Reviews of Dukes of Hazzard: The Beginning

Hey y'all - In defense of Tim Duke, we're all passionate about our hobbies. Mine, obviously, is the Dukes of Hazzard too. Earlier in the posting, I admit, I merely stated my honest opinions/critique both positive, as well as the negatives about this film. Even though I still hold those views (even if most were negative), I may have been a bit harsh seeing how we are comparing something to what has already been done before in the past. If Tim happens to agree with them; cool. If not, that's cool too. To each his own I say, lol.

It's no secret that Tim and I disliked this movie. That's alright because we've merely stating our opinions just as those who liked this movie have done. It's nothing personal against anyone here. If you liked it; that's respectful also. Afterall, we're all part of the Duke family and as Uncle Jessie said, "us Dukes don't fight Dukes," lol.

I've never got the impression that just because Tim has a General Lee he is superior or anything like that. I, myself, am restoring my 69' Charger to a General. Tim has a wealth of information & he is very knowledable. There's no one else I'd rather trust if I had a question regarding what is accurate and what is not accurate on a General.

Now back on topic if I could:

Someone said that 25 Chargers (costing a total of $2 million) were used in this film. Is that correct?! If so, how many were 68,' 69', and/or 70' Chargers?

It didn't seem that they could have went through 25 Chargers seeing how there wasn't a lot of racing n' chasing...Any info in this department anybody?

High Regards,

Aaron

This might come as a bit of a shock.....

I have to agree 110% with Tim. I thought the Direct-To-DVD /ABC Family channel movie was horrible. I only watched about 40 minutes Sunday and watched the rest on DVR a couple of days later....

This is where I will get questioned. I feel the 2005 movie had a better chemistry between the actors. I got that feeling .

This movie on ABC Family had way too many innuendos for that channel. Too much sex talk. The story on finding the GL in the pond was too farfetched to me. Cooter was a total mess in the movie, didn't know what he was.

I just don't know about this one. I had absolutey NO expectations about this movie since it was announced. Made wise a** comments most of the time and I guess I was right.

Bad script, mediocre acting , basically no stunts, low budget. At least to me I still can enjoy the 2005 movie....

I'm gone

Darrell

Capt D, Maybe your thinking the 05 movie? I know at least 25 were purchased for that movie. Many of which did survive, as to what they paid for them, I'll take your word on that.. Some of the car footage from this movie was from the 05 movie,someone has posted screencaps on another message board to prove this.Which explains some of the one minute you see a license plate next minute you don't. One of the cars was definitely a converted 68.You can tell by the upper door pad and the Charger emblem in the grill.

This might come as a bit of a shock.....

I have to agree 110% with Tim.

I think this might be a historic moment at HazzardNet! LOL. Darrell and Tim in agreement... *THUD* :lol:

There might be occasional squabbles on this site. You'll get that anywhere a large group of folks congregate. But one thing pulls us all together into one great big family and that's love of the Dukes of Hazzard.

I think this might be a historic moment at HazzardNet! LOL. Darrell and Tim in agreement... *THUD* :lol:

There might be occasional squabbles on this site. You'll get that anywhere a large group of folks congregate. But one thing pulls us all together into one great big family and that's love of the Dukes of Hazzard.

I thought that might surprise some around here.....

Even my kids and wife didn't like this one. They thought the all the sex jokes and such was inappropriate especailly for the Family Channel. They like the series and the 2005 movie , but this was bad according to them. And that is from a 16 and a 12 year old.

Darrell

well i saw the beginning the other day. it really wasn't that good. i know they didn't have much of a budget but neither did the original series. i agree that daisy was much better this time around. willie did a better job this time also. glad they toned him down, but he still needs work. Rosco was still not rosco but definetly better than the bore in the movie. Boss hogg well they still got that one wrong, but at least this guy was alittle more upbeat than burt. I also believe danny devito would make one of the best boss hoggs. bo and luke hmmm. just don't know what to say. bo and luke in the movie were more entertaining but still not our bo and luke. bo and luke in the beginning well just seemed like the casting search wasn't too long for these guy. just didn't like them.

i think they should make one more dukes of hazard movie. In that film i think they should have all of the remaining original characters. either have heuy hogg or rosco as the boss. maybe bo or luke or daisy still live in hazard. i know you are all probably thinking this idea sounds lame but think about it. bo and luke and daisy could bring their childern to the old farm then you know the plot formula the boss is trying to get the farm. plants some moonshine on one of the kids(who would be teenager or alittle older) then bo and luke have to take action one last time in the old faithful general lee. the main purpose of this movie would be to restore the original family feel of the original and to pass the hazard legacy on to the next generation. maybe spinning off a new dukes series with the kids. then tom and john could make guest spots here and their. the whole original crew could make guest spots kind of keeping it real or if they are interested take on a full time role in the series. i have actually thought about this more than it may show and i have alot more ideas that i really just don't have the time to type right now. but i think that would be a great way to either end the dukes the right way or to pass the baton in a way that would honor the original.................

I already mentioned that a while back. I guess that makes TWO votes for Wilford Brimley. :)

Sorry I missed your post, but nice to hear someone else thinkin' the same as me. Too bad the producers of the show couldn't get it right. They should have got some input from the fans.

Again, my opinion was that if they'd clean it up (a new show) I'd watch it. It isn't the original Dukes, but the world they created wasn't half bad on its own standing - without the sex jokes, even fun.

As for a new show with the original cast... I hate to burst your bubble, y'all, but as much as they still love getting together and appreciate the show, and as many wonderful memories and lasting friendships came from those years... even they know it's time to let the day-to-day of Hazzard County go to a younger set, if anywhere at all. They're more mature people than that - and they've managed, unlike some other stars in the business, to go on to other lives too. Not forgetting Dukes, and certainly seeming to enjoy Dukesfest!... but it ain't their only world anymore either. Fans have to remember, respect, and even appreciate that - the people they actually are.

~Lukas

Hi,

I am new here, but a LONG time follower of the DUKES. I grew up watching them on antenna TV. And after trying to watch this new TV show with my 2 nephews and my son (ages 6,5,&11) I was in disgust with what these producers are trying to do with a Classic/or should I say Legend.

My son and Nephews have grew up watching my library of VHS episode tapes, so they know the "real" Dukes. So as we sit watching the start of this movie my eldest nephew looks at me and sayd " AWWWHH...Did you hear that?" I was in shock that they took this show dang near in the same footsteps of the movie a couple years ago.

I turned the channel once they rolled the "imitation" General out. I just could not allow them to listen to it anymore.

It was very sad. And to top it off I was real confused with the modern cars in a movie that was supposed to be about the Beginning.

If they want to make a GOOD movie. Why not set it up in some way like the Starsky and Hutch movie, where the Real Dukes (Tom and John) hand off the keys to a younger relation ....sons,nephews,etc.... And it can be a real beginning of a modern generation....and why not even roll out the new Charger that Dodge has at some point. Atleast the General would not look so out of place in a sea of '07 police cars.

Please do not get me wrong The real Charger is still my favorite, but I believe it belongs in the hands of John (Bo) especially if you are going to ruin a show that I grew up watching. Sorry to write so much, but I really am getting tired of these foul mouthed, horny versions of the Dukes. And a Higher than a kite Jessie. And these Unrated DVDs. Please bring the dukes back to PG so my 6 year old can watch.

I don't think that will ever happen, sorry.

The way TV is now you need sex and violance, but mostly sex. Some shows do well as family shows, but i think Dukes would be aimed towards teenage boys more than anythign else, and well....they think, and dream about sex 98% of the day.

Do we even know if there will be a series? How were the raitings?