke!) that John would invite Byron! What Yahoo group was this on? I am kind of interested in reading that! General Grant
-
What TV shows do ya'll watch now?
Hey Y'all! I mostly watch older TV series. Some that I really like are "Knight Rider" "Gilligan's Island" "Green Acres" "Welcome Back, Kotter" I also like (a current show... Newsflash!!!) "The Biggest Loser" General Grant
-
WHAT IS YOUR FAVORITE EPISODE
Those are such great episodes! There are so many shows in the series to pick from but a couple of my favorites are "Swamp Molly," " Dr. Jeckell and Mr. Duke" "A Strange Visitor to Hazzard" "Undercover Dukes" I know there are others, but I just can't think of them! Anyway,I'll catch y'all soon! General Grant
-
Hows About a nice old Hazzard get together?
Okay, Thank you kindly! I hope to make it, but I am not 100% that I will be there, or on time at that! Hope to catch y'all at the meetin'! General Grant
-
Opening Teaser
Hey y'all! Not to go throwin' a wrench in things, but I have always figured it this way: Waylon is a country star, right? Correct me if I'm wrong about that, because to be honest, I have only heard about two of his songs! Anyway, he probably did a lot of touring across the country and other business and could not sit in some studio all of the time to do the Dukes. Is it possible that maybe while on tour or something, he could have recorded the teasers in another part of the country and so what you are hearing on the teasers is a recording of a recording, so his voice sounds distroted. I can't imagine that the Dukes crew would drag someone in to do the teasers, not recognize him on the credits, and put Waylon's name on it. I do not know though. I am only guessing. General Grant
-
Hows About a nice old Hazzard get together?
Are y'all talking about this comin' Saturday (December 15th?) or last Saturday? Somehow, I always seem to arrive late! Khee! Khee! Must be 'cause ol' Rosco just insists on chasin' me all the time, and tryin' to cuff and stuff me! Anyway, if it is the 15th I'll try to get there! Lookin' forward to it. General Grant
-
Jesse Quotes
Hey Y'all! Great quotes. I really enjoyed reading them! I had forgotten how many great things Uncle Jesse said. There are so many shows, it is hard to remember all of the highlights of the series sometimes! I have to say though, that I think one of my all time favorite lines is when Jesse says about city people not knowin' any better! I understand that completely! I always joke about that when I see city folk. I don't know 'bout Charlie Daniels for president... I have only heard one of his songs "The Devil went down to Georgia" but I'd have to say I agree with Uncle Jesse for president. Or, shall I say fer president! Catch y'all later! General Grant
-
Daisy Duke Wardrobe Malfunction in Season 6
Hey! bwgath, I am sorry if I upset you. I just didn't want to offend you because you were kind of in the middle of that entire thing. I hope you are not upset at all. I understand what you message said. I hope that I didn't offend you or anything, that is the last thing I would want to do is to offend a fellow cousin. My personal opinion: I understand that seeing "malfunctions" is fun, but to me that kind isn't something to go lookin' for! I'll catch y'all later. General Grant
-
What do you drive?
Hey Y'all! Denver C. a fellow Jeepster! I am giving you the Jeep wave right now! That tire cover sounds really neat! I wish I could think of stuff like that! When you say custom paint job, do you mean that your sister painted it on there? I really think that sounds cool! I hope if I ever get stopped by the local law it is to admire my vehicle. Which isn't likely because I (in reality) will probably never be able to afford a real nice car, like the General Lee, but a person can dream!!!! Anyway, you all sound like you have nice vehicles. Anyone name their vehicles? Our Jeep is Miss Daisy, the Blazer is Blaze, the Expedition is Eddie, and the Bronco is just Da Bronco! I'll catch y'all later! General Grant
-
Sheriff Rosco P Coltrane
Great Pictures Y'all! Hey plymoth77, where did you get that picture of the Dukes cast by the tree? I know someone who has one jsut like that, except Cooter signed it. General Grant