Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Dukes of Hazzard Forums - HazzardNet.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HossC

Veteran
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HossC

  1. HossC replied to HossC's topic in Music
    The countdown of the 100 greatest songs by Irish artists started on the radio today, and they got halfway with some of the songs I've posted recently already appearing. It'll conclude next Friday, and I'll let you know which ones made the list. In the meantime, here's a song by an Irish artist who wasn't mentioned in the build-up to the poll. Cathy Davey - Reuben While I was looking for the video above I came across a version in Irish (as Gaeilge) with a couple dancing. It's fun.
  2. IMPORTED kay-viar One of rich Rosco's first purchases (as pronounced by Cletus)
  3. Home Tom Jones reference.
  4. HossC replied to HossC's topic in Music
    I can't post it here because Tír na nÓg is three words and this is One Word Song Titles. Celtic Woman aren't mentioned much back in Ireland, I guess because we have such a wide array of other great Celtic music to choose from. I see they're playing your state a few times in the next couple of weeks - are you going, Roger? Here's one of their songs that does have a single word title. Celtic Woman - Awakening
  5. HossC replied to HossC's topic in Music
    I'll take a quick break from Irish artists for this pioneering 1995 Eurodance/dream trance/ambient house track by Italian DJ/composer Robert Miles. Robert Miles - Children The piano melody was sampled in this 2023 track bringing the tune to a new generation. Luckily, this also has a single word title. Switch Disco ft Ella Henderson and Robert Miles - REACT
  6. HossC replied to HossC's topic in Music
    This band are from Mullingar in Co. Westmeath, a place more recently famous as the hometown of Niall Horan of One Direction. The Blizzards - Fantasy
  7. HossC replied to HossC's topic in Music
    Thanks, Hobie. I've replaced your link with the alternate video. It's from a TV show, but I think they're just miming to the single. The one I posted was on their official YouTube channel, so I'm surprised it didn't work.
  8. HossC replied to HossC's topic in Music
    While I'm on Irish artists, I couldn't ignore Thin Lizzy. This song was written by the band's frontman Phil Lynott and guitarist Gary Moore about Lynott's newborn daughter. Phil died when I was 15, but I did get to see Limehouse Lizzy, the best known Thin Lizzy tribute act, about 25 years ago. Thin Lizzy - Sarah
  9. Do I have a British accent? Well, yes I do, but which one? Here's a selection of some of the accents you could hear if you visited the British Isles.
  10. Tri-County ARMORED Transport
  11. HossC replied to HossC's topic in Music
    I'm cheating slightly today because the title of this song is a road, but there's no spaces in it. It's a song about an emigrant reminiscing about Tuam in Co. Galway and the road through it. The Saw Doctors - N17
  12. Rolling Stones
  13. Did you mean to put that in your Minor Mentions thread?
  14. HossC replied to HossC's topic in Music
    I'm not sure how many of the Irish artists above are familiar names across The Pond, but this group filmed the video below in Los Angeles and played 40 shows at The Sphere in Las Vegas in 2023/24. U2 - Desire
  15. HossC replied to HossC's topic in Music
    Sorry, Hobie. No Irish women today. Mic Christopher was actually born in New York, but his parents were Irish and they moved back to Dublin when he was a toddler, so I think he counts as Irish. Sadly, following a concert in the Netherlands in 2001, Mic was found unconscious after apparently falling on some stairs. He never regained consciousness and died at the age of 32. Mic Christopher - Heyday
  16. HossC replied to HossC's topic in Music
    Another Irish band, and this one's a family - three sisters and a brother. The Corrs - Breathless
  17. It's the same building, and it appeared many times. If you check out the Hazzard Square thread, it was located on French Street behind the court house. I labeled it #25, although the building shown on the aerial view is the replacement constructed between 1997 and 2000. It was the Hazzard Impound Yard in 'The Sound of Music - Hazzard Style' - see here, and if you scroll down that page you can see it as Boss' car lot from 'Share and Share Alike'. Scroll down further and you can see it as the Apex Rent-A-Truck office from 'Coy Meets Girls'. In 'The Dukes of Hazzard: Reunion!' TV movie the building was Red Perkins' garage (run by his daughter, Mavis) - see here. The building was replaced sometime before 'The Dukes of Hazzard: Hazzard in Hollywood'.
  18. HossC replied to HossC's topic in Music
    Sticking with Irish artists, I woke up with this song in my head this morning, and it was played on the radio this afternoon. Bell X1 - Flame
  19. Charles TYNER Played one of the silver thieves in 'The Hazzardville Horror'.
  20. Six Flags
  21. Duke ROBBINS
  22. HossC replied to HossC's topic in Music
    I'm glad you enjoyed it, Hobie. Sadly, Dolores O'Riordan died from drowning due to alcohol intoxication in 2018 - she was 46. To show her range. here's a powerful song she wrote in response to the IRA's bombing in Warrington, England in 1993 which killed two children. Since Dolores' death, the song has become a stadium anthem, starting in her hometown of Limerick. I'm expecting this to be at least top five in the countdown of 100 greatest Irish songs I mentioned above. The Cranberries - Zombie
  23. Automatic
  24. Tom PRYOR The old lawman in 'Witness for the Persecution'.
  25. HossC replied to HossC's topic in Music
    I've been reminded just how many great Irish artists there are, so I have a few more tracks which I'll spread out over the next few days. Next, another song inspired by unrequited teenage love. Singer Dolores O'Riordan wrote this about her first kiss at a nightclub when she was 18. She fell in love, but then saw the man of her dreams kiss someone else a couple of weeks later. I was amazed to see that this video has had over half a billion views and over 90k comments. The Cranberries - Linger

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.