Favorite Dukes of Hazzard Quotes

5 minutes ago, Garrett Duke said:

I hope so.

Me too Garrett. The place wouldn't be the same without Skipper. I think a compromise can be worked out. Skipper could just stay away from the quote thread....at least for awhile. I don't want to take sides....nobody here does....because we love Skipper and Hoss. But I do agree with Hoss that it is important to keep the quotes accurate. That doesn't mean that a minor misquote is a major problem but it does mean that Skipper needs to do a better job of getting the quotes right. Out of respect for the show I always double checked anytime I posted a quote. 

Hoss and Boss are right, accuracy on quotes is important.

Skipper, I also agree with Hoss regarding the number and frequency of posts. It dilutes the important discussions to just post every thought that comes into your head and this is not the place for that. If you continue to spam off-topic posts, I will have to limit the number of posts you can make daily.

23 minutes ago, Meadowmufn said:

Skipper, I also agree with Hoss regarding the number and frequency of posts. It dilutes the important discussions to just post every thought that comes into your head and this is not the place for that. If you continue to spam off-topic posts, I will have to limit the number of posts you can make daily.

I will just keep quotes on the Facebook sites over there. That way, if something is not quite right, there's no problems. Lol.

29 minutes ago, Meadowmufn said:

Mufn... What about Trivia questions and Fun Facts type posts for Dukes? How many can I do? I can stick to that here and not post anything else.

3 hours ago, Meadowmufn said:

Meadowmufn... It's been fun while it lasted. I hate to leave. But I feel strongly it's the best thing for me. I think my stay is over. I'm gonna log out and not log back in and not use this anymore. I'll just stay on Facebook and do me and my thing over there without the headaches.

I love you Cousin Skipper but you are making this way more complicated than it has to be.

Simply stop posting on the quotes thread UNLESS you are certain the quotes are accurate. 

And finally, I am disappointed that you are not using my advice and taking a couple days off from HazzardNet to cool down. I've learned a lot in my lifetime, so please trust me on this one: If something is upsetting you, the best thing you can do is step away for awhile. That isn't always possible....but it is in this situation. You will feel so much better by taking a break. 

47 minutes ago, RogerDuke said:

I love you Cousin Skipper but you are making this way more complicated than it has to be.

Simply stop posting on the quotes thread UNLESS you are certain the quotes are accurate. 

And finally, I am disappointed that you are not using my advice and taking a couple days off from HazzardNet to cool down. I've learned a lot in my lifetime, so please trust me on this one: If something is upsetting you, the best thing you can do is step away for awhile. That isn't always possible....but it is in this situation. You will feel so much better by taking a break. 

Thanks Cousin Roger Duke/Uncle Jesse. :) And my reactions came back again. I was able to love this post.

(Season 5 Vance's Lady) The Dukes see Mr. Dugan who rammed them off the road earlier.

Vance:"That's the car that rammed us before." Coy:"Hang on! It's ring around the rosy time." Waylon Jennings:"Y'all are about to see a Hazzard 360. Watch. That's 180 to  turn around. Another 180 to confuse the opposition. Which totals 360."

(Season 5 Vance's Lady)

Vance:"Rosco! What's he want now?"

Coy:"He probably wants to find out if she's pretty, and if she has a sister!" Vance:"Let's just lose him huh cuz?" Coy:"Alrighty!" Waylon Jennings:"Losin' Rosco is comparatively easy fer old Vance an' Coy, compared to what was comin' up."

(Season 5 Dukes Strike it Rich)

Coy:"Rosco's drivin' like a man possessed!" Vance:"Well put it to the floor cuz. We gotta catch him!" Waylon Jennings:"The boys better not have anymore spin outs, or they'll never catch Rosco." Coy:"Capitol City. I think we lost this one Vance." Vance:"No we didn't! There's Rosco."

On 12/21/2023 at 12:56 AM, Skipper Duke said:

I will just keep quotes on the Facebook sites over there. That way, if something is not quite right, there's no problems. Lol.

On 12/23/2023 at 3:45 AM, Skipper Duke said:

I'm taking time off Hazzard Net until Jan 2nd. I'll come back with a fresh start.

Well, Skipper, you didn't stick to either of these pledges, and you've stated the new year by screwing up yet another quote by missing out several lines in the middle without any reason or mention of the omission. Here's the full dialogue:

Coy: "Rosco's driving like a man possessed."
Vance: "Well, put it to the floor, cuz. We gotta catch him. I think we got our work cut out for us, partner. Hey, Rosco, pull over will you. We wanna talk to you."
Rosco: "Just get back there. Get...get...Don't get so close. All right, you two, get back to the farm. You're under arrest. I said don't...Now, I'm serious."
Waylon: "The boys better not have any more spinouts... or they'll never catch Rosco."
Coy: "Capitol City. I think we lost this one, Vance."
Vance: "No, we didn't. There's Rosco."

This thread should not be a repository for random bits of dialogue from the show - it should be for funny or memorable quotes. Also, as everyone else and I have told you, a quote is not a quote if it's not correct. I am fed up with having to tell you this and to correct you. I would suggest that you keep the quotes to Facebook as you promised to do. From now on, I'll just be deleting inaccurate quotes as it takes too much of my time to put them right!

Posted (edited)
30 minutes ago, HossC said:

Well, Skipper, you didn't stick to either of these pledges, and you've stated the new year by screwing up yet another quote by missing out several lines in the middle without any reason or mention of the omission. Here's the full dialogue:

Coy: "Rosco's driving like a man possessed."
Vance: "Well, put it to the floor, cuz. We gotta catch him. I think we got our work cut out for us, partner. Hey, Rosco, pull over will you. We wanna talk to you."
Rosco: "Just get back there. Get...get...Don't get so close. All right, you two, get back to the farm. You're under arrest. I said don't...Now, I'm serious."
Waylon: "The boys better not have any more spinouts... or they'll never catch Rosco."
Coy: "Capitol City. I think we lost this one, Vance."
Vance: "No, we didn't. There's Rosco."

This thread should not be a repository for random bits of dialogue from the show - it should be for funny or memorable quotes. Also, as everyone else and I have told you, a quote is not a quote if it's not correct. I am fed up with having to tell you this and to correct you. I would suggest that you keep the quotes to Facebook as you promised to do. From now on, I'll just be deleting inaccurate quotes as it takes too much of my time to put them right!

Alright do what you gotta and I'll do what I gotta by just keeping it OVER there in my personal space and the groups. Also over THERE I don't have to worry about movie ones being family friendly or not. I can do the more adult themed stuff.

Edited by Skipper Duke
Forgot something.

On 12/21/2023 at 7:21 PM, RogerDuke said:

I won't be posting in the Favorite Scenes  thread anymore either. If I get stuff wrong here, it's bound to happen there too.