Davenport Family Reunion:Shes Back!!

LoriDavenport

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lori scooted away from Luke and knew from his tone of voice when Beth answered he wanted Dixie too, Lori still wasn't sure of his feelings for her.She didn't feel like arguing with him though. Luke rolled over slinging his arms drunkingly over her and letting his head rest on her shoulder, she tried to shrug him off but didn't have the heart too.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

That next morning, Cooter was downstairs already, his hangover had hit him and he felt bad. Lori was downstairs already working. Cooter looked to him for the look he gave to her that-yer pregnant you shouldn't work- look. She knew what he was gonna say so she answered him,"Well someone has t' be the SOBER one of the bunch!"

Cooter knew she was in a raw mood this morning, her morning sickness hit her and was gone but still had the aftershocks. She climbed back up, making a new pot of coffee for Bo and Luke. When Luke got up he saw her and scratched his head, he walked over to her and kissed her temple,"Morning sunshine."

Lori shrugged him off and walked to the back, she dressed in a larger sized sundress and walked out with her hair up,"Im going to the lake to think, I'll be back before Little Luke gets home to fix supper."

Luke.............

Luke said, "Lori, I told a where I was going. Turn down ten girls in the Tri - States and came home with you and Bo." Luke thought, 'What could I have done wrong?' then said, "So, what are you going to the lake to think about?"

Lori looked to Luke,"I know you did Luke I aint blind, I trust ya, just things to think on, I reckon if you can escape to deal with yer problems and feelings so can I."

Luke thought for a few minutes, "Lori I don't have a problem with you having time to yourself. Really, I don't and I'd lilke to thank you for last night. Bo needed me and I was able to be there like I used to be able to. I really miss that!"

Lori........

Lori humped her shoulders,"Aint no one stoppin ya go on..... you don't love me...and quite frankly Im fed up with this moping act you put on everytime Dixie either isn't included in something or like fer instance last night she didn't answer the farm's phone, and you wanted her too."

Lori picked Luke's hand up, showing him the wedding band,"See this, yer still with her, why are you here with me?"

Lori dropped his hand and rolled her eyes, heading out the door. Luke.......

Konrad wandered into the kitchen looking like something the cat dragged in with his blood shot eyes and slightly green appearance.

"I need coffee and two asprin"

B.L put him a cup of coffee and two asprin on the table glaring at him.

"serves you right for gettin' fallin' down drunk last night!"

Konrad cringed at her loud town and muttered pitifully

"Please don't yell B."

B.L humphed and left him to recupreate he was sadly mistaken if he thought he'd get any sympathy from her.

Luke looked down and for the first time in months realized he was still wearing his wedding band from where he and Dixie were married nearly six years ago. He had promised that night NEVER to take it off unless his job or work caused it to be a danger. He had never taken it off up til now. It was then he heard the Midnight rider fire up. Luke ws out the door, down the steps and over the banister before she got turned around. "Lori. Lori, da--IT!

WAIT!" He was in front of the car! Her only option was to hit him or stop.

Lori skidded it to a hault and climbed out cussing him every breath,"Luke!! YOU AINT GOT SENSE THAT GOD GAVE A GOOSE!!"

Luke asked, "Lori, WHAT the HE-- did I do NOW?" He never realized he still had the ring on. His head hurt. Bo was stil there he wasn't ready for this sh--!

Lori turned blood red,"WHAT IN THE HE-- DIDNT YOU FU----- DO!!!"

Luke looked to her, she'd never used that word a day in he rlife.

Lori wrinkled her nose like she did when she was mad,"DID YOU NOT HEAR ME UP THERE!! NO PROBABLY NOTM YER TOOO DA-- HUNGOVER TOO!!!! EVERYTIME I TRY TO TALK TO YOU, GO SOMEWHERES WITH YOU, ITS ALWAYS NO, IM ASHAMED OF MYSELF!!!!!! WELL DA-- IM TIRED OF IT!!!! I TOLD YOU IF YOU LOVED DIXIE THEN GO!!! I AINT STOPPIN YA!!!! IM TIRED OF TRYING!!!!! I'VE TRIED TO MAKE YOU HAPPY, AND IVE TRIED TO SATSFY YOU THE RESPOMSE I GET BACK IS SOMETHING YOU MOPE AROUND ABOUT ABOUT DIXIE!!!!!"

Cooter looked and walked to the back of the garage.

Luke......

Luke looked at her like she were from Mars, "What the He-- are you talking about? I thought we had this wettled yesturday, but today you are on a totally different rant!"

Lori flew mad,"Ohhh sure just like a man to NOT know what a woman is talking about!!! Luke I aint stupid, ya know I may act like it and look it, at times, but I aint completely idiotic!!! we got the TRUST part worked out yesterday, and I said I trusted you. What I was talking about up there, god love yer heart fer being soo dang hungover this morning, is yer feelings you have towrds me!! they aint what they use to be, anyone with eyes can see that, blood shot or not!"

Luke looked at her in disbelief, "Darlin' what are you talking about? I love you. I just got up and you're giving me sh-- for something."

Lori rolled her eyes and looked to him,"Ohh for god sakes Luke, I notice these small things that you mope about about Dixie, like again fer instance, last night.. then i find you when Im talking to you thinking of other things and not even paying attention to what im saying."

She then looked to his hand and saw the ring was gone,"Were'd it go to ?"

Luke looked down to his finger,"I took it off, If it bothered you that much I wouldve taken it off sooner, I forgot about it though," Lori half smiled,"Thats not it Luke, it never bothered me, well it did but that don't matter."

Luke sighed,"Im only gonna explain this once more to ya honey, I love you with all my heart, I always have, always will. I always will love Dixie too and there will be times I'll talk about her or think about her. But I think of you too!"

Ohhh that really helped Lori. Lori got in,"Move Luke, im still going to the lake, I gotta think these things through."

Luke slammed his fists on th ecar,"Da-- it Lori!, well promise you'll come back to me and we can spend some time alone together so i can tell you and show you I love you."

Lori nodded pulling out going to the lake.

Luke went upstairs Bo asked him,"What was that about?"

Luke replied..........

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori was actually speeding throuhg tthe roads again, having fun! she pulled up to the lake and got out, spreading the coverm she sat down with the winf blowing her brunette hair around, she played some songs on her guitar.

Luke replied, "Bo wouldyou believe, I don't knwo exactly. I mean we were good last night. I know it had something to do with the wedding band, which I took off, but I really have no clue."

Bo looked at him, "Sh--! Luke I thought you had it made with a girlfriend and a wife. Guess I was wrong!"

Luke laughed, "Yeah, Dead wrong."

Lori decided to take a swim, She took her clothes off and dived in. the warm water hit her stomach, she could feel a little flutter inside her. The baby was growing and she felt it, not big movements but she felt it. She smiled diving in under, the water seemed to have washed away her problems, she saw Luke and Bo drive by, they were going to the boars nest to get the general lee. Lori smiled, Luke saw the Midnight Rider and smiled to himself, he could talk to Lori there. He pulled in at the Boar's Nest and let Bo out, saying he'll meet him here later. Luke then pulled out and headed for hound dog lake. When he got there Lori was on the far end swimming Luke decided to wait for her to come back. Lori saw him and swam over to the ledge as quick as she could. When she rested her arms and head on the banks looking to Luke, she sighed. Luke rubbed back her wet hair and smiled to her...............

Luke rubbed back her wet hair and smiled to her.he said, "This reminds me of years ago. Lori, I love you, why can' t you just accept that and not make me prove it 27 times a day every day. Lord knows I ain't perfect but I ain't Lucifer himself either." He knew he was going to get a mouth full. He likely deserved it but he was getting tired of professing a love that was only doubted."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Beth woke to an empty bed. She wondered when Bo would be home..................

Lori thought back to then and smiled,"Yea it does, I dont know Luke I just I got mixed feelings about these things, I got my heart broken by Billy Ray and I never ever really trusted no one with my heart, cept fer you..."

Lori jumped up out of the water and wrapped the towel around her. Luke knew Billy Ray, he was still pissed at him to this day that he'd want to marry Lori and then leave her. Lori sat down beisde of Luke and took his hand,"Guess what??"

Luke looked to her with his eyes gleamong a beautiful blue,"What?"

Lori smiled,"I felt the baby, well not move persay, but flutter more like it."

Luke leaned over and kissed her. Lori let the towel drop and got back in the water, pulling Luke in. She laughed,"Now this is more like it use to be!"

Luke..............

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo had returned home to find Uncle Jesse and Beth standing at the door with worry written all over their faces.....

Luke replied, "Yeah, but I want to feel."

Lori placed his hand on her slightly round belly. He waited hoping to feel his little move............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Bo crosse the room to Beth, "I love you Sunshine. Really I do."He decided to tell Uncle Jesse what he already knew but Bo had no idea that he knew, "Uncle Jesse number six is on its way!" Bo said patting Beth's belly.

She didn't know what the night out with the guys did, but Bo was sure more receptive to the idea of a another child today than he had been in weeks.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile at Cooter's BL was.......................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori placed his hand on her slightly round belly. He waited hoping to feel this little movement, the minute he placed his hand on her stomach, he could barely feel it but he felt it though. He smiled to Lori and wrapped his arms around her, picking her straight up out of the water. Lori smiled and kissed him. They were rudely interuppeted by Rosco, he saw the cars parked by the road and decided they were loitering on county property. When Lori saw Rosco, she laughed,"Now it really is like old times."

Luke smiled, they climbed out Lori drying off, and hurrying to put her clothes on. Luke looked to her and said,"Ok well that takes care of you, but uhh im still wet!!"

Lori laughed taking his hand they quietly walked straight up in behind Rosco. Luke climbed in the truck quiet as a mouse while Lori distracted Rosco. Loir smiled and tapped Rosco's shoulder,"Howdy Rosco!!! come fer a swim too!!"

Rosco jumped 20 feet in the air,"No I didn't, but thats against the law to be swimmimg in this lake, its....."

Lori stopped him,"County property, yea yea same story.."

Rosco got mad,"Khee Khee!! shame shame everyone knows yer name, im gonna have to arrest ya, again."

Luke was biting back laughter. He saw Enos coming and looked to Lori motioning her to hurry. Lori nodded,"Well you gotta do what ya gotta do, just bring those cuffs over here..."

Lori walked with Rosco to the door, when Rosco went to cuff her, she rolled her eyes,"Here let me Rosco."

She took the cuffs, cuffing Rosco's hand to the door handle. Lori smiled and climbed in Midnight Rider, holding her thumb up to Luke, they both pulled out. Rosco noticed it was Luke and got even madder. Enos came barreling by when they pulled out. Enos stopped and got out,"Sherriff!! sheriff!!! you alright?!!"

Rosco threw his free hand up at Enos,"Im fine you dipstick, just get them two and cuff em' and stuff em'!!!!"

Enos nodded saying,"Yes'sir sheriff!!!"

Enos ran back to his patrol car with anything but grace and got in speeding off in the direction after Luke and Lori.

Lori smiled as she was right in behind Luke. She got on the CB as she saw Enos in her rearview mirror,"Hey Luke, we got some company!"

Luke nodded looking back in his rearview mirror at Midnight and the patrol car. There was two cutoffs up ahead, Lori held out to fingers, ina scirror like motion, Luke knew what it meant, he went one way Lori went another. Enos went straight down the middle, plowing into a tree. Lori and Luke both yellerd out,"Woo!!"

They met back up at the garage, laughing to each other. Luke put his arm around Lori, Cooter looked to them both,"Don't tell em ya'll broke something else did ya?"

Lori shook her head,"No sir, we didn't. But we did get to feel the baby, not move, but flutter."

Luke was still overwhelmed with the feeling, he'd never gotten to feel that with Lori before and it felt new to him all the same. Cooter smiled and walked over to her, placing his hand the opposite of Luke's. Lori staggered back a bit looking to them,"Well fellers am I wearing a sign that says 'touch me' "

They smiled to her both saying in unison,"Yea"

Lori nodded,"Ok, you say so."

As they stood there, the baby fluttered again, both of them felt it, yet again, barely though. Cooter smiled and patted her stomach gently. "Number two coming up!"

Lori nodded.

Cooter then noticed that Luke AND Lori was wet he had to ask,"Ok so you go from a bed to a lake now or something?? or do I even wanna know fellas?"

Luke smiled saying...........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile at Cooter's BL was.......................

Luke smiled saying, "You're right! You don't want to know!" Luke laughed.

Cooter called out, "Hey take it easy on that old bed frame now. The welds are better than the frame was!"

That reminded Luke, "Hey Cooter, you know the 'Y' out just befor eyou get to the lake?"

"Yeah." Cooter said.

"Enos may need a wrecker about now." Luke said as he went to get dry.

Cooter laughed, "OK, so let me guess ya'll been out drumming up buisness again. Like I don't have enough work here!"

Luke and Lori laughed as they closed the door.

Meanwhile at Cooter's BL was tapping her foot arms crossed giving Konrad a look so mean if looks could kill he'd drop dead right where he stood.

"You leave here going out with the fellas for a few beers,that's fine. BUT then you come home drunk as a skunk that don't bother me either. I draw the line though DA**** at hanging all over my cousin not Dixie but LORI the WHORE OF HAZZARD!"

Konrad held up his hands in surrender and tried to placate B.L

"B it wasn't like that I was drunk and Lori was just bringing me home. I'd never step out on you."

B.L: "Sure as he** didn't look so innocent to me! What I saw was you with a sh**y grin on your face hanging all over my cousin and her with her arms around you!"

Konrad shook his head she wasn't gonna listen to him in this mood no matter how much he tried to tell her what she saw wasn't the way she saw it. Throwing up his hands in defeat Konrad stalked off toward B.L's car calling back to her.

"I need a ride to the Boar's Nest to get my car, if that's not asking too much!"

He got in the car and waited for her, in the car B.L glared at him briefly before starting the motor and pulling out for the Boar's Nest. Not a word was spoken between the two the whole ride there and when they got there Konrad got out and looked back at B.L through the window saying...

"I'll be at the garage helping out if you need me"

Well this statement just made B.L madder she almost had smoke coming out of her ears she was so mad. B.L snarled and growled saying non too quietly

"THE GARAGE WHERE LORI IS SEE I KNEW IT SHE'S GOT YOU TOO!!"

With those parting words B.L sped off back toward home and Konrad got into his own car heading the opposite direction toward town, the garage and he hoped peace and quiet without being ranted at by a pregnant woman. Pulling up at the garage Konrad noticed nobody was there except Midnight he went into the garage and got a beer out of the refriderator before getting to work on a car that was there just something to take his mind off his troubles while he waited for Cooter to get back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile upstairs Luke and Lori were..........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the farm B.L was cussing a blue streak as she scrubbed the kitchen floor by hand something she only did when she was really pissed and needed to let off some steam.

Meanwhile upstairs Luke and Lori were acting like two couples should. Lori went in and got Luke some clothes and and went to the bathroom handing them to him. It was right about time for Little Luke to get home, so they couldn't have any fun, least not til tonight.

Little Luke stepped off the bus and smiled to Konrad,"Hey Uncle Konrad,"

He said with a chipper tone. Lori heard him downstairs and smiled. She walked out starting supper. She heard Konrad down there, and not B.L that worried her, alot!! Lori had already ran from the law one time, she didn't want to run from B.L, who was worser, again!!

Cooter got in and told Konrad he'd be back, as he headed off to go get Enos. Lori smiled when she saw Luke step out of the bathroom. He smiled to her and walked over kissing her. He looked downstairs and said,"Call me when supper's ready darlin, Im gonna go see whats on Konrad's mind."

Lori nodded, patting Luke on the back. She then turned back to the stove and stirred some soup. Luke stepped down and looked to Little Luke,"Hey son, why don't ya go help yer momma with supper? I hear she's needin an extra set of hands up there."

Little Luke nodded, smiling to Konrad. He then made his way upstairs to his momma.

Luke looked to Konrad and asked him,"Let me guess, B.L thinks Lori was tryin to take you away from her?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke looked to Konrad and asked him,"Let me guess, B.L thinks Lori was tryin to take you away from her?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Konrad nodded with a pained expression on his face and told Luke

"Yeah she's either been giving me looks that could kill or yellin' at me all day. I had all I could take and told her I was comin' here for a while."

Luke gave him a sympathetic look and patted his shoulder saying

"Sorry about that, don't worry though she'll cool down it's just the hormones talkin'."

Konrad rubbed his hands over his face still suffering slightly from his hangover or maybe it was B.L's screeching the reason his head still hurt either way it was the same result he had a splitting headache.

"I sure hope so or it ain't gonna be safe for me ta sleep in that house tonight she's liable ta slit my throat." Konrad was only about half joking he wasn't sure what B.L might be capable of the way she'd been ranting.

Luke..........

Luke laughed, "You know these Davenport women. They are a handful." Luke decided he needed to try to call about work before dinner. "Hey guys I'll be back in a few minutes I got to go make a call." Lori watched as Luke picked up the phone to call Base Camp. When the phone wsa answered, Luke knew it was Randy on the other end. "Randy this is Luke. Yeah, I'm good. I've got the clear to go back from my doctor. Now, what do I have to do to get clear there to go bck to jumping?" Luke was the Senior Smoke Jumper but Randy had been with the Smoke Jumpers longer and knew what to tell Luke to do to get the process started.

Randy told Luke that he needed to come in and see the doctor that he had to be cleared by each season for routine physicals. Then, he'd likely be put into a class of new Smoke Jumpers likely helping teach them until he was able to build up the strenght in his leg to be able to take landing on it again.

Luke knew what this meant and he knew Lori wasn't going to like it AT ALL, but she would have to get used to it. Because after this week they had a new class of Smoke Jumpers starting their jump training, Luke would be gone at least for a couple weeks of the class from early Monday morning until late Friday afternoon. He knew he needed to do this now and get it over with to get back to work. But, he also knew that he wanted to be back in Hazzard when Dixie went into labor. He knew she still had awhile, but he wasn't sure how long it would take him to be cleared either. He was going to have to talk to her. He figured he'd drive down and see the doctor and Randy maybe tomorrow and he planned to offer to take Lori and Little Luke with him since they weren't too familiar with his job. He hung up the phone and saw Lori waiting with questioning eyes.

Luke sighed, "I need to go in and see the doctor there. Then, we go from there." He purposely avoided the part about then being gone all week for at least two or three weeks. He would get to that later. "Would you and Luke like to go with me? I can show ya'll around let you meet everyone AND update the emergency contacts."

Lori smiled. He really wanted her to meet the othr guys. She sometimes felt like he was ashamed of her and their situation. "I think changing the contacts is a great idea. Sure we'll go. It won't hurt for Luke to miss on day of school."

Luke nodded, "Jesse loved it! But, that day he also got to see me do a practice jump with a new class." Luke got up and walked to the door, as he stepped through it he called back, "I'm going to check the mail. Need anything?"

Lori smiled, and said, "No, I'm good." She thought back to their previous talk. He really did tell her where he was going without her having to ask. It had been hard for her not to ask though when he had mention Little Jesse then got up so quickly, but she had held her tongue.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At the post office Ms. Tizedale gave Luke the mail after checking his identification and calling Cooter to check to see if he could pick up the mail for the garage. On his way back to the garage Luke noticed a rather large envelope that had a return address from "Hazzazrd Circuit Clerk" that was addressed to him. When he saw it, it wsa almost like someone kicked him right in the stomach. He even felt his knees almost buckle at the realization of the finality of his and Dixie's marriage. He knew that the envelope would contain the date of the divorce hearing. He took a seat on a bench in town square to open the envelope in private. He stared at the notice of hearing. He thought all the way back to the fifteen year old Dixie walked into the garage in Cooter's shirt and Hazzard Garage ball cap with her ponytail sticking out. His next thought was of the same fifteen year old walking into the same garage wanting permission to go out on a date dressed in a skirt and blouse looking all of twenty. At the time of both incidents Luke however, didn't know she was only fifteen just that she was Cooter's little sister. The second incident is the first time Luke had noticed her for herself not just Cooter's sister. Luke continued to set and watch the memories of their lives together flash before his eyes.

Loir had supper finished and had Little Luke cleaned up to eat. She ate hers quick as there was a box of things she had just found. She looked down below to see Cooter and Konrad there. No sign of Luke yet, ehh he'd be back soon enough she figured. When Lori walked in to their bedroom she pulled the box out from underneath the bed and opened the lid to find letters and pictures of her and Billy Ray. Lori quickly hid the box in under the bed and walke dout the door, if Luke found that box, she'd be screwed. How did that miss that when they, well broke the bed. Lori walked out her face pale. She could hear Luke down below he made it back. Lori went and sat on the couch.

Luke.........

Lori quietly told herself it'd be alright and she'd do fine. Just as long as she didn't open her big mouth.

Luke looked to Cooter and sighed holding up the papers. Cooter looked to him,"Alls I can say is, bes be making yer mind up son...I can't help ya with this one."

Luke sighed,"Cooter, I don't think mine and Lori's relationship is as strong as what it use to be, I mean I love her with all my heart but I don't think our relationship is strong enough to handle me being at work as long as I have to."

Cooter shook a little,"Well I aint the one who has to deal with Luther AND Bobby Lee if you hurt her, now am I?"

Luke shook his head,"No you aint, I gotta talk to her about court too, as you can see I got the papers."

Cooter sighed. Luke stayed downstairs with them for a little while longer, Lori began to clean the house, her face was white as snow. Luke saw her and shook his head,"Now Lori..."

He then looked to her she had her eyes widened and her face pale.

"Lor, darlin' ya alright?"

Lori.............

After Luke went upstairs Konrad looked at his watch and decided he'd better go home and check on B.L as he made his way out the door he called back to Cooter a hand raised in farewell.

"See ya at home Coot!"

Cooter called back chuckling

"Yeah see ya there Kon hey don't let B hit ya over the head with a frying pan as ya come in the door."

Konrad ignored the teasing and left going home, when he got there he found B.L sitting on the couch looking tame as a kitten instead of the sore tailed cat she'd been that morning. He sat down beside her putting a hand on her knee, B.L looked at him and said quietly.....

"I'm sorry I was so mean this morning, I shouldn't have accused you of doing anything with Lori I know better than that you'd never do that to me."

Konrad leaned over and kissed her softly

"It's ok must have looked pretty bad with me too drunk to stand on my own."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Back at the garage.........