Restlessness in Sleepy City

LoriDavenport

• Replies 392
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"I haven't been drinkin' an' you can wipe that look of yer face! I was sittin' with Splinter when you an' Lorraine were in the barn an' I heard her mutter thing's that you couldn't hear...that she didn't want you to hear...she snuck out with Trigger and I followed her to the hotel where she met up with Frank and Jessie James....they're planning to rob that bank Hank!"

Loraine rode up to the edge of the farm and saw Dixie's horse tacked up. Loraine had tears in her eyes as she turned Trigger around heading towards The Sleepy City Hotel.

When she arrived there she saw Frank relaxed on the bed she barged in and blurted out,"Didnt work, Hank believed him, Hank's severly hurt now no doubt and Joes mad and hurt as well, on account of Hank being hurt, why Frank?why did you have to choose this one bank fer?"

Loraine looked to Jesse who had been awake and listening to her. She saw the fire in Frank's eyes and was ready to run a sshe knew what was coming up.

Hank Duke had never been known to carry his heart on his sleeve. In fact, he had kept it so safely hidden away that some people wondered if he had a heart at all. Since his fiancee Rebeccah had been killed, he found it easier to not care about people. That changed somewhat when he came to the farm, but still the only one who knew Hank intimately was Fly.

He had thought that maybe Loraine might have been the one to help his still mourning heart,and like a fool he had let his defences down.

He should have known...