Hazzard Square

• 2 years later...

I know this thread hasn’t been posted to in a while but if anyone reads this and has any sort of maps or requests, I live not too far from Santa Clarita and visit regularly for Six Flags and the filming locations. If anyone ended up making a big listed map or if I missed one in the thread, I’d sure appreciate to see it! Great thread and thank you to everyone that put their time and information into it!

Welcome to HNet. I never made a big map, but I can tell you where most of the locations are. I only had access to Google Streetview for my "now" pictures, so feel free to post your own photos if you can get better angles.

I think that most of the loose ends have been tied up now, but there may be some places I missed. If you spot any new locations that you recognize, I'd like to see them.

• 3 months later...
6 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I don't understand why you would say that.  We're all Duke fans so you ARE part of our family, cousin Joseph. 

Most definitely! Here in Hazzard,  we're all friends and it's real close in here...nice and cozy!  If you know about the Dukes and the town, you may know about the guy that owns the car lot just outside of town, the town drunk...Hobie Harkins. That's where I got my name but I bet I don't drink more than 6 beers a year! I just used his name because I think he's hilarious! I joke a lot though about making it and drinking it ( although I've only had Moonshine twice in my whole life!  :lol:

On 12/29/2019 at 10:18 AM, HossC said:

Welcome to HNet. I never made a big map, but I can tell you where most of the locations are. I only had access to Google Streetview for my "now" pictures, so feel free to post your own photos if you can get better angles.

I think that most of the loose ends have been tied up now, but there may be some places I missed. If you spot any new locations that you recognize, I'd like to see them.

Thanks for the welcome! And if you could send me the locations it would be much appreciated, I would like to eventually visit all the locations and hopefully answer people that may have questions about the locations as I can visit them often while others can’t. And same here, mostly using google maps except when I visited Valencia Oaks Ranch which unfortunately is gated up now. I’m planning on making a large map eventually.

4 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Me too. Hey Hoss, could you work your magic and dig up that map making thread I did where I listed all the residents, roads, businesses, water, landmarks and other counties?! 

I think that's more than one thread, Roger. Here are two I found (they were both started by you):

Residents of Hazzard County

Map of Hazzard

There may even be another that lists landmarks/places, but if it exists, I haven't found that one yet.

7 hours ago, HossC said:

I think that's more than one thread, Roger. Here are two I found (they were both started by you):

Residents of Hazzard County

Map of Hazzard

There may even be another that lists landmarks/places, but if it exists, I haven't found that one yet.

Hmmm, memory ain't what it used to be. I'm not sure what I did so don't take too much time looking. I'm sure these 2 will help thegenerallx out. 

• 3 weeks later...

This may have been mentioned before, but I think the (1964-1969) Peyton Place series reunion movie in 1985 (I believe called Next Generation...as it was an attempt of a new P.P. revival series but that never came about) used the “Hazzard” town square. The original P.P. town square was similar to what the Hazzard one was in Dukes, but it had probably been dismantled after that show went off the air in 1969. So, in 85 right after (sadly) Dukes was cancelled I’m sure the town square was available for use. 

1 hour ago, RogerDuke said:

I think it's been used in lots of things. I think Hoss did something about that awhile ago. How ya been MonacoMan? ( I almost typed MM but that's Meadowmufn's initials) I could have been cuffed and stuffed for a mistake like that. 

I’m doing okay...surviving the “pandemic” I guess! :-P Yeah, I’ve seen the Hazzard square in some other things...I think it was also used in the drama Gilmore Girls. I never watched that show, but I think I read once it was the same square...just some buildings changed & revamped some since the “Dukes” days. It’s still around I think, so it’s probably been used in lots of things over the years. 

Edited by MonacoMan

11 hours ago, MonacoMan said:

This may have been mentioned before, but I think the (1964-1969) Peyton Place series reunion movie in 1985 (I believe called Next Generation...as it was an attempt of a new P.P. revival series but that never came about) used the “Hazzard” town square. The original P.P. town square was similar to what the Hazzard one was in Dukes, but it had probably been dismantled after that show went off the air in 1969. So, in 85 right after (sadly) Dukes was cancelled I’m sure the town square was available for use. 

I had a quick flick through 'Peyton Place: The Next Generation' on YouTube (I've never seen it before). I thought that a couple of the shots looked like the square in Covington from the Georgia episodes of Dukes, but IMDb only lists Waxahachie, Texas in their filming locations. I checked that out on Google Maps, and it's definitely the place. Having said that, the architecture on the main block of stores in Hazzard Square would fit right in with the historic buildings around the courthouse in Waxahachie.

BTW. The movie was made by 
Michael Filerman Productions in association with 20th Century Fox Television, so I can't see any Warner Bros. involvement.

On 5/20/2020 at 8:46 AM, HossC said:

I had a quick flick through 'Peyton Place: The Next Generation' on YouTube (I've never seen it before). I thought that a couple of the shots looked like the square in Covington from the Georgia episodes of Dukes, but IMDb only lists Waxahachie, Texas in their filming locations. I checked that out on Google Maps, and it's definitely the place. Having said that, the architecture on the main block of stores in Hazzard Square would fit right in with the historic buildings around the courthouse in Waxahachie.

BTW. The movie was made by 
Michael Filerman Productions in association with 20th Century Fox Television, so I can't see any Warner Bros. involvement.

I love and enjoy a lot of different shows from all decades, mostly crime/cop/mystery, but some action adventure ones too, as well as prime time dramas. So Dallas, Knots Landing, Falcon Crest, Dynasty, etc...are ones I like. I know, I’m weird! :-P

I’m currently going through the original Peyton Place series for the first time, and the set I got also includes the reunion movies (there were 2) & the original theatrical movies (based on the original novels). Anyway, I’ve actually not seen the reunion movie “Next Generation” yet myself...I only quickly scanned the DVD it’s on when I first got it. And I swear the town square, gazebo, court house, etc...looked just like the Warner Bros. set of Hazzard (not the Dukes original Georgia locations). 

But, it perhaps is not, and they fully used the Texas location...as I have read they filmed some of it in Texas, and veteran actress Dorothy Malone (who was one of the main stars of P.P.) was thrilled, as she had retired to Texas & it wasn’t too far to travel to film the reunion movie...so the Texas town does make sense. 

Adding to my above post...out of curiosity, I wonder where the first P.P. reunion movie (“Murder in Peyton Place” 1977) was filmed? Im on my cellphone at the moment and I can’t seem to find filming locations for it on IMDB. :confused: I’m sure it was probably not the “Dukes” Warner Bros. set as this was a couple years before “Dukes”...but I’d be interested to know if possible. It’s probably on YouTube as well, but it’s late and I’m going to bed, lol! :cornfused: 

Edited by MonacoMan

11 hours ago, MonacoMan said:

Adding to my above post...out of curiosity, I wonder where the first P.P. reunion movie (“Murder in Peyton Place” 1977) was filmed? Im on my cellphone at the moment and I can’t seem to find filming locations for it on IMDB. :confused: I’m sure it was probably not the “Dukes” Warner Bros. set as this was a couple years before “Dukes”...but I’d be interested to know if possible. It’s probably on YouTube as well, but it’s late and I’m going to bed, lol! :cornfused: 

IMDb doesn't list any filming locations, and nor does Wikipedia, so I took a look on YouTube. This must be the TV movie you're remembering, because Midwest Street (aka. Hazzard Square) is used throughout. There's the houses, the stores, the courthouse and the gazebo. I didn't see the garage/livery stables, but I only skimmed through.

The scene below is at just over six and a half minutes in. Not only is the guy driving something that looks like a very clean version of Uncle Jesse's pickup, he's also picking up Linda from the bank. Linda just happens to be played by Catherine Bach!

MurderInPP1.jpg

For anyone who's interested, the whole movie is on YouTube:

11 hours ago, HossC said:

IMDb doesn't list any filming locations, and nor does Wikipedia, so I took a look on YouTube. This must be the TV movie you're remembering, because Midwest Street (aka. Hazzard Square) is used throughout. There's the houses, the stores, the courthouse and the gazebo. I didn't see the garage/livery stables, but I only skimmed through.

The scene below is at just over six and a half minutes in. Not only is the guy driving something that looks like a very clean version of Uncle Jesse's pickup, he's also picking up Linda from the bank. Linda just happens to be played by Catherine Bach!

MurderInPP1.jpg

For anyone who's interested, the whole movie is on YouTube:

Awesome!! As stupid as this sounds...I did remember seeing in the cast list before that Catherine Bach (Daisy) was in it briefly, but forgot to mention it! :cornfused: Linda Gray (Sue Ellen Ewing on Dallas) was also in it. However, I am going through P.P. from pilot episode through the reunion movies—as this is my first time! I’m currently in Season 4 (one more season after), so I’ve not gotten to or seen either reunion movie yet. I just scanned a few minutes into each one to make sure the DVD plays, when I first got the set, and this must have been the reunion I was thinking of. That’s cool about possibly Uncle Jesse’s truck being used in a scene...wonder if it was a truck on the studio lot, and was still there when Dukes came? Of course an identical one would have been originally used in Georgia, before moving to the Warner Bros lot in CA...so maybe the truck in the P.P. reunion was just a coincidence? Thanks, HossC, for all the info! :tup:

Edited by MonacoMan