Davenport Family Reunion:Shes Back!!

LoriDavenport

Cooter and Konrad was still in shock after everything was over they had watched with B.L as Luke had tore out of there in the loaner. Then they looked at B.L still a little stunned Cooter looked really stunned to him B.L was the most docile of the three Davenport girls that is until you got her riled. He opened his mouth and closed it like a fish a coupla times and finally managed to ask.

"Where'd you learn them words?"

B.L just looked at Cooter for a few seconds like he was the dumb as a brick before answering him sassily with a smirk.

"Oh come on Cooter I'm not as sweet and innocent as I look."

Before Cooter could say anything else all their attention was pulled back over to the court house as Rosco pulled up and lead a handcuffed Luke inside. Once inside Luke was booked and printed before being allowed to make his call. The phone rang and Lori answered it was Luke.

Luke said hesitantly....

"Uh Lori sweetheart I'....I'm in jail"

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"What?" exclaimed Lori. "What for?" He half wished he'd called Jesse instead of Lori.

Luke sighed again, "Can we talk about that later? You know Rosco'e in a hurry to get me behind bars."

Lori sighed, "I'll be right there." she hung up the phone. "Sh--!" She said as she went to tell Cooter where she was going.

Luke was placed in the cell by a gloating Rosco. "I love it, just love it!"

Luke wasn't in the mood for him right now.

Rosco added, "Judge won't be in until morning too."

Luke stood looking at the bars, "Figures!"

Lori rushed in hoping to post bond to bond Luke out..........

Lori rushed in hoping to post bond to bond Luke out, When Rosco marched up,"You'll have to wait!! Judge aint gonna be here til morning!!! Khee Khee!! I love ti I love it!!"

Lori rolled her eyes and passed Rosco heading downstairs to see Luke in behind bars, she crossed her arms and raised an eyebrow,"Welp you've done it now aint ya Lukas?"

Luke swallowed and half smiled,"Reckon so."

Lori shook her head and walked over to him looking through the bars to him,"Luke, what did you do?"

Luke looked to her and said,"Well I uh....got into a fight with Billy Ray....over you."

Lori was half flatterd and half angry at the statement,"Luke!!!! dang it!!! why??!!!! why do yo ualways go finding trouble!!!??"

Luke looked down and then back to her,"Cause, if you wasn't gonna let him know he shouldn't be touching you then I was!!!!"

Lori rolled her eyes,"You better be glad the judge aint gonna be here til morning, honey cause ill kill you when you get out!!, you take a simple gesture from someone and turn it into something complicated!!!!"

Luke sighed............

Luke sighed, "I didn't turn anything into something complicated. I just told him that we were together...."

Rosco added, "So that's why you threw the first punch, huh?" He giggled.

Lori yelled, "You did WHAT?"

Luke said, "Thanks a lot Rosco!" Then he turned to Lori noticing for the first time she was wearing a necklace he'd given her years ago. "Where in the world did that come from?" He asked about he necklace.

Lori.........

Lori looked down at the necklace and smiled,"From mine and yer's box I had, its got yer jacket you let me wear in it and all the notes you wrote to me, I found this in the back of my jewelry box that I had put up soo long ago."

Luke smiled and reached his hand out to look at it closer, Lori smiled looking to Rosco,"ROSCO!!!!! MY LORD AINT YA EVER HEARD OF PRIVACY FER CRYING OUT LOUD???!"

Rosco nearly jumped a foot, climbing back up the stairs he mumbled in under his breath. Lori then turned back to Luek and sighed,"You threw the first punch??"

Luke nodded,"Yes'um I did, sweetheart, me and you've been threw soo much and I do ya think I wanna lose you after this with Dixie?"

Lori looked down,"No I don't. well maybe this short time away from each other will give us time to sort out what we feel."

Luke looked to her,"Yea, I knwo Im certain of one feeling, I love you."

Lori had a tear in her eye, for the first time she could see the passion in Luke's eyes, this time he meant it.

Lori nodded,"I love you too darlin."

Lori kissed Luke through the bars and walked away, "See ya tomorrow."

Luke nodded, he headed back to the familiar bunk and laid looking to the ceiling.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori walked slowly up the steps and into hers and Luke's room. She pulled both boxes out and began reading notes from Luke and from Billy Ray.

one of Luke's was when they had been dating a year and it was their anniversary, the other was from Billy Ray when he was in the Navy. She couldn't choose, in her heart she knew her and Luke had been through he-- and Luke left his wife to be with her!! but then there was Billy Ray who had came back to see her after all these years. Lori..........

Lori put both boxes of things back into the closet. She needed to think. She really would like to talk to someone, but there was only one person she could think of. She reached for the phone.

The familiar old voice said, "Duke Farm."

Lori smiled, "Uncle Jesse is Dixie there?"

Jesse replied, "No, she 's not."

"Good." Lori replied, "I was thinking about bringing Little Luke over but I didn't want a scene."

Jesse replied, "Actually, I just happen to be alone right now." This was a rarity these days.

Lori nodded, "Sounds good we'll be over in a few minutes."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Once at Jesse's Lori sent Little Luke to the front yard to play where they could see him from the porch.

Jesse got them both a glass of ice tea and said, "Looks like the little one is starting to grow."

Lori smiled but blushed just the same. She was wearing stretchy pants and a large T-shirt, "Ah, yeah it is. Won't be able to wear these much longer." She looked down at the porch.

Jesse waited.

Lori began, "Luke's in jail."

Uncle Jesse looked down,"What fer??"

Lori looked to him,"Him and uhh Billy Ray got into it over me."

Uncle Jesse nodded,"I see, Billy Ray's back huh?"

Lori nodded,"yea, cause of me."

Lori sighed,"Uncle Jesse I love Luke with every breath in me and Id move heaven and earth for him, you'd think this would be an easy decision to make since Billy Ray came back but it aint."

Uncle Jesse looked to Lori and said," Lori as much as I want to help yo uhoney, i cant. they only advice I can give you is the same I gave Luke and Dixie, you have to make the right choice that feels right to you, but in yer case you'll have to make it fast, on account of the divorce."

Lori nodded and looked to the wise old man, she began to cry as she reached over to hug him,"I miss this Uncle Jesse.... I miss you."

Uncle Jesse nodded,"s'alright darlin."

Lori looked to her stomach as Uncle Jesse placed his hand on it,"Well, you can feel it some, got us another Duke to carry on our pride dont we?"

Lori smiled and giggled a little, she looked out to the children playing and smiled more. She got up after setting for a couple of hours and smiled to Uncle Jesse hugging him,"Thanks Uncle Jesse."

Uncle Jesse smiled watching the two leave.

He then got in to go to the jail to talk to Luke when he arrived, he saw Luke behind the bars and soflty said,"Luke."

Luke, hearing his voice, instantly got up and went to the bars...........

Luke, hearing his voice, instantly got up and went to the bars, he looked at Jesse and then looked at teh floor.

Jesse asked, "Want to talk about it?"

Luke smiled a weak smile and nodded, "Not much really to talk about. Billy Ray showed up, I let him know Lori and I was together. Then, I called her down. She LET him 'pet' her hair......"

Jesse saw Luke's jaw set as he visibly tensed.

Luke continued, "She let him do it right in front of me. We all had words. Billy Ray left. Lori and I had momre words, I went for a drive and happened to see HIS Car." Luke hissed, "At the Boar's Nest. So I stopped."

Jesse stated, "You went looking for a fight?"

Luke looked to the floor again, "Yeah, you could say that. Well, I found it right about the time Rosco walked in. So I'm here as usual. Billy Ray ran out like the chicken he is."

Jesse sighed, "Luke.....

Jesse sighed, "Luke, you don't go looking for fights....I want to ask you a question, how do you think Lori feels about you?"

Luke looked to Uncle Jesse and sighed,"She said she loves me, but I dont know now."

Uncle Jesse nodded,"She does Luke, but I feel as if you saw her LET him 'pet' her, Luke you broke her heart then and she found someone who she thought would mend it back, now think of that situation as you being in Lori's shoes then, what would you have done when you saw yer old flame right there in frotn of you after all these years?"

Luke choked up the words alittle,"You mean like at the Boar's Nest about 6 years ago now? Like when Dixie came back?"

Uncle Jesse nodded,"When Lori found out she was back, you remember her reaction to everything now don't ya?"

Luke looked down,"Y...yea just like mine."

Uncle Jesse nodded."Thats right."

Luke.............

Luke looked Jesse in the eyes, "So, I'm being a jerk?"

Jesse almost laughed, "No, son, you're not being a jerk. Possessive though, very possessive."

Luke nodded, "Yeah, I guess. But, Hell, I get bi---ed at for thinking of Dixie, let alone touching her!"

"Maybe all three of you are being too possessive." Jesse said.

Luke looked to Jesse and said, "Three? He--, sure ain't seen Dixie acting possessive. She's the one who filed for divorce."

Jesse asked, "Isn't that what you want?"

"Yes!" Luke paused, "No. Hell, I just plan don't know especially right now!" he said more in frustration than in actual truth!

Jesse nodded,"Well if you figure it out let us know, by the way Dixie does still care."

Little to Uncle Jesse and Luke's surprise, Lori had been listenin in on the conversation, see she was on her way home so she decided to stop by and see Luke. That hit her, real hard.

Lori marched in the jail and saw Uncle Jesse walk by, he looked to her and shook his head, walking out. He took Little Luke with him and got in the truck pulling out.

Lori looked to Luke through gritted teeth,"SO YU DIDNT WANT THE DIVORCE DID YA???? FIGURE YOU COULD JUST STRING ME ALONG AND EVERYHTING WILL BE A--OK!!!! I'VE HAD ABOUT ALL I CAN STAND OF THIS!!!!!!"

Luke looked down,da-- she'd heard it. Lori picked up the phone and dialed dixie's number, she stared at Luke the whole time,"Hello?"

Dixie answered. Lori almost yelled but said firmly,"Dixie you care soo much about Luke, you can have him, I've had enough go to the lawyer and cancel the divorce by the time you do I'll have Little Luke and i'll be gone."

Dixie was shocked, and happy at once. She hung up and caught herself running out the door, Luke..........

Luke glared at Lori and said, "Lori don't. Please don't."

Lori replied, "Too late!"

Luke nodded, "Going to Billy Ray ain't ya? Using the fact you heard Jesse tell me my wife still cares about me as the reason to go where you wanted to in the first place!"

Lori........................

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie was out the door and heading toward Jesse's to see if he knew what would bring on this from Lori. She wanted more information before even considering anything further.

Lori walke dover to the bars and reached through picking a grown man striaght up off his feet,"HE-- NO!!!! I TOLD YOU I LOVED YOU DA--!! I MEANT IT, YOU DIDN'T, AND GOD KNOWS I DONT WANT YOU PROFESSIN YOUR "LOVE" TO ME ANYMORE, PROFESS IT TO DIXIE, WERE YOU WANTED TO GO TO IN THE FIRST PLACE!!!!!"

she dropped him on his feet and stood there breathing hard,"YEA I JUST MAY GO BACK T' BILLY RAY SEEMS TO ME HISTORY IS REPEATING ITSELF ALLLL OVER AGAIN!!!!!!". Luke.........

~~~~~~~~~~

Uncle Jesse pulled in letting Little Luke out,he saw Dixie almost running out to him,"Stop!! don't go there Dixie, I reckon Billy Ray came back and Luke thinks Lori wants to be with him, Luke doesn't know if he want the divorce or not, Lori overheard it and flew off the handle, so yea it probably is going to end up you and Luke back together, who knows these days, I know that ya'll is going to run me ragged and im going to kill over, never in my life have I seen three CHILDREN act likethis before!!!!!"

Dixie looked to Uncle Jesse who stomped in the house she............

Dixie looked to Uncle Jesse who stomped in the house. She followed him inside. Looking a bit less excited. Dixie gave Jesse a few minutes to calm down, then asked, "So, what do you think I should do?"

Jesse sighed, "Have a glass of tea, calm down, and give it sometime."

Dixie replied, "Ok. You know I want him back but I don't want to go through this again if he changes his mind again. I don't think I could handle it."

Lori looked to him and glared,"I dont want to hear what you have to say anymore. Just to prove to you I don't want Billy Ray, im leaving Hazzard."

Luke shook his head,"Id have to see it to believe it."

Lori smirked,"Just wait and watch then."

She then turned around and headed up the stairs. When she got out she burnt rubber on the street pulling out. Luke knew she WAS serious this time, Da-- it!! he'd let someone who he'd threw his entire life away to be with just walk out and leave. He had to think quick..........

Lori then pulled out and headed to the farm as she figured Uncle Jesse had him. When she pulled in she saw Dixie and Uncle Jesse both out on the porch. She gently got out and walked over to Little Luke,"C'mon darlin, we have to go somewheres for we leave to go back to Uncle Luther's fer a little bit."

Little Luke, of course proteseted. Lori sighed and picked him up gently putting him through the window, buckling him in. Dixie looked to lori with a shi--- grin on,"So it is true!"

Lori looked to Dixie and flipped her off,"Ya reckon?????!!!" *sacastically speaking here*

Dixie's mouth dropped open, Lori climbed in and pulled out, she wasn't leaving..yet.

Jesse watch Lori pull out. "Well, I guess she was serious."

Dixie said, "Yeah. I guess she was." This actually pleased her. "Do you think I should go talk to Luke?"

Jesse said, "I think I'd give him some time."

Dixie nodded. She really didn't want to wait but understood Luke needed time. She wasn't wanting to get him back just because he didn't want to be alone.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile Luke was kicking himself for Lori leaving. He layed on the bunk and thought.

Lori drove back to Cooter's to get hers and Little Luke's things that she had had packed already, she made that trip before she went to get little Luke. She tossed everything down, Cooter shook his head, Lori put everything in the back and went to call Billy Ray. what she had to say to him wasn't pleasant at all. She called to the hotel and asked fer his room nu,ber when he answered she swore,"THANKS BILLY RAY, YOU JUST COST ME EVERYTHING I'VE WORKED HARD TO GET!!!!! IF YOU ONLY KNEW HOW MUCH TROUBLE ME AND LUKE WENT THROUGH, THEN YOU WOULDN'T HAVE EVEN BOTHERED TO COME!!!!!!! I SWEAR IF I EVER GET MY HANDS ON YOU ILL KILL YOU!!!!"

Billy Ray hung up on her and decided it was best he left Hazzard. Lori looked to Cooter and handed him 200$ in cash,"Here this is Luke's bail money."

She then turned away and climbed in Little Luke screaming to the tops oh is little lungs. Lori pulled out and left Hazzard. Crying she looked once more and shook her head.

Luke heard her and shouted,"DA-- IT SHE WASN'T LYING!!!!"

Luke then decided..............

Luke then decided that he would give himself some time to think about what he truely wanted. He thought if he went after Lori she'd just keep going. He felt if he went back to Dixie it may not be the right move either. He would call Jesse in the morning and see if he'd come bond him out. Then, he'd go back to Cooter's for awhile and see what happened from there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie waited until morning before going to the jail. She hoped to get there before the judge did. She was prepared to bond Luke out but she wanted to talk to him first.

Lori was back at home with Luther talking things out with him. Little Luke was depressed, back in his old bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter went to the jail and saw the judge and Dixie there. The judge had set the bond to $200. Cooter handed him the money. Dixie looked to Cooter surpirsed and asked,"Were'd you get that money from cousin??

Cooter looked to her and sighed,"Ain't mine, Lori gave it to me to bond Luke out."

Dixie shook her head,"Why did I even bother..."

Cooter looked to her,"I don't know why you did either,"

Cooter then walked out and headed to the garage. Rosco walked down and let Luke out, he walked up to the top seeing Dixie, thanking her for bonding him, Dixie looked to him,"Wasn't me, it was Lori."

Luke........

Luke looked confused. "Lori? How?"

Dixie said, "Seems she sent the money by Cooter."

Luke nodded and sighed.

Dixie said, "Lori called me yesturday."

Luke nodded and said, "I know she called from the jail."

"And?" Dixie asked.

Luke replied, "And, what?"

Dixie said, "I'd just like to know where I stand."

Luke replied, "Well, I'm going back to go to the garage."

Dixie nodded, "Still not coming home?"

Luke asked, "Is that really an option?"

Dixie nodded, "I'd like that if its what you want, but Luke I can't go through this again so please make da-- sure what you want." She turned to go down the courthouse steps and suddenly gasped as a pain hit her and she doubled over.

Luke.......

Luke ran out to her and rubbed her back softly,"Need Doc?"

Dixie stood up straight as the pain eased up,"No I'm fine now."

Luke nodded, helping her into the vehicle and closing her door, Dixie shook her head and drove back to the farm. Luke walked down to the garage and saw Cooter there and sighed,"Cooter, I think I've really done it now."

Cooter looked up,"Ya thank??, I owuldn't even dare call Luther's house to talk to Lori or Little Luke, Luther is steaming mad."

Luke swallowed hard,"He loved Lori, and now she was gone, his first son is now gone and he aint even got a chace to get to know his daddy. Luke walked up and sat down on the couch looking to the picture of him and Lori.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ABOUT A MONTH LATER!!!!

Lori is now 5months pregnant and you can tell, and she can feel the baby kick, the doctor's had assumed by the ultrasounds that the baby is a girl. Lori and Todd, by some miracle had gotten together as well. He had her booked in Hazzard, but wouldn't tell her just drove her there. When he helped her out of the vehicle he saw Luke down there with Cooter. Cooter stopped and smiled to Lori,"Well well well, Lookie here!! my Little Cousin actualyl came back!"

Lori sighed,"Yea I guess so."

Luke.............

Luke walked toward Lori. 'What was she doing here?' he thought. By the grace of a case of flu Dixie and Luke's divocre hearing had been post poned until next Friday. A week away. He had hoped to talk to Dixie this weekend and now Lori shows up. Seemed they were all just constantly pushing each others buttons.

When Luke started toward Lori and Todd, ..............

Todd stood in frotn of her,"Dont think so, shes with me now."

Lori looked over Todd's shoulders and had a tear in her eye.Luke could tell she hated it, she still wore the necklace too. When he looked he saw how big Lori's stomach was and stopped swallowing hard. Lori crossed her arms getting back in crying her eyes out. Luke flew mad and looked to Todd,"Ask her if she loves you! ask her!!"

Todd smirked,"I don't have to ask her, I know she does,"

Lori looked up to Todd as he had given her that look when he went to hit her. Lori quickly looked to Luke and swallowed hard,"Uh huh!!!"

she said like a scared little mouse. Luke looked to him and shook with anger,"what have you done to her?"

Todd smirked and got in,"Like I'd tell you!"

Luke looked to Cooter and said,"Something aint right here, hes doing something to her and im aiming to find out what!"

Cooter shook his head,"Lukas, c'mon.... Dixie is due anytime and her seeing you with Lori will only piss her off."

Luke swallowed,"Cooter, I still love Lori.... and He's doing something to her."

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Todd had Lori in the car and was driving to the Boar's Nest,"Now he knows something is up!!!!! you dirty bi---!!!!"

He then smacked Lori across the face. Pulling in Todd acted like nothing had happened, he had made Lori put make up on to hide the scars. Lori thought about all that has happened in a month and she cried vigorously. she wasn't the same tough Davenport she use t' be, now she a scared, frightened child. Lori seeing Luke today didnt help any either. She still loved him and wanted more than anything to be with him and not Todd. Lori got out and walked in.. she had to play her show in about an hour.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke headed for the Boar's Nest, seeing Todd leave, he walked in to the back were it was Lori's dressing room and saw Lori shaking like a leaf on a tree. He swallowed and walked over to her soflty speaking,"Lori?? whats going on??"

Lori burst into tears,"LUKE!! I CAN'T TELL YOU!!!!!"

Luke walked over to her and once again taking her in his arms saying..........

Luke walked over to her and once again taking her in his arms saying, "Yes you can. Tell me. Tell me HOW he's hurting you. I know something's wrong. If it hurts you, it hurts our child and likely Luke too. Please tell me for thier sake if not your own."

Lori continued with her lie, "Luke, I'm fine. Just emotional due to this." She pointed at her growing belly.

"I'm not buying it Lori." Luke said.

"I don't know what you think you want to hear Luke, but nothing is wrong. Now leave or I'll have Rosco remove you." Lori said fighting the tears. She was lying, she knew it, Luke knew it and she knew he knew.

Luke replied looking her in the eyes, "I ain't never been afraid of Rosco when I was doing something I believed needed done."

"Just leave!" She was almost hysterical with fear that Todd would return but she wasn't saying that.

Luke nodded and said, "Ok, I'm leaving but I will be close by and I'm watching that creep. I knew from the get go he was trouble." Luke left slamming the door on his way out.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke went to the bar and ordered a beer. He was setting there when Cooter came in. Cooter walked over to Luke who said, "Coot there is something really wrong here and if he's hurting her like I think he is, then tell me you don't want to know about it."

Cooter nodded, 'no', "What makes you 'think' he's hurting her? Luke we all know you didn't like Todd from the start."

"I'll give you that, but have you ever seem Lori tremble? or cowar down?" Luke asked.

Cooter replied, "He-- no!"

"Well she is now." Luke said as another familiar face walked in. It was Luther Davenport.

Luther walked over to his son and said loud enough for Luke to hear, "You still hanging around him after all the trouble he's caused?"

Cooter replied and asked, "Yeah. Hey what's with Lori? She seems different. Scared?"

Luther replied quietly, but Luke heard what he said, "Something is up. I've seen things but can't prove it that's why I was glad we were playing here. Cooter I've seen her wearing dark glasses too often when the sun ain't shining."

Luke finished his beer, stood up and walked out. He drove to the farm. Without saying anything to anyone he went to his and Bo's old room.

Jesse saw him and let him be he saw the 'I'm on a mission look'.

Luke opened his old closet and pulled out his old foot locker from the Marines and began digging through it.

Jesse motioned Bo to go see what Luke was up to several minutes later.

What Bo found scared the life out of him. Luke was holding a familiar .357 Magnum that he said he had given away when they were put on probation all those years ago. Finding this gun in the house would have meant prison for him and Luke. Bo said quietly, "Luke?"

Luke continued to clean the weapon with a gently caring touch similar to the one he gave the General Lee when working on him.

Bo tried again a little louder, "Luke?"

Luke reached for the shells to load the gun.

Bo reached out for his hand, "Luke, stop! What are you doing?"

"He's hurting her! I'm going after him!" Luke said with a determined voice.

Bo was shocked. He had never seen Luke like this. "Luke you can't be serious."

Luke looked at him.

Bo knew the look. Luke was serious. It shook Bo to the core. "Come on Luke. Give me the gun."

Luke tightened his grip.

It took Bo two hours to talk Luke out of the gun which he reluctantly gave Bo. He hoped Bo wouldn't tell Jesse, but he knew he would.

Bo stated after getting the gun, "Luke she ain't worth it. You jump in and she'll be back with him tomorrow. I thought you were going to try work things out with Dix before the divorce hearing."

Luke huffed, "I planned to talk to her. Yeah I wanted her

to drop it, but if he's hurting Lori I have two children in danger. Bo I swear to you if I see him hurt her or hear of him hurting my kids I'll kill him."

Bo knew Luke wasn't blowing smoke. "I hear you! But, it's her choice to stay with him."

"Maybe, maybe not!" Luke answered. "I think she's staying cause she's scared."

Bo looked down,"Hurt her?!! HA!!"

Luke glared at Bo,"Just like you to make a joke out of something serious!!!"

Bo watched his cousin leave the house he was serious, Lori was being hurt. Bo had to go after him. Luke was already gone in the general lee though, Bo had to find a way to get him, Uncle Jesse was done ands gone in the time that Luke had been there, daisy and beth and Dixie, fer once, wasn't home. Bo had to think.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luke pulled in at the Boar's Nest and walked in. He saw Lori setting up there looking around like she didn't even know the place at all. Luke shook his head and walked up to the front. He could see Todd too, Lori saw Luke and quickly turned her head, Luke gritted his teeth and had his fists clenched. Bo was wrong, she WAS worth it, after she left it was all he could stand, now he was back in the same boat, can't choose between them. Todd saw him and rolled his eyes, he'd have Mr. Duke taken care of.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That night at the show, Lori sounded great, possibley better than what she use too. Luke smiled each time he saw her smile, he knew it was fake, but that was show biz. After the show, enough was enough, he saw Todd hurt her one too many times. Todd had basically drug her off the stage and pulled her to the back were Luke followed.

When Luke saw him go to hit her he brung his fist back and turned Todd around, knocking him out cold. He took Lori's hand and led her out the back way. Luke figured he'd take her and hide her to were Todd wouldn't find her. He'd take her back to the garage and go from there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori was crying hysterically wanting to go back,"Luke!!! you don't understand!!!! if he finds me, he'll kill me AND you!!!!"

Luke looked at her and sat beside her like he use to,"No he won't, I ain't gonna let him."

Lori looked to him,"I figured you was with Dixie why aint ya??"

Luke answered..............