NASCAR news

Garrett Duke

• 2 weeks later...

Well everyone will be celebrating the Super Bowl tomorrow. I'll probably won't watch it, because the best team didn't even make the playoffs. LOL...Go Bears! But I will be rooting for the 49ers! Anyone want to guess why? ;)

That's Jeff Gordon's favorite team!!!! (And I am tired of hearing about and seeing Taylor Swift...who doesn't even play football. Who's not even on a team. Just dating a player. So give him the attention. Not her. Just saying...)

Anyway, it's Jeff Gordon's favorite team, so that is why I am going for them. Plus the Bears' old kicker use to play for the 49ers before retiring before this season (the Bears were so dumb to trade Gould. Just saying...LOL). And Brock Purdy the 49ers QB use to play for Iowa State...which is my college team rivalry, but still in Iowa where I live (Im all for my Iowa Hawkeyes).  

Enough about football. I just want Jeff Gordon to be happy. :) 

The true Super Bowl is a week from tomorrow! I am so excited that NASCAR is finally here! Sadly, I won't be able to watch the Daytona 500 because I am suppose to be at an event for a friend. But I'll do my best to read up and keep you updated.

The real racing starts after the 500 anyways. But still sad to miss out on it.  Hopefully Chase Elliott will win!

3 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

Miami Dolphins are the best!!

Well Jay Cutler did go there for a year after he left the Bears. :) Bears fans dissed Cutler like none other...I never understood it. I liked Cutler and was sad to see him go. I felt like I was in the minority. Ha. But being a Cubs fan since I was four years old has taught me a thing or two about being loyal...so I'll stick with my Bears in football. HA.

And I don't know any NASCAR driver who likes the Dolphins.

Or the Bears.

That doesn't mean there isn't any. For the longest time I knew who every Hendrick driver's favorite football team was. Dale Jrs is the Redskins / Commanders. Johnson is Chargers, Gordon is the 49ers. Jr use to talk fantasy football during the race...LOL. Wish he would join my league! 

At least the Bears will get a good draft pick number this year. HA. :)

Talking about fantasy sports...I got a fantasy NASCAR and fantasy baseball league if anyone is interested. All is free and all is fun. Baseball is with Yahoo! Fantasy Sports and NASCAR is  on the NASCAR App (Also free) at NASCAR Fantasy Live. Let me know if you are interested. (I also have football with Yahoo....but that'll have to wait until next season now. HA)

16 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

The true Super Bowl is a week from tomorrow! I am so excited that NASCAR is finally here! Sadly, I won't be able to watch the Daytona 500 because I am suppose to be at an event for a friend. But I'll do my best to read up and keep you updated.

The real racing starts after the 500 anyways. But still sad to miss out on it.  Hopefully Chase Elliott will win!

I wouldn't be surprised if Garrett made this meme. ;)

SuperBowl.jpg

Well I do believe the stage has been set for the start of the 2024 Daytona 500! After forever...it's finally almost show time! Joey Logano got the pole position last weekend and they had the Duel races I believe yesterday. I missed it all, but Jimmie Johnson was able to race his way into the race while JJ Yeley will be missing the Daytona 500. 

Bluegreen Vacations Duel 1 at DAYTONA Race Results, Lineup | Official Site Of NASCAR Duel One results

Bluegreen Vacations Duel 2 at DAYTONA Race Results, Lineup | Official Site Of NASCAR Duel Two results

DAYTONA 500 Race Results, Lineup | Official Site Of NASCAR Daytona 500 starting line up

Daytona 500 will be on February 18th at 2:30 ET on FOX. Sadly, I will miss it but will be keeping an eye on Chase Elliott as much as possible.

February 18th will mark 22 years since Dale Earnhardt Sr passed away at the Daytona 500 race from a racing accident. I was never a Dale Sr fan or his aggressive style of racing, but that will be a day and race that I will probably always remember. I think that's the only race I watched that year. It rocked the NASCAR world for sure and it changed a lot of safety rules. The HANS device (The device that holds the helmet to the driver) was optional during that time (Dale Sr chose not to wear the HANS device) and it is now required that all drivers wear them. HANS device helps prevent the driver's head being thrown into the steering wheel or something like that. I remember being in school and doing a report on it after the accident. LOL (Everyone probably had no idea what I was talking about. HA) 

7 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

Well I do believe the stage has been set for the start of the 2024 Daytona 500! After forever...it's finally almost show time! Joey Logano got the pole position last weekend and they had the Duel races I believe yesterday. I missed it all, but Jimmie Johnson was able to race his way into the race while JJ Yeley will be missing the Daytona 500. 

Bluegreen Vacations Duel 1 at DAYTONA Race Results, Lineup | Official Site Of NASCAR Duel One results

Bluegreen Vacations Duel 2 at DAYTONA Race Results, Lineup | Official Site Of NASCAR Duel Two results

DAYTONA 500 Race Results, Lineup | Official Site Of NASCAR Daytona 500 starting line up

Daytona 500 will be on February 18th at 2:30 ET on FOX. Sadly, I will miss it but will be keeping an eye on Chase Elliott as much as possible.

February 18th will mark 22 years since Dale Earnhardt Sr passed away at the Daytona 500 race from a racing accident. I was never a Dale Sr fan or his aggressive style of racing, but that will be a day and race that I will probably always remember. I think that's the only race I watched that year. It rocked the NASCAR world for sure and it changed a lot of safety rules. The HANS device (The device that holds the helmet to the driver) was optional during that time (Dale Sr chose not to wear the HANS device) and it is now required that all drivers wear them. HANS device helps prevent the driver's head being thrown into the steering wheel or something like that. I remember being in school and doing a report on it after the accident. LOL (Everyone probably had no idea what I was talking about. HA) 

Garrett Duke... I know what it is. It means Head And Neck Support.

7 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

February 18th will mark 22 years since Dale Earnhardt Sr passed away at the Daytona 500 race from a racing accident.

It sounds like Dale Earnhardt Sr's death affected NASCAR in a similar way to which Ayrton Senna's death at the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix affected F1. I still remember watching that race live even though it'll be the 30th anniversary later this year. BTW, Dale Earnhardt Sr passed away in 2001, so tomorrow is 23 years since his death.

14 hours ago, HossC said:

It sounds like Dale Earnhardt Sr's death affected NASCAR in a similar way to which Ayrton Senna's death at the 1994 San Marino Grand Prix affected F1. I still remember watching that race live even though it'll be the 30th anniversary later this year. BTW, Dale Earnhardt Sr passed away in 2001, so tomorrow is 23 years since his death.

You are right. I am horrible at math. 

You 2 were way ahead of me on this one. I turned it on at 2:30 and they were talking about women's college basketball. So I went to watch my recorded dirt bike races from last night and remembered they have the weekend off. So I chased my dog around the yard (we call it a zoom meeting) just because I wanted to see something race. I came in last....or second if you are an optimist. I put a checkered flag in the dog's mouth and watched her do a victory lap around the house.