NASCAR news

Garrett Duke

5 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

He's only got two races to get his way into the Chase...talk about waiting to the last minute. ;) 

There's a simple explanation for that. He's a Georgia boy and his daddy was mentioned on Dukes. Every episode of Dukes has a dramatic and happy ending. Chase is just being true to a Hazzard tradition. 

Well y'all there's nothing like waiting to the last race of the regular season to win a spot into the Chase...which I hope is what Chase is doing. Daytona is Saturday night. The last race of the regular season. Next week the Chase starts. Chase HAS To WIN IT to get into the CHASE. Or he'll be on the outside looking in. :(  I definitely wouldn't save my chances for Daytona to win to get in with all the big wrecks and all...and we all know how lousy Chase's luck has been this season. :(  

How did we get to the end of the regular season so quickly? Shouldn't it be the Daytona 500...and not the regular Daytona race? LOL. At least at the Daytona 500 there was hope...now that hope is dimming out pretty quick. But if there is one thing being a die hard Cubs fan has taught me...is to never give up hope. 

But I'm not holding my breath.

Win or lose, Chase will be my favorite driver that is currently driving.

I'm loyal like that.

Even Jeff Gordon had a season where he wasn't able to make the Chase. Now that was a lousy year! LOL. But as y'all know, he's always will be my favorite NASCAR driver. :D 

19 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Sorry to get your hopes up about Chase. I guess the race wasn't in Hazzard County. If it was, it would have had a happy ending. 

Thank you Roger. If truth be told, on how bad he's been this year, he probably doesn't deserve to be in it. But it is still disappointing. And sad. I still hope he will at least pull off one win this season...

19 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Sorry to get your hopes up about Chase. I guess the race wasn't in Hazzard County. If it was, it would have had a happy ending. 

And if that wasn't bad enough...this race pushed me out of first in my NASCAR fantasy league and now sitting second. :( I just earned my way into first place a few weeks ago. 

• 4 months later...

Well...I was wanting to start talking NASCAR more...but not like this. NASCAR lost a great legend today as Cale Yarborough has passed away. He even was on an episode of the Dukes of Hazzard. Sadly he was before my time of watching NASCAR, but I have to say that my favorite story of his was at the Daytona and his fight with the Allison brothers on the first televised race. Petty won the race,  but Cale got all the attention. LOL. He will be greatly missed. 

3-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Cale Yarborough dies (yahoo.com)

54 minutes ago, Garrett Duke said:

He even was on an episode of the Dukes of Hazzard.

Cale was on two - 'Dukes Meet Cale Yarborough' and 'Cale Yarborough Comes to Hazzard'. Very sad to hear of his death.

I read this just after seeing that former Indianapolis 500 winner Gil de Ferran passed away on Friday at just 56.
He suffered a heart attack at a private motor racing club in Opa-locka, Florida.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/motorsport/67847162