Davenport Family Reunion:Shes Back!!

LoriDavenport

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lori took her hands away from Luke's. Like sighed. Lori looked down and said,"why did you let me take you away?? you could've stopped me?"

Luke replied,"I wasn't ready for a third child -- I felt trapped. You walked in stired up a bunch of old memories and well...."

Luke grew quiet. Lori finished his statement,"You screwed up, I knew you didn't love me, and still yet you kept me around."

Lori got up and headed out the door. Luke got up after her, she was just a little bit quicker than he was, She was in Midnight Rider and headed fer the post office, Luke knew as soon as he saw the car stop at the post office, what she was doing. He slammed his fist down on the banaster and walked back in. Little Luke had stayed in his room, crying and listening to his parents fight.

When Lori got back and looked to him she shook her head,"TELL ME, EITHER YOU LOVE ME OR YOU DONT?? THIS IS MY LAST TIME IM EVER ARGUING WITH YOU ABOUT THIS AGAIN!"

Luke..........

Lori tapped her foot and got angrier. Luke sighed and got up,"can we calm down and finish this talk or do you want a refree??"

Lori smirked, and not a sexy smirk either, a plain down-right gruesome smirk, had DEATH written all over it. "You want a referee Lukas, you got one..."

She pulled the frying pan out of the cupboard and twirled it around,She humphed a little and said,:"Who said a fryin pan was JUST for cooking?"

Lori looked to Luke and slowy walked over to him she brung the frying pan around to knock him out, hitting his arm in the process,"Would ya cut it out!!! yer gonna kill me!!"

Lori stopped,"Well dummy, thats the point!!"

Luke's eyes got big and he brung his hand around to get the pan out of her hand,"Now stop it da-- it and listen to me!!"

Lori stopped looking to Luke,"Now I want to ask you, You was the first girl i was ever serious with in grade school. After Robin in highschool, who was I with for two years and told every night when I called to tell you good night, that he loved you."

Lori stared at him,"You did."

Luke smiled,"Now, do you think that I don't love you??"

Lori looked up into his sky blue eyes and said with a tear in her eye as she calmed down,"No."

Luke nodded,"Alright then. Now another thing, I do still think it was a mistake me and you being together 5 years ago, AND however many months ago, And I did screw up... but I don't regret it darlin."

Lori cried into his chest,"Im sorry Luke for everything."

Luke.........

Luke let her cry for a couple minutes before he took the frying pan out of her hand and said, "Being sorry doesn't change anything. Honey, if we can't get the trust thing going here. We'll never work. No matter if I want it to, you want it to, or we both want it to work; it won't. I'll either 'let' you change me and I'll sufficate. Or, I won't change and you'll be crazy wondering who, where, or what every second I'm out of your site and when I do come home you will accuse me of everything yur mind told you I could have been doing. Before you say anything, you was there when Dixie knew we'd slept together five years ago. Did I lie and deny it? Just exactly how long did it take for me to leave after this time? Did I tell her she was wrong thinking what she was? No, because she wasn't wrong. I didn't lie about it. I don't ever plan to go out on you, but if I do, I won't lie to you about it. Isn't that just a little bit of a comfort?" e knew either she'd see things his way or he was in serious trouble.

Lori thought and took it in to consideration,"Yes it does, sweetheart, I do trust you, its just I dont trust myself or any other woman who was as stupid as I was."

Luke sighed holding her close,"you weren't the stupid one. I was. I had something good and took my chances on having something better "

Lori looked up and let the tears fall again,"see there i am the stupid one, I SCREWED UP what good thing you had going."

Luke chuck;ed softly to her,"that was my choice to make. All you did was show up."

Lori looked up to Luke,"Yea but you didn't make the right choice though, you could've had an honest relationship, but nooo, you dummy!!! you had to throw up yer lot with the Hazzard whore!"

Luke looked to Lori in shock,"Well as I'm standing right now, I think I made a good choice, no one might see it the way I do but I think I did."

Lori smiled and looked to Luke,"Ok we have the trust part down fer you but what about me?"

Luke sighed and said...........

Luke sighed and said, "Unless you are really pissed at me for something and trying to get even, I do trust you. When I get worried is when you think you have to even with me for something. It's just that Ricky was working you too hard. Now, Todd is a different animal. He's worse than I am. He lears at YOU!"

Lori laughed out loud a little and smirked,"Well honey, I wasn't pissed at you, but there is something I need to get even with you for, but as far as Todd, Darlin, alls I can do is do my job, I promise you this much though I would never ever go out on you, and thats the truth."

Luke nodded at her statement and asked, "What do you want to get even with me about?"

Lori winked at him and whispeed in his ear,"You'll just have to find out then won't you."

Luke's eyes got big as he watched her strut off to the bedroom, letting her finger linger behind her in a come hither motion. Luke swallowed, he-- if this meant he'd get THIS every time they fought, they should fight more often. He followed after her closing the door. Now Cooter was down below of course after church was over. He'd missed the fight. Lori walked over to Luke and began to massage his neck, he bit his bottom lip. Lori nibbled on his neck, kissing it up and down. Luke fell back on the bed and pulled Lori down with him. She kissed him passionaltey, before stopping, and getting up. She fixed her hair up in a clip and winked to him,"Thats payback fer what you did to me along time ago."

Luke swallowed hard, he could really hurt himself right now and she was the cause of it. He looked to Lori and said,"Don't you dare walk out that door."

Lori did exactly what he said not to do, She left and went down to talk to Cooter. Luke..............

Luke groaned rather loudly in frustration, made several attempts at adjusting his rather tight jeans that were now suddenly not fitting well. He got up off the bed and straighted himself once more before he walked straight out the apartment door, down the stairs to see Lori talking to Cooter normally. When she saw him however, she grinned ear to ear, right up until he walked over hoisted her across his shoulder in a 'fireman's carry', proceeded back upstairs, locked the door and took her to their room where he promptly placed her on the bed and climbed on top of her. He unbuttoned a button on her shirt as he nibbled her ear..............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Below Cooter was dying laughing. He could only imagine, then he decided he didn't want to imagine. The next thing he knew he heard a LOUD CRASH!!!

Cooter was in the floor rolling around laughing. He took a big breath and hollered,"Ya'll alright up there?"

Lori hollered back through pants,"U...uh-huh!!!!"

Cooter was in tears laughing. Luke smiled and ripped her clothes off her. Lori gasped. She rolled him over giving him the taste of hid own medicine.

hours later Luke looked to Lori,"You are aware we broke the bed right?"

Lori was still atop of him," Does it look like I care baby?"

Luke laughed,"No it don't....."

Lori got up and walked out Little Luke saw how messed up his mommy and daddy was, he poked his head in thie bedroom,"Daddy, I heard a crash and I wondered iff mommy kilt you??"

Luke...........

Luke tried to keep a straight face but it was hard, "Well you've watched them wrestling on TV? Mommy thought she could take Daddy but he showed her!"

Lori about lost it!

Luke then said, "Now I have to go get Uncle Cooter to help me fix the bed or sleep on the floor!"

Lori was glad she had closed the bathroom door as she began to die laughing.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter had just hung up the phone when Luke walked in. He took one look at him and

Cooter had just hung up the phone when Luke walked in. He took one look at him and fell over laughing. Luke stopped and shook his head walking over to him, Cooter looked to him and said,"Well side show stud, did you kill her or did she kill you? as much a bangin' ya'll did up there ya'll had everyone looking at me like there was WW3 going on up there."

Luke laughed and asked him," I need a favor from ya Cooter, can you uhhh help me uhhh..er.....fix...the bed?"

Cooter flipped back in his chair and laughed at Luke til he couldn't breath. He then looked to Luke and threw his hand to his forehead,"AYE AYE!! captain!!"

Luke glared at Cooter and followed him up the stairs to their apartment. Lori came out with one of Luke's marines shirt on, it went to her knees. She had her hair in a clip and looked to Cooter who started laughing at her, Lori turned five shades of red and smacked Cooter. Cooter looked to her and said,"Why howdy there cousin have a nasty fall??"

Lori's mouth dropped open and she walked to the kitchen making Luke and Cooter a pot of coffee, she walked to the window and smiled looking out, through the curtains. Hazzard seemed so small compared to Nashville.

Cooter and Luke meanwhile were getting the broken legs of the beds, snickering to each other. They picked the bed pieces up tossing them down to be welded. Luke looked in there to Lori and winked at her, she saw the bed and fell over laughing. They walked down and took the pieces to the back to the welder. Bo meanwhile pulled up to the garage hearing them in the back,"Cooter? Luke! were ya'll...."

Bo saw the bed pieces and fell over laughing at Luke saying...........

B.L had been to see Doc again for her regular check up and decided to walk over to the garage to see if Lori and Luke had killed each other yet. She saw Bo pull in then heard him laughing quickening her step to see what was so funny she went to the back of the garage where the men were and seen the pieces from the bed and fell over laughing calling upstairs to Lori.

"HEY LOR BETTER GO EASY ON HIM FROM NOW ON BED'S AIN'T CHEAP!"

Bo saw the bed pieces and fell over laughing at Luke saying to Cooter, "And to think I came down here to tell him MY problems!"

Cooter replied, "Half my customers think there was WW3 going on up there!"

Luke glared at them, trying to keep a straight face, "Ya'll are a BIG help here! That bedframe has to have been up there since the garage was built and I ain't the only one ever 'been' in it. I know you BOTH have, as well as LB, BB, Jeb and any body else who had half a chance to get a girl in here in high school. It breaks on me though and I'll never hear the end of it!"

Cooter fell back laughing,"Well, guess it just picked a bad time, it is ALL about timing!"

Luke glared to him and retorted,"haha funny!"

Lori heard B.L's comment and walked to the edge,"Yea don't I know it!!, but hey we still have the couch, counters work good too!!!"

B.L fell back laughing,"OK OK cousin, we get the point!

After sobering B.L looked at the men with a sassy smirk and said

"You fellas ain't the only one to take somebody up there, it wasn't high school but I've been up there too" she looked pointedly at Luke grinning "AND the bed NEVER BROKE!"

It was nothing for her and Konrad to go up there when they wanted some time to themselves leaving Cooter with the farm to himself, but they had never broke the bed,

Luke replied, "See, ya'll abused it for years! It just happened to break on us and we'll never hear the end of it!" Luke knew they were giving him grief in good fun, but he knew it would be brought up for years!

Hearing Lori's remark he called back up, "Yeah, maybe the other furniture won't break as easy!"

~~~~~~~~~~~

Up stairs Lori just shook her head. She knew that with BL there it would be all over the county!

~~~~~~~~~~

Luke looked at Bo. Now that the 'fun' was over and BL had left, he looked worried. "Hey, you said you wanted to talk to me about your problems. What's up?"

Bo replied, "How about we get the bed back up and the three of us go grab a beer?"

Luke knew Bo's tone. It was serious. "Yeah, sure." Luke said without hesitation. He'd see how far his and Lori's talk went now that he wanted to go out for a guys only night.

After they got the bed welded together, they lugged it up to the top and began to work on it,Lori poked her head in there,"Howdy Bo, don't look so good, you feelin' alright?"

Luke looked over his shoulder to Lori telling her it was a man thing. Lori nodded and smiled to Bo.Bo smiled back and said,"Yea im fine, me, Luke, and Cooter are...."

Luke looked to Bo not to metion nothing to Lori yet. Lori nodded,"Ok?"

She walked in picking the matress straight up Luke hesitated a little not knowing if she should be doing that. She placed the matress and shooed the men out. Luke looked to her, it was time to test her to see if she trusted him.

"Lori, honey im going out with Cooter and Bo tonight, have a guys night out figure id tell ya for I left."

Lori sighed and thought beofre she spoke,"Ok then. I reckon I'll be here when you get back, in fact I know I will."

Luke was shocked, but didnt show it though. He got up and gave her a peck on the lips and smiled walking out. Lori let out a big sigh as she saw them leave. She turned the coffee off and sat on the couch.

Hours later, Bo,Luke, and Cooter wer drunker than dogs and girls were hitting on them. The garage's phone rang and Lori answered, it was Todd. She sighed and hung up, getting ready. Little Luke was still asleep she walked in and picked him up. She called B.L who was still awake, B.L agreed to watch him and let him catch the bus there. Lori drove to Cooter's farm and dropped him off, heading towards the Boar's Nest. When she walked in everybody noticed her and clapped and hollered, Todd drug her over to him,"Glad you came."

Lori shrugged him off,"Yea spose to let my boyfriend and his cousin and brother-in-law let them have a boys night out and that was screwed up."

Luke noticed her and suddenly grew red,"Guys shes following me."

He slurred, Cooter looked to Lori who was on stage,"Well howdy ya'll.. apparently the band didn't show up and I was the last resort."

She started to sing. She looked to Luke and saw that a pretty little redhead walked over to him, setting on his knee. She could tell he was drunk. Lori kept on singing but had fire in her eyes.

Lori kept on singing but had fire in her eyes Luke was going to catch hell later. He did still have enough of his senses though to dislodge the little red head filly from his knee. Cooter and Bo were staring at him with glazed eyes both well on their way to being drunk. Cooter then decided once the red head was gone to try and get Luke's mind off what looked like Lori following him.

"So Bo what was it you wanted to talk about?"

Bo.......

Bo was almost drunk enough to tell them, "I 'm in trouble here guys."

Luke took a sip of beer and asked, "Trouble? What's up Bo?"

Bo said, "I need another beer to tell this!"

Luke shook his head and smiled. It had been a long time since they had done this. Luke had been situations before that it took the promise of one more beer before he could start telling it. He stood up on unsteady feet, "Hold that thought then, I'll be right back." He said as he started to make his way through the crowd to the bar. Luke had not paid attention that Lori was about to take a break. While he waiting on his beers to be filled, Lori approached the bar a couple people down and asked for a cola. It was hot in the small bar tonight but she felt better than she had in awhile. When Luke reached in his pockets he realized he had been the one of the bunch that had driven the General Lee from the garage to the bar. He knew that he was in no shape to drive two beers ago. Luke stepped beside Lori and said, "Honey, since you are here, let me give you the keys and be our driver tonight."

Lori was peeved about the red head, but she had seen Luke and this bunch drink since they were teens. If any of them was giving you their keys, they were or planned to get to the point no one wanted them driving. She and the others respected that about this bunch of guys. Lori gave him a smile, placed the keys in her pocket, and said, "You know I hadn't planned to be here until I got and urgent message that the band cancelled. What would ya'll have done with me?"

Luke smiled back at her and said with just the beginnings of a slur, "Drank til Daisy got cleaned up and ready to leave."

Lori nodded, she would accept that answer. It told her he wouldn't have driven and it told her he'd be home a couple hours earlier with her driving rather than Daisy. She was tempted to say something about the girl on his lap, but she was having a good time, so was Luke and he had managed to get her off his lap rather quickly, even though he had 'let' her get there in the first place. "I've got to get back." She said to Luke as his beers were finally filled.

"Ok, your sounding good tonight by the way." Luke was wise enough to say, though he had frankly been more interested in the 'guy' conversations that were taking place at the table. But, now he had to go listen to what was bothering Bo and try to help fix it. It had been a long time, too da-- long since he and Bo had been in this situation. Luke found that he missed it more than he had realized. He--, he missed Bo, who had seemed to have dodged him since he got out of the hospital. Now maybe he'd find out why. Luke was glad though that when the 'chips' were down, Bo still came to him with the problem, whatever it was. He said as he set the beers down, "Ok, fellas, got us a driver, another beer and Daisy said she'd keep us full, now Bo, let's talk about 'this'."

Bo was about to tell them exactly what the 'this' Luke had referred to was. He took a healthy drink of beer, then before starting, he looked at Lori on the stage, but he wasn't hearing her, he ws noticing the beginnings of the baby growing inside her.

Luke followed his eyes. He saw Bo was watching Lori. Then he noticed the painful look that appeared in Bo's eyes. For a split second, luke thought the pain was due to the situation he and Lori happened to be in, but as soon as Bo started talking Luke realized he had been mistaken.

Bo's eyes filled with tears, "Luke, ......" Bo barely uttered, he blinked the tears back and smiled slightly with mixed emotions, "Beth's pregnant."

Luke looked at him a bit in surprise, "What? ....... Are you sure?"

Bo sighed, "I am sure. She is sure, but she hasn't..."

Luke finished the sentence, "Went to see Doc yet."

Bo nodded that he was correct, "Luke we've been here too many times though, she is."

Cooter set watching and listening to the two. He was often included in these talks, but one like this he felt better just sipping his beer. Yet, he couldn't believe, Bo Duke the 'high school playboy of Hazzard and surrounding counties' was about to become the father of six children.

Luke nodded that he understood, as he let the bitter sweet news soak into his head. He knew there was nothing he could say or do to change this, yet, he knew Bo was waiting for him to 'help' him with advice or words of wisdom or something. he took a drink of beer and nodded his head 'no' as he said, "I suppose, 'Congratulations!' is not what you're looking for here?" He said as almost a question.

Bo's face took on the pained look once again as his eyes filled with tears that he somehow kept from falling. "No, it's not."

Luke nodded again his understanding of the situation. He assessed the situation. Then, he found that he compared it to his own, before speaking, "Bo, this may not be what ou want to hear either but hear me out. So your wife of what, thirteen years or so (Luke knew his brain refused to do the math from Bo, Jr's birth til now.) is pregnant with number six." Luke had to smirk just a bit, before saying, "It could be worse. Believe me it could always be worse!"

Cooter heard, what was the closest thing to regret that he'd heard Luke say since his own situation had begun. He knew had Lori or Dixie heard that statement they both would have been all over it, but he knew these two needed tonight to say what they truely felt without having it taken back to any of the women. Cooter saw Daisy and flagged her down for another round of beers. It was a good thing they didn't have to worry about trying to drive. It was going to be a long evening.

Luke saw Bo wasn't convienced. "You could be off work due to an accident while expecting your third and fourth child by your wife of almost six years and your girlfriend at the same time. Trust me it could be worse!"

Bo shot back without anger, "But, you let yourself get into that situation."

Luke countered frankly, "And, you cousin let yourself get into yours."

For a second, Cooter thought he knew why he was here, to refree, but they were remaining calmer than he expected with verbal blows hitting so close to the belt. That was the thing about these two, they could say things liek this to each other that NO ONE including himself could have gotten away with.

"I know, but wouldn't you think I'd learn how to be careful?" Bo asked.

Luke gave him a look of disbelief! And asked, "YOU really want ME, ..... to go THERE?"

Bo said in frustration, "Luke you know what I mean."

"Oh, yeah, your da-- right I know what you mean!" Luke said in total understanding.

Cooter desided that he saw an opening in this conversation because it wasn't getting either of them anywhere, "Look fellas. All I know is it doesn't matter who's in the worse situation, whether you SHOULD both have known how to be careful or not, what matters is that there are little ones coming. And, I know you both. You both may be second guessing yourselves now. You both may be crying in your beers before you leave here tonight, but I also know that when those little ones get here, you BOTH would move heaven and Earth for them. You Both will step up to the challeneges and responsibilites of those children. We ALL know that. He--, Luke, if some 'fly by night' had done what you did five years ago, you know you and me and the others would have strung him up by his toes! We didn't YOU because we knew you would take care of the situation. Just like now, we all know that you have broad shoulders to carry the load you've made for yourself. Sure, we all know you could have done things different. You could have chosen a couple easy paths, but that's not you. You have always carried your load and half everyones elses." Cooter saw them both looking at him surprised.

Neither Bo nor Luke had heard Cooter ever talk like this. Luke had to ask, "Cooter where did you find such wisdom?"

Cooter looked a bit embarrassed, "I'd have to say hanging around you and Uncle Jesse all these years." He felt a bit embarrassed, and continued, "Now, drink ya'lls beers 'fore they go flat."

They continued to sip and talk for quite sometime ..........

Konrad sat listening to the other three men, he had met them at the Boar's Nest after they had called telling him they were having a guys night out and he'd talked B.L into letting him meet them. That hadn't been too hard they didn't make a big fuss about it when he wanted a night out with the guys or her with the girls. He didn't quite know what to say to either of his cousins about their predicaments but he kept playing B.L's words over and over in his head about not sleeping he might wake up a gelding when they'd first found out she was pregnant that was the closest he could come to comparing with either and that had only been the shock of the pregnancy. He was just as shocked by Cooter's profound wisdom as Luke had been,that just wasn't Cooter at least noone thought it was. He chugged the rest of his beer before starting on the one Daisy had just brought to the table his foggy brain just barely able to think about the fact B.L was going to kill him in the morning when she had to bring him back to get his car.

They continued to sip and talk for quite sometime ..........

It was around Midnight and Lori could tell that the "boys" were wiped out of their minds. When she was done Todd approached her, she quickly dodged him and went to the tables,"Alright boys lets head em out!!"

The men looked to her and laughed, they never seen a woman like her before trying to take 4 men into one dodge charger, drunk men at that, all at one time!!

When they made no effort to move, Lori slammed her fist down on the table making them all jump,"Fellers im only gonna tell ya once more, LET'S GO!!!"

Every man made a high dive fer that door, staggering over each other. When she had them herded outside, as clumsy as they was she just tiped them over into the window, Luke climbing up front. Lori climbed in and looked to them starting Midnight up. Bo slurred,"What about the general?"

Luke looked to her, she saw red,"Ferget the general tonight, you can come by tomorrow and get it."

Bo nodded,"Yes'um."

As Lori drove to Cooter's farm the wind was warm and hitting her face causing the men to fall asleep atop of each other. Lori smirked, if only it was different times she could see her, B.L and Dixie out like this. Luke was leaning his head out the window,"ewwwww lookie at the road!!!!!!"

Lori bit back laughter,"Get yer head in here, lord how mercy."

Luke looked to her and smiled.

When they arrived Lori helped Konrad and Cooter out their arms around her waists, B.L saw it and headed straight to kill Lori.......

B.L sees Lori half dragging HER husband and THEIR cousin toward the house and busts out the door then spots Bo and Luke in Midgnight and yells. "ONE MAN's NOT GOOD ENOUGH YOU GOTTA STEAL MY HUSBAND AND BETH'S? AND GOOD LORD ALMIGHTY OUR COUSIN TOO BOY LORI YOU DON'T STOP AT ANYTHING DO YA?"

Lori saw red at the accusation and flew in on B.L "I AIN'T BEEN DOING WHAT YOU THINK I BEEN DOING THESE FOUR ARE DRUNKER THAN SKUNKS! I WAS BRINGING THEM HOME SO THEY WOULDN'T GET IN A CAR AND KILL THEMSELVES OR SOMEONE ELSE!"

B.L got closer and put her arm around Konrad's waist pulling him away from Lori he gave her a silly drunken grin and slurred.

"Hiya's hoooney"

B.L glared at him and said

"Don't you hiya honey me your drunk!"

Lori.........

Lori snorted,"Well no sh-- shurlock ya reckon?"

B.L shot Lori a glare and shook her head. Lori helped Cooter in setting him down on the couch, straightening out her jacket she looked to B.L and humphed her, heading to the back. B.L stopped her,"Were you going?"

Lori rolled her eyes,"T' get my son."

B.L stepped in front of Lori,"No you aint let him sleep here tonight."

Lori crossed her arms looking to B.L,"Name one good reason as to why I should let him stay here."

B.L looked down, truth was she couldn't think of anything. Lori smirked,"Thats what I thought...you jump to comclusions everytime you see me, you'll always think of some accusation against me."

B.L looked down,"Im soory Lor, but can you honeslty blmae me?"

Lori looked around,"No can't say I can, but do you think Im stupid enough to mess with YOUR man?"

B.L had to laugh a little,"Reckon not."

Lori patted her on the stomach and said,"Nighty nighty."

B.L rolled her eyes,"Dont break that bed now and have a nasty fall."

Lori stopped and laughed,"Ill try not to."

Lori walked back out to Midnight Rider and climbed in, Bo was asleep. Lori looked to Luke who was dozing off too. She'd not metion the redhead, he was drunk and she DID take him by surprise. She pulled out and headed for the garage.

When they arrived Lori took Luke and Bo both by the waists hoisting them on her sides, helping them up the stairs. When she got in the house she sat them on the couch and went to their bedroom and got and extra pillow and cover for Bo. She brung it back to him laying him down on the couch. She took Luke into the bedroom, heading towards the shower first, she took a quick one and walked into her's and Luke's room in her slip Luke...........

Luke mumbled as she got into bed, "Did ya call Beth?"

Lori nodded 'no', "Actually I hadn't thought of it."

Luke reached for the phone, "Get me the Duke farm, ........... yes, I know it's 3 am." Luke hoped to catch DAisy as she came in.His timing was off. She wasn't there yet.

Beth answered with a worried tone, "Duke Farm."

"Beth, Bo's here with me. He's on the couch sound asleep. We took Konrad and Cooter home, but Bo's here. Come get him in the morning or I'll bring him home." Luke said.

Though Beth was glad Bo was OK and not in jail, she wished he were home. She could tell Luke's voice. He was drunk or near so, if he was then Bo was too. Maybe it would be better to leave him on Luke's couch. "OK, Thanks for calling Luke."

Luke had sorta hoped Dixie would answer. He hadn't been told of the new trailer that she'd set up. Luke was more than happy to get in his bed. He hoped Cooter's welds held tonight. He didnt' look forward to sleeping on the floor.