Davenport Family Reunion:Shes Back!!

LoriDavenport

Luke answered, "Well maybe ya figured wrong. I told you before you left in such a hurry that I wasn't going back. Sure I've talked to her and seen Jesse, but I'm still over the garage when I'm home. I went back to work." Luke tried to give her an update as he drove back to the garage. Once there he opened the downstairs and backed the General Lee inside, then closed the doors back.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lori looked around as Luke took her hand and helped her up the ladder to go to the top. It shocked Lori that he'd actually stay here when she knew he wanted to go back to Dixie.

"Luke I don't understand, the reason why I left was fer you and Dixie to be happy, because I knew you loved her and not...."

Lori was interruppted by Luke breaking in,"Yea and it's like I've told you millions and millions of times before, I DO love you Lori, I still do, When you left I couldn't go back t' Dixie, sure she asked me why I didn't want to, truth is.. is I don't know now."

Lori hung her head,"Luke if you wouldv'e just left me alone when I arrived here you wouldn't be in this position again!!!!"

Luke walked over to Lori and held her close, kissing the top of her head,"Lori, I can't leave you alone!! He's hurting you and my child, has he touched Little Luke??"

Lori looked up,"No he hasn't, I would NEVER let him touch our child! thats one of the reasons he started beating me."

Luk tightened his grip around Lori feeling a small kick from her stomach, he smiled and looked down at her and her stomach, he bent down and kissed her stomach saying,"Well I denfinently know thats my child, gotta kick and a half on em!"

Lori ran her fingers through Luke's curls, she'd missed him soo much. He laid his head on her shoulder and kissed her neck. Lori laid her head against his cheek asking,"Luke..were do we go to from here?? We both love each other, and if I know you...you'll....you'll...want to try and call off the divorce."

Luke looked to Lori and said...............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luther saw Todd come out and tapped Cooter on the shoulder pointing in Todd's direction. Cooter got up and headed to his tow truck to watch a sleeping Little Luke lay in the seat were Luther put him. Luther followed Todd out and hid behind a bush, listening to his carphone conversation,"Yea, this is Todd.....Lori's gone, she ran off with that Duke man, Luke Dukes the name, I need ya'll to come down here and help me, sure bring Billy Ray too."

When Todd hung up he headed to the motel. Luther got up and went to tell Cooter, he told Cooter,"We're gonna need help with this one, were Lori is pregnant she'll need more help that she can get to stay aware...she's scared to death and she'll be afraid of everything and everyone."

Cooter smirked,"Better keep B.L. away then!"

Luther rolled his eyes,"Go to the garage and see if they are there, don't let Todd see ya, if they are tell them whats going on."

Cooter nodded pulling out to go to the garage. Luther got in to his vehicle and went to Cooter's farm to call everyone and to tell B.L. and Konrad.

Luther pulled up in the yard at Cooter's farm and Konrad seeing the vehicle went to the window and looked out and called to B.L who was in the bathroom....

"B honey Luther's here"

B.L came out of the bathroom joining Konrad at the door as Luther stepped up on the porch she grinned and opened the door wide letting him in. Hugging him tightly as best she could with her growing stomach.

"Hey Uncle Luther, what brings you by? Cooter's not here."

Luther returned the hug and kissed the top of her head

"Who says I'm here to see Cooter? I already seen Cooter I came to see you."

B.L : "well come on in and take a load off."

Luther came on in and sat down looking at Konrad and B.L with a pensive look which B.L picked up on.

"What's on ya mind Uncle Luther ya seem worried"

Luther: "I am sweetie about Lori....."

He then proceeded to tell them.........

Luke looked to Lori and said, "To tell you the truth, I had planned to talk to Dixie this weekend. But, no matter what I still don't want anything to happen to you of the kids." Luke turned to the phone to call Cooter as he heard the wrecker pulling in.

Cooter came in the garage doors and saw the General Lee parked inside. "Ok, ya'll it's me. Luke, Todd looked a little worse for wear there Buddy Roe."

Luke replied, "Not as bad as I wanted him to, but I was in a bit of a hurry."

Lori.....

Lori plopped down on the couch and looked around, yep it WAS true he didn't want her anymore and she needed to accept that, that was the only thing she'd except from him and nothing else, next time she'd believe her Uncle Luther about him being trouble and all. Cooter climbed up and explained to them what was going on, Lori shook her head saying,"Yeap figures ole Todd and Billy Ray would be in on it.. Billy Ray hung around the house too much then..."

Luke looked to her and said,"Its alright we'll...."

Lori shook her head,"Nope, I dont want no one's help. I can do it myself."

Cooter smirked,"ya aint bein reasonable here Lor."

Lori glared at Cooter,"Dont start with me, I dont feel like it, I said I was doing it myself and Im going to, Ill take care of Billy Ray AND Todd, so he don't hurt me or MY growing child and ill find away to keep him away from Luke."

Luke rolled his eyes,"Lori now come on...... you know deep down you can't do this by yerself."

Lori looked to Luke and snorted,"You wanna beleive that go ahead, I can do anything I set my mind too, my mind is set on getting them rats outta here and heading back to Nashville!!! you think I honeslty wanted to come back to Hazzard?? HE-- NO!!! I aint that stupid!!!"

Luke.............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Luther then proceeded to tell them,"Todd and Billy Ray is out to get Lori and Luke, now as much as I dislike Luke at the moment, i ain't about to see him ro my niece die!!!! I over heard a conversation between Todd and a couple of his cronies and they're coming in tomrrow I need everyone's help to watch Lori, B.L. she's bad, He abuses her, She trembles with fear now... shes a coward now...its real bad and I need ya'lls help."

B.L shook with anger.............

B.L shook with anger her hands clenched by her sides the knuckles turning white as her nails dug into her palms. Suddenly she stomped off into the bedroom coming back with the shot gun that was kept in the closet.

"I'LL KILL HIM! NOBODY hits Lor except her family and then ONLY FEMALE MEMBERS!"

Konrad and Luther stood in shock for a complete minute as B.L came back toting the shotgun and making threats to Todd's life. He gently put his hand on the gun and said quietly and calmly trying to get through to her.....

"No you won't ya gonna stick close to Lori and help her I don't want you hurt! Now give me the gun sweetheart."

B.L relinquished her hold on the gun and continued to shake in rage. Luther put his hand on her shoulder and said...

Lori looked away to the ground,"I reckon that was my problem now wasn't it, and not yers to worry with!!"

Luke ran a hand down his face saying,"Lori....We're helpin ya no matter what, I done told ya I wasn't abandoning you or OUR children."

Lori snorted and never said nothing. Cooter sighed saying,"Ya'll, I'm going to the house, if ya'll hear or see anything give us a shout, we'll work on things tomorrow."

Luke nodded,"Alright Coot, Lori you staying with me or what?"

Lori got up and walked towards Cooter,"Nope, Im going home with Cooter... I aint one to screw around with another woman's man, not no more."

Luke took hold of her and gently sat her back down on the couch,"Yea your staying with me."

Lori sighed looking away from him. Luke looked to Cooter and made a whining noise. Cooter laughed,"Hehe she's yer problem now buddy."

Luke replied,"Gee thanks buddy!"

Lori looked to them,"Im right here listenin to ya'll talk bout me.."

Luke smiled to her and winked,"Who could forget?!"

Lori snorted and relaxed back on the couch Luke looked to her and said..........

Lori snorted and relaxed back on the couch Luke looked to her and said, "Since when do you let men tell you what to do?"

Lori asked, "Would you rather I go with Cooter?"

Luke replied, "No, but you can sure hold your own with me. It just seems strange to see you tremble in fear around that @$(&_@."

Lori had heard Luke curse before but not like that.

Lori looked to Luke and with wide eyes,"Luke!! my my what language."

Luke laughed a little,"Well thats what he is!!"

Lori had forgotten about the necklace til Luke had looked to it,"Ohh I guess uhh I need to take this off don't I?" Lori said tugging to the necklace,

Luke...........

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter came in the house and looked to everyone,"We got a loooong day tomorrow, fellers...someone call Uncle Jesse and them??"

B.L. jumped straight to it..........

Luke shook his head. Two could play at this game. "Have it your way." He went to Little Luke's room and layed down on the twin bed. If Lori wanted to be stubborn, he'd let her and he'd let her have the bigger bed. At least he'd be close if Todd remembered the garage. He'd been there before.

Lori sighed and rubbed her eyes as she watched him go to Luke's room, "Well Luke, now Dixie knows that you got this for me and what do you think she'll think if she sees me awearing it, she's already going to be fit to be tied cause i stayed with you."

Luke said from the bedroom, "I really don't see her getting mad over a necklace I got you a hundred years ago. Hey, what do I have to loose, she's already filed for divorce."

Lori

Lori got up and went to the bedroom door,"What stopping you from stopping the divorce??"

Luke sighed, setting up,"she filed,its up to her."

Lori nodded her head,"So, yer giving up on her, like that?? No talking to her or anything. Im not a problem here so nothing should be stopping you from atleast talking to her, He-- I know you can be quiet persuasive at times."

Luke,"Like I told you earlier, I was planning to talk to her this weekend and its likely I will still do so."

Lori sighed and winked to him, leaving the room. She then walked to the window and sat at the window seal. She started to cry, if she hadn't been so da-- stubborn and arrogant when she left a month ago she would likely not be in this situation. She looked up to the sky looking to the stars, she saw a shooting star go across the sky and sighed, if only she could make a wish like she did when she was a little kid.

Luke on the other hand heard her crying and sighed, he got up and walked in to were he saw her, the moonlight hit her face and you could see the scars and brusies on her face, Luke..........

Luke stood watching her for a couple minutes. He saw the brusies and scars. He promised to get even with Mr. Todd. He walked over and put his arms around her shoulders.

Lori reached up and held his forearm to her face as she cried.

Luke let her cry, figuring that she'd talk when she was ready.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next morning Luke was awake when he heard the wrecker pull in. Actually, he hadn't slept much at all. He left Lori sleep in the big bed as he got out of Little Luke's twin bed and headed down the outside stairs to meet Cooter.

Cooter said, "Ah, good morning?"

Luke replied, "Yeah, well it's morning that's for sure."

Cooter was giving him a questioning look. He knew Luke had plans to talk to Dixie about the divorce.

Luke answered the unasked question, "I slept in Luke's bed. She's in the big one. Yes, I plan to see if Dixie will talk to me."

Cooter

Cooter nodded,"Ahhh.... well.."

Cooter didnt have anytime to say anything as there was a string of cars pull up, Uncle jesse and Luke's truck, B.L. and Konrad, and Luther. Luke looked amazed seeing EVERYONE THERE!!!!

Lori woke up and climbed down, she saw everyone get out and backed away,"Holy He-- what have I done now??"

Dixie looked to Lori and could see her face,"Ohhh my lord Lori, you let him do that?"

B.L. looked to Dixie wondering why she asked that question. Lori snorted,"Yea you don't keep yer mouth shut and yer face is gonna look the same way!!!"

Dixie threw her hands up,"I surrender!!"

B.L. just shook her head. Uncle Jesse had his double barrel shotgun in his truck.

Lori sighed,"Well I have a plan, I can be used as decoy...."

Luke whirled around to her,"You stupid?"

Lori,"Theres a method to my madness.."

Lori then went on,"Well we dont want no muders on our hands so we have to get them sent to prison for good. Lori could see Little Luke who clung to his daddy. Lori then smirked,"Ill be the decoy, Little Luke is gonna help me, now I need someone close by with a camera, and make up."

Luke looked down to his son and instantly caught on,"Well now that sounds like a mighty fine plan but uh what if they run?"

Lori snorted and threw the keys to Midnight Rider to him,"You in the Rider and Bo in the General, course Im gonna have to run to the police department to let them see how they "hurt" little Luke, then Uncle Jesse, Daisy, Cooter, Luther, and Dixie..ya'll cut them off at all possiblr intersections on th eback roads."

Everyone nodded and looked to Lori who go ther make up and handed it to B.L. saying,"You'll be the one to "hurt" little luke, Luke I need you to be standing by in the bush to scare Billy Ray and Todd."

Luke nodded and went to hide, he had the camera ready.

Everyone else left, Bo went down the road and waited. Lori stepped out with Little Luke and could see Todd motion to Billy Ray as they ran towards her. Lori nodded to B.L. and Luke telling them to get ready.............

No one noticed Dixie holding her side as they waited for Todd to show up. She'd had a few pains lately but she knew she was still OK.

Luke said, "Ok, I'll pull the General Lee out front and Cooter put Midnight over by where I'll be so I can get tohim quick when he runs."

They moved the cars to let Todd know Lori and Luke were at the garage. Hopefully, he'd come looking for trouble.

Todd had noticed and got Billy Ray to go. B.L. hid beside of Luke and sighed,"Hope it works,"

Todd walked up to Lori and jerked her by the arm, Lori squeezed Little Luke's arm causing him to cry, everyone in Hazzard sqaure looked to him, Luke snapped the picture Todd, cursed and smacked Lori at least one last time, as did Billy Ray. they got into their vehicles and sped off. Luke handed Lori the camera and B.L. put the makeup on Little Luke, blacking his eye, course Enos heard it and came flying. Lori had acted all scared and what not, telling Enos. He got in his patrol car, Lori and B.L climbing in too, and sped off towrads them.

Bo and Luke were at a crossroads were Todd and Billy Ray had divided off. As they came to the end of the road Uncle Jesse and Daisy and Cooter and Luther had them blocked off. They came to a screeching hault, Uncle Jesse pulled his gun out and waited.

Luke and Bo got to them and slung them into the door of their cars,"Stand still and don't move."

Enos pulled up, Lori had left Little Luke with Rosco at the sheriff's department When he pulle dup Lori and B.L. both got out and slugged them for all they was worth. Enos booked them and Took them away. Lori looked to Luke who had the keys and shook her head, She looked to Luther,"I need a ride, I cant fit no more in Midnight."

Luther noded, Lori looked to Luke,"Just bring him back to the garage when yer finished in him."

She didnt speak none to no one. Luther got her in and took her to her mother's house he had a surprise for her there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rosco had took Little Luke to Lori as her and Luther was moving into her mother's house. Everyone else went home to do things they wanted to, Dixie and Luke however stayed behind and went to "their" spot.............

Dixie handed him the keys to 'his' truck, "Thought you might want to drive this."

Luke laughed, "You just want me to take you riding on a bumpy road to hurry things up!"

Dixie had been nervous about talking to Luke. She knew what she wanted but she wasn't sure what he wanted. For the first time in months she gave a geniue laugh, "If it works, it works. I feel like a house."

Luke drove to their spot down by the lake. It was where they had been caught in the back seat of the General Lee so long ago. He helped Dixie to make sure she didn't fall on the loose rocks on the rolling hill going to the lake. Once at the big old Oak tree Luke took a seat on the ground with Dixie setting in front of him. They set there for hours not saying anything. This was the nature of their relationship. Words weren't necessary for them to have a conversation. Finally Luke broke the silence, "For the first time in months something feels right."

Dixie looked back into his eyes, "So have you figured anything out yet?"

Luke nodded, "Yeah, I'll always love you both, but in far different ways. I love the boys and the new little ones. Sweetheart, if you'll have me back....." Luke felt Dixie trembling.

She suddenly turned towards him and wrapped around his neck still crying.

Luke wrapped his arms around her and let her cry for awhile. Finally, he asked, "What's with the waterworks?"

Dixie looked him in the eyes she said as she gasped between crying and talking, "I've, ....... waited, ...... sooooooo, ...... looonnngggggg, ........ to hear you, ....... say that." she paussed trying to catch her breath, "I thought you'd,...... never, ...... come back, ....... home."

"I will if you'll still have me. I'm an a--! I'm so sorry for everything I have ever put you through." Luke said seriously.

Dixie still sniffling said in a voice that was barely heard, "Come home, please."

Luke nodded 'yes'.

Dixie buried her face in his shoulder and cried happy tears.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Friday came and it was time for Luke and Dixie's divorce hearing. They had both been served notices to eb there so they would go together and explain that they had changed their minds.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile Lori....

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori was outside teaching Little Luke how to ride his first horse. Her mother had always had horses, Lori never smiled any more, only to Little Luke. She found a new SAFE manager, one who wiuldn't kill her, because she was a woman. Lori walked in as she heard the phone ring,"Hello?" Cooter had called to check up on her. Lori sighed,"Cooter, it happened a week ago, id be a spoiled crying little bit-- if I wasn't over it, i gotta go now bye."

Cooter hung the phone up and shook his head.

Dixie meanwhile was ready to pop anyday, she just picked a time as they drove by Doc's. Luke had rushed her in and waited on her. he Doc walke dout and said Congrats Mr. Duke, you have twins!!!

Luke's eyes widened and his mouth dropped as he walked in and saw two beautiful baby boys once more. He smiled to Dixie and walked over to her. He asked what she had wanted to name them and she replied," Jackson Lee and Robert Duke."

Luke smiled to her,"Ill tell everyone."

He called everyone and announced to them, he even called Lori, she of course didnt want to talk to him so she just gave simple answers and went to the hospital fer a brief visit, saying awww thery're cute and whatnot then leaving. Lori didn't want to stay she had more important things to do, like be the father to her son that she wouldn't let Luke be, and she still won't. Luke still objects to it too.

A couple days later Dixie is out and Luke and Dixie are in the trailer living their happy go lucky lives. Lori on the other hand was cleaning the house, in the gardens, and teaching Little Luke how to work on cars and ride horses and go fishing and hunting.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

4 months later.............

Dixie had had her twins and whatnot, B.L. was due any day now....

At Lori's mother's house.....

"Oh No!!!" Lori exclaimed throwing the covers off of her, the bed was wet her water had broken. Luther raised up from his bed hearing Lori's cry,

Luther knew what that meant, Lori was having her baby. Little Luke came in there Luther shooed him back to his room, Luther grabbed the phone and dialed Doc's number. When Doc answered Luther told him and Doc was on his way. Luther rushed back to the back listening to Lori scream in pain, he stayed by her side til Doc and a nurse got there, He walked into the Living room and his first thought was, Cooter. He dialed the farm's number hearing Cooter's voice on the line, He told Cooter. Cooter smiled, he went to B.L's and Konrad's room exclaming to them the good news.

Luke and Dixie and the rest had arrived and Luke was actually shaking like a leaf on a tree..

The doc was actually trying to save Lori's life, she had complications with this baby were it had been an Ectopic Pregnancy. Luke paced the floor looking down at it. Dixie got up and hugged him, "S'alright Luke if I know that cousin o' mine she's fine."

Luke looked to Dixie and hugged her close,"I hope so."

A couple hours later the doc walked out with a smile on his face,"Congrats Mr. Duke.... Its a beautiful baby girl."

Luke swelled up with pride as a tear came to his eye. the Doc looked to him,"Although, this WILL be her LAST child, she had complications having this one and we almost lost Miss Davenport. But we saved her, and her and the baby is fine."

Luke sighed,"Thank God!!"

Luke looked to everyone who was smiling and congratulating him. He walked to the back to see the nurse taking the old sheets to the bathroom to be washed. Luke set beside of Lori and leaned down to see the baby. When Lori looked up to Luke she snorted,"What you mean tot ell em Dixie let you out of her sight??!! around me?!!!! WOW!!!! right that down!!"

Luke sighed and rubbed the baby's head,"What did ya name her?"

Lori looked to him and hlaf smiled,"Kate Lavinia Duke."

Luke liked the name and smiled to Lori. Everyone, including Doc walked back in there and looked to luke and Lori. Luke looked to them,"We've named her Katie Lavinia Duke."

Unlce Jesse smiled letting a tear slip.The Doc looked to Luke and said,"Mr.Duke, Momma here is...." Lori stopped him,"He don't live with me Doc, my uncle Luther does." Luke looked down in shame and closed his eyes. Everyone made a fuss about the baby and smiled leaving the house. Luke looked to Lori and sighed,"Guess I'll see ya around Lor."

Lori shooed him out,"Reckon so...."

Lori turned over and cried, she couldn't help it she loved him and hated to see him with Dixie, even though he was happy, he knew though now, her life would get harder, two youngins to take care of, Luther now working at the garage, and she had to go back to singing, she had to resort to getting Luke to watch them. She hollered to him,"luke!!! come here a minute, i need to talk to you."

Luke quickly turned around and headed back looking through her door he smiled saying..........

He smiled saying, "Yeah, Lori."

"Luke as soon as I can I'm planning on going back to singing. It'll mean being gone at times quiet a bit. With Luke in school and well Katie so little,......" She paused, it was against her nature to aslk for help, "Is there anyway, you could watch them if I have to be gone?"

Luke smiled. He never thought he'd hear her say it. "Absolutely! I'd love to." He left out the part that he was often gone too but he knew Dixie would keep them.

~~~~~~~~~~

As he drove home, Luke pictured the sight with all five kids there. It would be almost like having 6 year old twins and newborn tripletts. He could only imagine the next family reunion with his five little ones, BL and Konrad's new arrival due any day and Bo and Beth's not that far away. Jesse always wanted a house full of Dukes. They all though he had just that with Bo's five kids and now the new one expected, but then throw in Luke's five and Konrad's one that was an eve dozen children for the next generation of Dukes. LUke was sure that the teachers and Rosco would be thrilled!

About a week later B.L woke up in the middle of the night feeling a sharp pain in her abdomen. Konrad slept peacefully beside her she breathed deeply and let it out slowly waiting for the pain to pass, she hadn't felt good all day and had went back to bed that morning. Another pain hit and her water broke she whispered urgently.

"Konrad, Konrad"

He mumbled but didn't wake up at first until B.L told him

"I think the baby's coming"

This however got Konrad's attention and he jumped up getting dressed or rather 'trying' to get dressed as he called the Doc managing to get the phone cord trapped between himself and his shirt. The Doc assured him there was plenty of time and that he would be there long before the baby arrived. After making sure the Doc was on the way and would meet them at the hospital. Konrad ran to Cooter's room jumping on the bed waking him explaining hurriedly.

"B.L's having the baby"

Cooter blinked open his eyes mumbling a sleepy "huh?"

While Cooter was trying to get his foggy sleepy brain to comprehend what he'd been told Konrad had ran back to B.L helping her out to the car before going back inside grabbing her bags. By the time that was done Cooter had made it out to the car and in the driver's seat there was no way he was letting Konrad behind the wheel in his state. Konrad sat in the backseat and leaned between them so he could comfort B.L as she leaned back in the passenger seat biting her lip.

"Almost there"

Konrad told her as he brushed the hair out of her face. Cooter sped toward the hospital B.L sighing in relief when it came into view. Cooter pulled up at the hospital parking the car and running inside to get help. It wasn't long before doctors and nurses came out with a wheelchair helping her into it. B.L rested a hand on her stomach as Konrad held the other while the doctor's wheeled her into the hospital. True to his word the doctor was there and greeted them.

"Hello Mrs. Duke, Mr. Duke, that time is it?"

B.L smiled weakly and nodded breathing through another contraction. While all this was going on Cooter was out in the hallway waiting for the word to call the others. After the doctor left to check on something else since B.L wasn't quite ready yet Cooter came in to see her picking up her other hand.

Cooter: "How ya feelin?"

B.L looked at him like he had two heads and squeezed both men's hands as another contraction hit being the worst one so far. Three hours later the doctor came back checking agian and said

Doctor: "ok ya ready to have this baby?"

B.L: "I've been ready for the last three hours."

Konrad and Cooter stayed nearby holding B.L's hands. Konrad teased

"I think my hand's going to be broken after this.

Cooter: "Your not the only one"

B.L gave them both a look that could kill and said darkly

"You two can complain when your in my place!"

A few short minutes after it had started the room was filled with the wail of a small baby girl.

Doctor: "There she is a beautiful baby girl."

Cooter: "Thank goodness for that" said and made sure his hand still worked.

B.L gave Cooter a teasing grin and muttered "wimp". Konrad leaned over the bed and kissed her whispering in her ear.

Konrad: "Proud of ya darlin"

B.L. smiled tiredly at Konrad and took the baby as the doctor handed her the bundle. Then looked back at Konrad and asked him...

"Well what do you think of ya daughter?"

Konrad: smiled looking at the baby "she's beautiful just like her Mama."

BL: touched the baby's nose smiling said "she's got her daddy's nose."

Cooter: "I just hope she ain't got her Mama's temper" he teased lightly recieving a glare from B.L and then he went to call the others. A short while later the room was filled with Dukes and Davenports all oohing and ahhing over the little baby girl even Lori came and made a fuss over the baby. Hugging B.L she said

"She's beautiful cuz, so what's her name? we can't call her 'the baby' all her life."

Konrad looked at B.L and then at the rest of the family announcing the baby's name.

"Ya'll meet Iris Paige Duke."

A few days later the newest member of the Duke clan was ready to go home and everything settled into a routine of feedings, diapers and crying. Cooter though took it all in stride not complaining when he was woke in the middle of the night by Iris's screams sometimes even being the one to get up with her so B.L. and Konrad could sleep.

Well Friends and neighbors, the Davenports and Dukes untangled their web and Luke and Dixie are together like they should be Bo and Beth had their 6th and final son named Braxton. Lori and Luke are close to becoming friends again, and the families now live in peace and harmony. Or will their little ones grow up and run Hazzard County like their Mas and Pas did?? we'll have to wait and see.