Davenport Family Reunion:Shes Back!!

LoriDavenport

She asked looking to Luke, he smiled and replied with only an evil smile. He walked out the door.

Lori asked, "Where are you going?"

Luke replied, "Not far." He was heading down to keep Cooter company. If she was going to drive him crazy he'd get her a little hot and bothered then go drink a beer with Cooter. He walked into the garage.

Cooter asked, "Did you survive?"

"Barely!" Luke said going to the frig for a beer.

Cooter shook his head and laughed.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Loir began to fan herself, she smirked, he wants to play that game, she'd play it too. Lori would make Luke pay for that one. Cooter had the garage doors closed today, he was working in private today and didnt want distraction from the outside. Lori changed her clothes, into a small sundress, a little blue one and climbed down."Luke? you think you can do that and just walk away from me?"

Luke smiled taking a sip of the beer,"Sure do baby."

Cooter pulled his cap down and hid a smile, he tried to ignore it. Lori saw red and smacked Luke the rear-end. Luke jumped a little and laughed. She stomped back upstairs and cussing. Luek finished the beer,"Ill be right back Cooter, let me go and satidfy her."

Cooter fell over laughing. Luke slowly went up the stairs and in the room. he saw Lori in the bedroom rubbing her face. Luke bit his lip and walked back to Lori and closed the door.............

Cooter fell over laughing and said, "Uh-huh, sure you will! I won't see you til tomorrow!"

Luke laughed as he made his way up those blamed steps. He closed the door and said, "Now just what EXACTLY did I do? Last I heard was to stop. I did!" He couldnt' see how she could argue with THAT, but she'd find away!

Lori.......

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

Jesse was still giving Bo that look that said he had been woken up during the night by him. Bo was at a loss to recall how he had woke Jesse up. He may have to ask Beth.

Beth appeared as the thought crossed his mind. She had on a collared shirt and her hair was down, but even Bo could see the 'monkey bites' he'd left last night.

Lori sighed, she was still heated up from what Luke had done to her,"You aint spose to leave someone all hot and bothered and then leave her!!!"

Luke set on the bed in behind Lori and said,"Now how exactly did I leave you all hot and bothered?"

Luke began to massage her neck and back again, he lightly planted kisses up her neck and smiled,"Like that."

Lori could barely breath,"UH-huh!"

She turned towards him and then ..................................................

Cooter meanwhile downstairs heard them from up top,"HEY WILL YA'LL KEEP IT DOWN!!!??"

Cooter laughed and went to work on the vehicle in front of him.

hours later Luke rolled over to Lori who was wiggling in the bed, biting her lip. Luke chuckled softly and kissed her, he then got up combing his hair in place, dressed in hs clothes and walked back down to Cooter. Lori didnt even notice him leaving, she had been too tired to yell at him.

Luke looked to Cooter and smiled saying............

Luke looked to Cooter and smiled saying, "Told ya I'd be back!"

Cooter grinned, "Yeah. Yeah, ya did."

Luke grabbed a beer hoping to get to drink it with out Lori or Dixie showing up at least until he finished it for once since this whole mess started.

Cooter looked at Luke seriously, "Do you really think ya'll can make a go out of this -- without killing each other?"

Luke laughed and said, "...............

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie came over for coffee as Jesse was still asleep there. She spoted Beth's neck. She waited until the 'right' time to ask, "Ah, ....... looks like someone, ........ had a good night!"

Beth blushed and replied, "

Luke laughed and said," Yea, I think so."

Cooter shook his head.Lori got up and went to the shower, taking a quick one. She got out. realizing that made her second one that morning. She then made her way to the kitchen pouring her a glass of orange juice. She just realized, Luke left her after he'd done, well you know. Lori smirked and spoke aloud,"Alright then Lukas, you asked fer it."

He wanted to tease her, screw her, then leave her all at one time, she'd do far worse than that. Lori stepped in and grabbed her guitar, she had to play a tune or two, she sang a couple songs. Luke looked to Cooter and smirked,"Told ya, we wouldn't kill each other."

Cooter sighed and said,"I think the war just began."

Luke chuckled,"Yea yer probably right."

Beth blushed and replied, "Ah, well, I thought he'd had just a bit too much to drink, but good isn't the word I'd use. Maybe considering he's an old father of five, after a hundred years of marriage, I'd have to say fantastic would be close."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

SIX WEEKS LATER!!!!!

Luke was getting ready for his doctors appointment. He hoped that things went well and he'd be free of the cast. He was a bit impatient waiting on Lori to get ready since she was driving, "Are you about ready?"

Lori tried the third pair of jeans..... they refused to button. "I'll be there when I get THERE!"

Luke swore.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dixie happened to come to the farm this morning for breakfast.

Uncle Jesse had as always made plenty.

As Beth set the bowl of scrambled eggs on the table, she got a good smell of the normally delicious food, but as soon as it hit her she turned absolutely green! and ran for the bathroom!

All eyes went from her, to the bathroom door to Bo!

Little Luke was ready as well, "Daddy whats taking mommy so long?"

Luke shrugged,"Dont know son, LORI!!!"

Lori walked out in her underwear,"WHAT?!!!"

Luke hid little Luke's eyes,"Darlin whats taking you sooo long?"

Lori walked in,"Luke!! I cant wear anyhting I got!!!, I dont wanna wear maternity clothes either!!"

Luke sighed,"Just wear em and come on honey!!"

Lori looked to Luke and then looked to her stomach,"Hon, do I look fat?"

Luke noticed she had gotten bigger.Lori was about 3-4 months pregnant now. He smiled to himself as she came out in the stretch jeans and one of her old flannel shirts she only wore when she felt sick, she let left a couple buttons un-buttoned becuse if not she'd be choked from the UP tightness of it. Luke kissed Lori's forehead, and smiled taking her hand, he could walk fine without the crutches and he did so. Lori picked Little Luke up and carried him to the car, she had borrowed a nice, quick loaner, as Luke couldn't get in Midnight Rider, They got in,Luke was happy as they drove to Atlanta.

They got there and walked to the Doc's office. Lori took Luke's hand as he laid on the bed while the doc cut the cast off, once Luke was free from it, he moved his leg around it still hurt a little, but he could walk though. He got up and stood, smiling to Lori. She got up and walked over to him hugging him, they walked out and got in the vehicle. They drove back with silence, course it was broken by Little Luke asking,"Mommy why are you fat?"

Lori let a tear slip,"Told ya I was fat!!" Luke looked back to Little Luke and firmly said.........

Luke replied, "She's not fat, that's the baby growing."

~~~~~~~~

Beth came out of the bathroom and quietly promised Bo, "You better only hope I'm sick from this cold front moving in, cause if not, you'll be making an appointment you talked me out of making for you about 5 years ago!"

Bo swallowed hard and felt the pain in hi manhood at her implication!

Dixie asked, "Beth, you don't THINK?"

Beth replied, "I only hope I'm wrong in what I think!"

Bo swore to himself, thinking, 'Beth had been pregnant enough to know the signs. Surely he had learned to be careful by now.'

Lori looked through her mirror, great the cops were coming. They pulled off the side of the road, Luke looked to Lori,"What are you doing?"

Lori said,"Well I definently aint running froom them, not with Little Luke in here."

Luke shook his head. The cops got out and walked to the window,"Good evening ma'am, you are aware yer taillights are broken."

Lori flew mad,"Well off--icer, are you aware that its the middle of broad daylight?"

The cop looked to her, holding her stomach, he assumed she may have been going to the hospital. "Alright, ma'am only because yer pregnant, does that let you off the hook, I can see yer on yer way to the hospital apparently, I'll disregard that comment and drive safely."

He then walked away and returned to his cruiser. Lori looked to Luke,"Aint fat huh?"

Luke looked down,"Let's go home ok, for you get us arrest."

Lori humphed him and drove on.

They arrived at the garage and Lori stomped up the stairs and set on the couch.Luke walked in and sat on the opposite end of the couch from her, she was in a pissy mood and he didn't want to fool with her. Lori was still pissed that her son would be soo rude, she then began to clean the house up, Luke knew when she was depressed or pissed she'd clean he looked to her and said............

Luke was glad to have the cast off, though he expected to be ran through a lot of physical therapy before he'd be clear to jump again and likely he'd have to beg the doc to clear him. Luke finally suggested, "Lori, I don't want to fight, can we do something this evening, like go to the farm? the Boar's Nest? anything to have a good time and not fight?

~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile at the farm, Bo corner Beth, "Sunshine, tell me you ain't?"

Beth replied, "I really love you, but I think I've proved that about five times over, so I hope NOT." she waved him off. "If it keeps up I'll go see Doc. No use going for nothing."

Bo silently prayed she wasn't.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Lori replied.........

Lori cleaned off the kitchen table,"Well, I said good bye to having a good time when I got pregnant now didn't I?, look im sorry if I've got on yer nerves, But I have an idea... we could go to hound dog lake like we use too, now no I don't mean us, ah, you know..... but just go there and relax, maybe go swimming. Cooter can watch Little Luke for us."

Luke nodded, anything to keep them from fighting. He wanted to go to the farm but decided he didnt want to argue with her about that either. They took Little Luke down to Cooter and they drove off.

Arriving to Hound Dog Lake, Lori stopped the car and got out laying the blanket down in under a big oak tree.Luke smiled, at least she wasn't nagging about something. Luke sat down beside her leaning up the big oak tree. Lori asked him, setting between his legs laying back against his chest,"Why can't things be as simple as this?? No worries, no kids, go back to the way things were."

Luke sighed,"I've asked myself that a many of a time too honey."

Lori raised her head up to look into his eyes, and for the first time she told him,"Luke, I love you."

It took him off-guard but he gently leaned down kissing her,"I love you too."

They sat for long hours letting the warm sun shine on them and letting the warm air whip past them, Luke broke the silence by asking............

Luke broke the silence by asking, "You about ready? Luke's got school tomorrow."

Lori sighed, "Not really, but you're right."

"Maybe we can come back out here and camp out before it gets too cold." Luke suggested.

Lori looked at him, "I'd like that."

~~~~~~~~~~~

Jesse was reading his paper, when Bo cornered Beth. He must have thought no one could hear them. Jesse had great hearing and Bo was known not to be able to whisper. Jesse thought back to breakfast, if Beth was pregnant again, then they would be welcoming four new little Dukes to the family with in about eight months. Jesse remembered when his brothers and even the Davenport brothers were having children. The births of thirteen or more children had all came with in six or seven years of each other. They had thought that was close, but four in eight months would be really close. Jesse wished things were different especially in Luke's case but the boy was always stubborn. He had been the most responsible of the boys but there were time frames through out his life that being responsible and dependable seemed to get too much for him and he'd go just as far as he could in the other direction. Jesse felt he was in one of those phases now.

Cooter had brought Little Luke back to the Davenport farm with him while Luke and Lori went to hound dog lake for a while. B.L was staring off into space with a hand over her belly Little Luke had asked her earlier how come she, Lori and Dixie were fat. She had thought she was hiding it pretty good that she'd gotten bigger by wearing a bigger size of jeans and one of Konrad's shirts most of the time so it was loose fitting. She didn't think she was quite ready for maternity clothes yet but maybe she was and that bothered her somewhat, she didn't want to get fat but knew it was inevitable as the baby grew. Konrad came up behind her putting his arms around her and whispering

"What's weighing so heavy on your mind?"

B.L looked to him over her shoulder and answered his question with one of her own.

"Do you think I'm gettin' fat?"

Konrad was just about to reply when Cooter came through and noticed her pensive look and asked kissing her temple

"You feelin' alright chunky monkey?" he'd started calling her that since she'd gotten bigger jeans and wore Konrad's shirts not meaning anything mean by it was just his term of endearment for her lately but today was the wrong day to call her that. B.L broke free from Konrad's hold and ran to their room laying across the bed bursting into tears. Cooter cursed under his breath as B.L fled the room he hadn't meant to hurt her feelings. Konrad followed her to their room laying down beside her stroking her hair. He said.......

"Coot didn't mean anything by it sweetheart, sure your a little bigger around than you was but that's good means the baby's growing."

B.L wailed into the pillow.."I know but................

B.L wailed into the pillow.."I know but I don't want you to think I'm fat. What if I can't loose the weight after the baby?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Cooter took Luke outside, "I think it's safer out here."

"Uckle Cooter how come Mom and them act like that?" Little Luke asked. The kids had called him and the others Uncles and Aunts since they could talk. It was easier than going in to the compicated cousin explainations between first and second cousins or you're first cousin once removed. Beside with the Davenports and Dukes if you were family that's all that mattered.

Cooter looked at Little Luke puzzling over the question he'd been asked by the little boy. Not entirely sure he knew the answer himself and he wasn't sure about how to explain it to a little boy, he also thought that it was Luke's place to explain such things but he knew he had to tell Little Luke something so with a slight chuckle he gave the best answer he could knowing if any of the women in question heard about the answer he'd gave he was in trouble.

"They're crazy"

Konrad sat on the bed still trying to comfort B.L as she cried into the pillow the woes of being pregnant.

"So what if you can't I'll still love you just as much." he said as he now cradled the crying woman in his arms not quite knowing what else to do it was totally out of character to see B.L cry like this especially over something so trivial as gaining a little weight from being pregnant.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile while Cooter was explaining the mechanics of a pregnant woman with mood swings to Little Luke at the Duke farm Beth was.........

Luke got up helping Lori up walking to the car. He looked out to the lake and smiled,"Memeber when I first brung ya here, taught ya how t' swim?"

Lori chuckled,"How could I forget? You and Bo and Cooter taught me everything I needed to know."

Luke kissed her one more time before getting in the vehicle. They drove to Cooter's farm to pick-up Little Luke.

~~~~~~~~

Cooter explained to Little Luke about why his mommy and aunts cried all the time, getting moody and what not. When Little Luke saw the loaner pull up he ran out to greet his daddy. "Howdy cousin, were's......"

Lori asked looking to the window of B.L's room hearing her cry,"Lord how mercy Cooter, what'd you do to her now?" Lori asked with a smirk on her face. Cooter shook his head with an -dont even ask- look on. Lori picked up Little Luke and put him in the car. See Luke now had to be careful of what he said around Lori because one false move or word, she could now leave Hazzard, the judge had came back from his vacation weeks ago, Lori and Dixie's bonds being set. Lori was free to go anywhere. Her fans had known the reason why she never made any more public appearances, were she was pregnant. Lori and Luke pulled out heading home.

When they arrived Lori sighed getting Little Luke out. She then looked to Luke, as church hadn't started that morning yet,"You want to go to church like we use too?"

Luke answered.............

Lori snorted at him,"What crawled up inside of you and died?"

Luke turned aroud to her,"What was that?"

Lori shrugged her shoulders,"Ohh nothing, oh mighty one, don't mind little ole' me."

Luke pointed at her with a stern look,"Keep it up yer asking fer it!"

Lori looked to him,"What are ya gonna do sick Cooter on me?"

Luke threw his hands in the air, the lovely moments at the pond had just been destroyed. He walked into the back bedroom and set down when he looked to the dresser he saw he divorce packet, he cursed,"Sh--! if Lori finds out I didn't mail those...."

Lori heard her name being mentioned,"What I do now?!!"

Luke hollered back to her,"Nothing queen Shebia!!"

Lori flew mad and stormed into the bedroom,"YOU KEEP IT UP AND YER GONNA GET IT!!!"

Luke hid the divorce papers, Lori saw them she asked,"What was that?"

Luke......

Luke had just picked up the divorce packet to move it 'somewhere' as Lori charged into the bedroom. He couldn't have looked guiltier if Rosco caught him with a thousand gallons of moonshine.

Lori knew immediately what was in his hand as she entered the room. "What are you doing getting ready to tear those up?" She reached for them, "I'll be glad to do it!"

Luke snatched them back from her grip, "NO, I was actually getting ready to drop them in the mail!"

Lori

Lori looked to him,"Dont snatch them out of my hands!!!"

Luke looked to her,"Well if you'd stop acting like a three old I wouldn't!!!"

Lori looked to him and retored,"I orta knock yer lights out!"

Luke looked to her and stood up. He towered over her, gently picking her up and setting her aside, he walked out the door down to the loaner, Lori's mouth dropped open as she walked out after him,"Were are you going??"

Luke rolled his eyes,"Not far I promise."

Lori yelled to him,"You came back home acting like that and I'll take the frying pan to ya!!" She stormed in the house and started washing the dishes.

Luke smirked, getting in to the loaner and going to the mail. Seeing Miss Tisdale there, he smiled handing her the packet. Miss Tisdale looked to Luke and nodded. Luke walked out and got in the loaner, looking to the church he saw everyone's vehicle there, he shook his head pulling out. When he returned to the garage, he saw a bright expression on Lori's face, followed by a saddened expression. She was on the phone with her father. When Luke walked over to her and put his hand on her back, she looked to him saying goodbye to her dad. When she got off she looked to Luke and told him that Lucille's mother was deathly ill and that her father and Lucille was going back to Johnson County, TN and they wanted Lori and Luke to move into her mother's house. Luke saw her bright expression, and smiled to her. He told her thought that they had to talk this out first, they had alot of things to talk about.

Luke began, "For starters, you know I'm a prideful man. Now, staying up here without paying Cooter anything but now that my leg is better I'll go back to helping him with the wrecker," He thought but didn't say, 'if you can let me out of your sight', then, continued, "at least I'm earning our keep. I have to call Randy tomorrow and have it set up with 'our' doctor about going back to work. House setting is one thing, but I'll not free load. Besides, we may want to wait until after court to move anywhere. I'd like to know I can pay the bills first and God knows Dixie's gonna be out for blood." He sighed......

Lori sighed, raising her eyes thinking to herself, as she knew what he was thinking.

Lori said,"Ok well the next thing on our list to discuss is trust, as fer as the moving out and waiting and helping Cooter goes, thats all fine with me. Well you let Dixie start, honey no matter what, come he-- or high water, I'll stick by yer side and I won't go down without a fearsome fight first, and as fer house sitting fer my father, no its not house sitting, he's moving back to Johnson County and he's not moving back here to Hazzard. He's leaving the deed to the house and property to me and YOU."

Luke smiled,"Ok, but still I want to wait til court is over... thank god you understand and agree with me."

Lori humphed him and looked down,"What now?"

Luke looked to her,"Like you said, trust..we need to discuss it."

Luke took Lori's hand and went to the couch with her, saying..............

Luke began, "First, I'd like us to agree that this is NOT going to end up with you packing and leaving or throwing me down the stairs? I'll go find a neutral party to refree if necessary?"

Lori humphed and said,"Let me know what it is first then ill see if i'll murder you after."

Luke thought, 'so much for ground rules', "Remember this morning whenI was going to the Post Office to mail the divorce papers? and a couple weeks ago I went down stairs to drink a beer with Cooter? Both times you asked me where I was going. If I'm going anywhere, its a habit of mine to tell somebody where I'm going. But, you ask before I can tell you......