Dukes Talkshow

LoriDavenport

• Replies 312
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have to agree with you there, Uncle Jesse! If I'm just having a bowl of ice cream-mint ice cream is SO yummy! But, if it's in a cone, nothing tastes better than a vanilla ice cream cone!

But, and I don't know about the rest of you...I can't STAND eating cold ice cream on a winter day! Brrr!!!!

Daisy.... You know how Bo and Luke volunteer their time to be Big Brothers? Well, have you ever been a Big Sister for the organization? Any stories/comments on how that went? And, did Bo and Luke help out as much as you did?

Laura Duke

An ENTIRE onion?!?! I bet that's got a bite to it!!!

Anyway, whole barrell full of questions for y'all!:

-what is your favorite type of meal?

-if you have ever gone on any vacations, which was your favorite?

-who is the fastest runner?

and...

-who's idea was it to make a '69 charger to the General Lee? (I bet Uncle Jesse thought that one up!!)

Thanks for your time!

Was I ever a big sister? No, though I'd liked to have been....work keeps me too busy.

(as a side note: I am a big sister thank you very much:) I love it)

On my burger? Cheese, mayonaise, tomatoe...thats it.

My favorite meal is Uncle Jesse's bisque

My favorite vacation so far has been going to Nashville

Luke is by far the fastest runner...I'll let him and Bo answer about the General

An ENTIRE onion?!?! I bet that's got a bite to it!!!

Anyway, whole barrell full of questions for y'all!:

-what is your favorite type of meal?

-if you have ever gone on any vacations, which was your favorite?

-who is the fastest runner?

and...

-who's idea was it to make a '69 charger to the General Lee? (I bet Uncle Jesse thought that one up!!)

Thanks for your time!

My favorite type of meal would be, like Daisy, Uncle Jesse's craw dad bisque.

My favorite vacation would hafta be when we went to Hollywood...weren't really a vacation but I liked it.

Well gee thanks Daisy.. I woulda said Bo were he's got the big ole lanky legs of his! *grins*

Hmmm, well, really in my opinion, Me and Bo both had a part in it...we were lookin for a nice racin car and it stuck out to us I reckon..

My favorite vacation was my honeymoon. Me and Lavinia went to Atlanta for a whole week. I remember it like it was yesterday *sighs*

As far as the fastest runner, you kids are furgettin' when Maudeen busted loose in that thunderstorm a few years back. Seems to me none of you 3 young'uns could catch her. *smiles* I don't wanna brag so I'll let the kids tell ya who caught her.......

As far as favorite meal, I like Daisy's roast beef. Mmmmm.....with peach cobbler

My favorite vacation was my honeymoon. Me and Lavinia went to Atlanta for a whole week. I remember it like it was yesterday *sighs*

As far as the fastest runner, you kids are furgettin' when Maudeen busted loose in that thunderstorm a few years back. Seems to me none of you 3 young'uns could catch her. *smiles* I don't wanna brag so I'll let the kids tell ya who caught her.......

As far as favorite meal, I like Daisy's roast beef. Mmmmm.....with peach cobbler

What is everybody favorite type of car?

Sorry y'all, I've been away...so...i'll try and catch up on some questions...

Luke is by far the fastest runner, if you notice when I run, I kinda can't run properly due t'a accident I had when I was younger so I run with a limp...like a duck really. So that slows me down quite a lot so does the asthma. Plus Luke was a marine so he could run fast with a huge backpack full o'stuff on and whilst carrying a gun.

As you know we just found a wreck of a charger in a junk yard and from there much of what the General is came about by chance. We already had the engine, the only colour Cooter had in his garage at the time was Orange and then Uncle Jesse through up the name of the General Lee.

My favourite meal is anything Daisy makes :)

Hello Everyone!

What do I like on my hamburger: ketchup, and sometimes finely diced onions. That's it for me!

My favorite car: the '69 Dodge Charger, and not just any charger, the General Lee, of course!

Okay, here's a question, and this is kind of in memory of Maudeen: what was the funniest thing that Maudeen did? (Uncle Jesse, you probably have plenty of those stories!)

Laura Duke

• 2 weeks later...

Well that's a good question Laura. They's been a few city slickers that have been around and wanted ta know if Maudeen was a boy horse or girl horse...of course that doesn't answer yer question 'cause it's not really somethin' Maudeen did.

I suppose the funniest thing was the time we had her over ta Capitol City Speedway. Ya see they was remodling things over there and we had this real bad wet spring. I swear, it rained nearly every day that spring. The ground was so wet, them racetrack folks was forced to hired out local mules ta do some of the work 'cause them heavy tractors was ruttin' up the place too much. Anyway, old Maudeen seen something one day and set off after it. At first I didn't know what she was chasin then it dawned on me, she saw that pretty green Astroturf they got there around the concession stand area. As soon as Maudeen got there, she started chewing on that fake grass quick as a wink until I runned over there and pulled her off it. It weren't her fault though. That there was the perrtiest lookin' grass she'd ever seen.

That does kind of sound like Maudeen-thanks for sharing! I got a grin out of that story! If you (or any other Dukes or non-Dukes such as Boss and Rosco) have any more of Maudeen, please share them. :p

Daisy, how do you feel about the boys always driving your Jeep? I've never seen you drive their car if they are in the vehicle. And, they always jump in your vehicle and assume they are to drive it. Does that upset you? (no offense, guys!)

Jesse: You and Boss Hogg used to be good friends it sounds like. Does it hurt that he's turned against you?

Thanks,

Laura Duke