NASCAR news

Garrett Duke

12 minutes ago, HossC said:

Cale was on two - 'Dukes Meet Cale Yarborough' and 'Cale Yarborough Comes to Hazzard'. Very sad to hear of his death.

I read this just after seeing that former Indianapolis 500 winner Gil de Ferran passed away on Friday at just 56.
He suffered a heart attack at a private motor racing club in Opa-locka, Florida.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/motorsport/67847162

Thank you for correcting me. I couldn't remember the second one. Oops. Sorry about that. 

2 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

Well...I was wanting to start talking NASCAR more...but not like this. NASCAR lost a great legend today as Cale Yarborough has passed away. He even was on an episode of the Dukes of Hazzard. Sadly he was before my time of watching NASCAR, but I have to say that my favorite story of his was at the Daytona and his fight with the Allison brothers on the first televised race. Petty won the race,  but Cale got all the attention. LOL. He will be greatly missed. 

3-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Cale Yarborough dies (yahoo.com)

When I was growing up ( around 3rd grade....1973) the Allisons and Cale were all big names. I went to school  with Flookie Buford's nephew, if you know who that is. It was in the same time as Cale and Bobby ( Alison)  . I got Flookie's autograph too!   :) 

5 hours ago, Skipper Duke said:

I saw Cale Yarborough died. I was going to post it here. But didn't know if it was real or fake news. Didn't wanna post it and have it turn out to be false, didn't want the Hazzard Net POLICE after me spreading false news around the place.

no it's quite real!

On 12/31/2023 at 5:49 PM, Garrett Duke said:

Well...I was wanting to start talking NASCAR more...but not like this. NASCAR lost a great legend today as Cale Yarborough has passed away. He even was on an episode of the Dukes of Hazzard. Sadly he was before my time of watching NASCAR, but I have to say that my favorite story of his was at the Daytona and his fight with the Allison brothers on the first televised race. Petty won the race,  but Cale got all the attention. LOL. He will be greatly missed. 

3-time NASCAR Cup Series champion Cale Yarborough dies (yahoo.com)

I was sad to hear of his death.

• 3 weeks later...

Well y'all...I can't remember if I ever posted about who was inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame this year. I probably did, because I am excited about it. The Hall of Fame Introduction was  yesterday and today. I am sorry that I am posting this so late, because I think we missed it. But Donnie Allison, Jimmie Johnson, and Chad Knaus is inducted into the Hall of Fame this year. All very well deserving. Donnie was before my time of following NASCAR, but of course have heard of him. but y'all know how big of a fan of Jimmie Johnson I am! And if you like Jimmie Johnson, well, you gotta like Chad Knaus too. LOL. 

Talking about Jimmie Johnson...he will be in several races this year including the Daytona 500! Which is now under a month a way! (Though I am still doubting my ability to survive that long...)

Here is the article on the Hall of Fame: 2024 Hall of Fame induction: TV times, info and more | NASCAR

56 minutes ago, Garrett Duke said:

Well y'all...I can't remember if I ever posted about who was inducted into the NASCAR Hall of Fame this year. I probably did, because I am excited about it. The Hall of Fame Introduction was  yesterday and today. I am sorry that I am posting this so late, because I think we missed it. But Donnie Allison, Jimmie Johnson, and Chad Knaus is inducted into the Hall of Fame this year. All very well deserving. Donnie was before my time of following NASCAR, but of course have heard of him. but y'all know how big of a fan of Jimmie Johnson I am! And if you like Jimmie Johnson, well, you gotta like Chad Knaus too. LOL. 

Talking about Jimmie Johnson...he will be in several races this year including the Daytona 500! Which is now under a month a way! (Though I am still doubting my ability to survive that long...)

Here is the article on the Hall of Fame: 2024 Hall of Fame induction: TV times, info and more | NASCAR

I'm outta reactions. So here's my ❤️ for this.

I was never really interested in NASCAR until Dukes came along. And then when Cale made his first appearance I had my first favorite driver. I still don't follow it as much as I should but Garrett's updates always help. 

I am a big pro dirt bike fan now. Unfortunately, none of them ride a bike with an 01 on the side but I'm sure they all have posters in their bedrooms of Miz Tisdale riding wheelies. I know I do.  

20 hours ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

I feel the same way. Ever since I've been here, I've become more interested in NASCAR. Garrett keeps us up on stuff. I like that too!  I always liked Rusty Wallace! I used to dip snuff and my brand was Kodiak and he drove the prettiest car in the bunch! The Kodiak car!

21 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

I was never really interested in NASCAR until Dukes came along. And then when Cale made his first appearance I had my first favorite driver. I still don't follow it as much as I should but Garrett's updates always help. 

I am a big pro dirt bike fan now. Unfortunately, none of them ride a bike with an 01 on the side but I'm sure they all have posters in their bedrooms of Miz Tisdale riding wheelies. I know I do.  

Thank you Hobie and Roger. You both just made my entire day...or off season! :)

I will be honest with you all, before Dukes came back on air in 1996 (well I think it was 1997 when I started to get into it) I couldn't get the whole deal with NASCAR. I thought I'd rather watch my dog chase it's tail and it'd be more entertaining and fun to watch. But the Dukes and General Lee turned it around. By then Richard Petty was retired and I picked Jeff Gordon as my driver by the only way proper way to pick out a favorite driver...

He was in a top fifty most sexiest men magazine. Or something like that.

I will preface it and say that Garrett Duke would highly disagree with my logic in all of that and admit that Garrett Duke is my fictional DOH character. And that I myself is actually a female...LOL ;) (Garrett made me admit to all that...he is too ashamed of it. HA!)

Gordon was in the magazine (I still have the picture somewhere), he drove a Chevy, and won championships (as a Cubs fan, that was important. At least to have someone I follow who wins! HA I'll always love my Cubs. Win or lose...)

But with all that said, I like Gordon for his style, his personality, and his talent. Even if I still believe him and Jimmie Johnson are good looking. (I got to liking Jimmie Johnson because Gordon lured him into the spot and owns the majority of his car...)

And the rest is history. Now I am hooked and there is no going back. Even if Gordon and Johnson are retired (Well Johnson is semi retired. He will be racing a handful of races this year for his team he owns with Richard Petty). I miss Gordon and Johnson, but will be going for Chase Elliott (who was slated to take over for Gordon when he retired, which is how I picked him. HA). 

Oh and Pepsi sponsored Gordon. I love my Pepsi. Well...Diet Pepsi now. LOL

4 hours ago, Garrett Duke said:

I picked Jeff Gordon as my driver by the only way proper way to pick out a favorite driver...

He was in a top fifty most sexiest men magazine. Or something like that.

It's perfectly acceptable to pick that way. Miz Tisdale is my favorite women on the show because she won a big time award too. She was voted "Sexiest senior citizen postrmistess who rides wheelies on her postal route."  She has won it 45 years in a row now. I bet Gordon has never won anything 45 years in a row. 

29 minutes ago, Hobie Hartkins said:

Wow! You sure are a big fan..." Garrett " .....most females aren't that much into NASCAR!

Yes but most men think Emma Tisdale is a hottie. Way better than that news lady you like. Even better than Lacy Chabert. (How long will it be before Garrett gets mad that we're getting off the NASCAR subject?)

5 hours ago, RogerDuke said:

Yes but most men think Emma Tisdale is a hottie. Way better than that news lady you like. Even better than Lacy Chabert. (How long will it be before Garrett gets mad that we're getting off the NASCAR subject?)

That just means we need to stay on the NASCAR subject!  But Garrett....a girl....I never knew!!  :o