A Whiskey Runner's Romance

Lori Leaned her head on Bo's chest, she always wondered about if a certain guy liked her or not."Bo," she was talkin to him with the sweetest of voices," I just don't know Bo, i know he chases after girls just as much as you do, but Bo, i just never was those kind of girls, yea don't remind me about Candy, I was heartbroken enough over that, I moved away without telling him and Even when he went to the Marines, i always wondered about him hoping he was safe. We've been friends for soo long and Bo, I...I.... dunno ne more.." she said bursting into tears and Crying with hurt and sorrow in her heart. "Uhh well Bo, i gotta tell ya, in highschool, i had a BIG cruh on you, id never tell you cuz i wasnt pretty enough in highschool, i always had these feelings for Luke and was afraid to tell him, thatd why at one point i couldnt go to the farm to see you guys, well one of my friends had a crush on you as well, so thats why i only liked you as a friend from there on out, i dunno if you two dated or not either, we got into a fight and i hit her and i got into trouble. but that was because she said she liked Luke just to get me mad so i wouldnt like you anymore." OMG!!!! I was'nt planning on telling you, cuz i knew you had a bad temper and with us stuck in here and all. OHH God Bo you probably hate me know. Lori started sobbing and crying more.

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bo swallowed softly and hugged her close, almost protectivly, shaking his head.

"Lori don't cry...cryin' ain't gonna get you no where...just because you were never one o'the girls who could deal with a fling with Luke does not mean he's gonna think any the less of ya...he doesn't mind serious relationships..since he came back from the Marines he's been more concerned about his future and how it's gonna pan out..."

He pulled out his handkerchief and softly wiped her eyes.

"Sittin' her cryin' over how much you wanna be with him ain't gonna make it happen any faster...what you need to do is calm down an' sit an' talk with Luke...you can spill yer guts out to me all you want Lori, i'll always listen...but i'm not the one you should be tellin' it to...Luke should be hearing these things..."

Lori looked at Bo smiling and nodded her head yes,"Bo, when do you think i should tell him." Ohh God, i don't wanna screw up and say the wrong things. though." she looked at Bo and smiled knew she was safe with Bo around. I wonder were hes at Bo,"she prayed,"Dear God, please let Luke make it home safe and in one piece."

Bo smiled back, glad he had stopped the tears...he had never really been good dealing with crying women...that was more Luke's forte even though Bo was the more emotionally atuned out of the pair of them.

"You need to tell him as soon as possible...tell him what's in your heart, that's the best thing to do. Don't try and think about what to say, just let your heart speak for you...he'll appriciate that more..."

Lori looked at Bo and said,"Oh Bo, i hope you're right. its just everytime i get around him i dunno how to act. Like persay the "indecient exposure" incident Lori looked at Bo and laughed. Well Bo if he does feel the same way bout me, i don't think it go so far as marriage." im wonderin sumthin Bo, im a little nosie she said with a smirk, so whos the lucky girl thats got ahold of the Bo Duke, Heartbreaker, she said teasing Bo and laughin.

Bo smiled a little, chuckling and looking away before looking back to her. He wasn't about to tell her the truth, not now that she was building up confidence to talk to Luke.

"Like I said, don't think about what to say, just listen to your heart and you'll be fine. And as for me, there...there ain't no girl in my life at the moment..."

Lori looked at Bo and smirked knowin he wasnt tellin the truth,"at the moment you say?""C'mon Bo, i know theres one lucky girl around here in Hazzard who you've got you're eyes set on." there aint one day i dont member that Bo Duke aint had a girlfriend. Whenever i was runnin whiskey id always thank bout you and Luke and dasiy and Uncle Jesse, wonderin what ya'll was up too, knowin the general runnin from Roscoe on some back Hazzard county road. I had a couple of run ins with the law myself at one time, they wasnt sure why i was runnin from them and rasin a ruckous though. i told them they just didnt know who i was raised with. i really did miss ya'll ALOT!!! she said laughin a bit and thinkin back.

Bo smiled, glad he could get away from the topic of who he had his eye on.

"Yeah them sure were some good times...we missed you lots to Lori..I know Cooter's missed you a whole bunch too. Daisy's gonna be so happy you're back ya know, she's been moanin recently about how she needs another girl round the house...I think she's sick of bein' the only girl for now"

He said with a laugh.

Lori laughed, still thinkin bout who the gurl was, she wasnt about to get him mad though."Yea, Ole cooter and I use to get into trouble alll the time when we was little wasnt a day that woudl go by that me and him didnt get our hides worn out." I never was a bully in school bu ti sure did kick alot of butt though, she said laughin. Well i'd say daisy probably is wantin another gurl around the house, to help her do laundry and to clean, cuz if you're like any other man, you or Luke, you cant clean or cook or do laundry worth a lick. She said lookin at Bo and laughin.

Lori looked at him and a big smile came across her face, yea Luke im fine, ive just had a headache from the bump on my head, i'll be ok, and now i won't worry as much. i know ur alright now. everything go over alright? Kori looked at Bo and got real red. knowing how nervous she was she really wished that it wasnt so hard to tell Luke that she loved him and always had.

she blushed when he said that she said,"to heck with it there aint no easier way to say it and if ya dont feel the same way bout me, thats alright too....Luke Duke.... I LOVE YOU!!!! i always have, ever since 3rd grade. in highschool, i knew i wasnt ur type of girl and i just dont think i am now.but i dont care anymore, i had to tell you." she was relieved and somewhat worried... she waited fer his response.