Dukes Talkshow

LoriDavenport

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah we do a lot of wild things with the General, I swear he's almost human...the first jump we ever did in him across the creek sure was wild but I don't think its the wildest...actually I think the wildest things we've done hasn't been a jump at all...I remember one time when we were driving along a road and one side was a hill leading up and the other side was a ravine...I dont remember which sherrif was chasing us seein' as we get chased by so many....but there was something blocking the road and we couldn't risk getting caught. So, I pulled the General up on two wheels and edged past the obstruction...pretty normal except for the fact the only thing stopping me from rolling over and down the ravine was my own skill. Sure ain't plannin' on doin' that in a hurry again.

My wife's first name was Lavinia but some of her kinfolks used to call her Martha because we have two other Livinias in the family. Her middle name is Martha so that's what some people called her to avoid confusion.

We met at the Hazzard County Baptist Church when her Daddy (and his family) was visiting from Choctaw County as a guest minister. Sometimes it seems like a hundred years ago and sometimes it feels like yesterday. *closes eyes and sighs* I sure miss her.

Uncle Jesse,

I thought that you were Methodist.?. But in your letter you say that you are Baptist. What happened that made you switch over?

Laura Duke

Laura, I'd like to take a moment to answer your question if my kids would stop that blasted bickering. I'm impressed that you noticed that part about me being a Methodist in a Baptist Church. What I didn't say is that I was only visiting the Baptist Church. The reason I was there is because my cousin over in Choctaw told me that a preacher man would be visiting the Baptist Church in Hazzard and he had a couple daughters that will turn your head faster than grease on lightning.

So I got all fancied up Sunday morning after washing up the '32 Coupe on Saturday night and....well.....*ear to ear smile*