Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Dukes of Hazzard Forums - HazzardNet.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

HossC

Veteran
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by HossC

  1. job I won't tell you what you can do with it .
  2. HossC replied to HossC's topic in Fan Art
    This wasn't as easy one to grab as Rosco blocks part of it most of the time. As with the re-elect Rosco posters I've used a photo that's similar, but not quite the same as the one that appeared in the episode because I couldn't find the correct one anywhere. The thin border was added because the photo was lighter at the bottom and blending into the background. I love the quote at the bottom . From 'Southern Comfurts' is the sign for Billy Jo Bob's Used Cars. The 'Billy Jo Bob's' text was painted quite nicely, but the 'Used Cars' was very rough. I've tried to give it a weather-beaten look.
  3. HossC replied to HossC's topic in Music
    A strange ghost story from the '80s about how a PFC was saved by "a big marine named Camouflage" "in the jungle wars of '65".
  4. HossC replied to HossC's topic in Music
    I'm glad someone changed the featured artist because I'd run out of one word songs by Reg Dwight . A nice happy, poppy tune from 1994 album 'Jollification'. NB. The Lightning Seeds are a British band, so 'Marvellous' is spelt the correct way with two 'l's .
  5. I'm not sure if we've had a classical track in this thread before (and I'm not going back to check). It takes a while to build, but it's well worth the wait. I first discovered this tune when it was used as the backing music for the 1983 computer game Manic Miner. We used to stop into the computer shop on the way home from school and play it for ages. You can see a version with better graphics . It may not have the realism of Call of Duty: Black Ops, but you do get chased by penguins and toilets .The original game ran on a computer with 48k of RAM and had to be loaded from a cassette!. If your current computer has 2Gb of RAM, that's nearly 44,000 times as much memory. It looked like this:
  6. This version has a long, quiet intro, so stick with it. The video reminds me of James Duke's recently posted space pics.
  7. I'd like to assure MaryAnne that this song is not about a certain NASCAR driver .
  8. HossC replied to Garrett Duke's topic in NASCAR
    What a nice guy this Jeremy Mayfield sounds. I'd never heard of him, so I did a quick search. When he was trying to clear his name with NASCAR in 2010 his own (estranged) step-mother sent in an affidavit saying they'd taken meth together on the way to a race at Darlington in 1998. She also alleged that Jeremy supplied meth to his late father. The stolen goods found during the search that Garrett mentions allegedly include property belonging to Red Bull Racing and the state of North Carolina. It's not been a good year for Jeremy - earlier this year one of his dogs attacked a postal worker and the courts are currently deciding how much he owes her. I've never heard of anyone failing a drugs test in F1 - in fact I didn't even know if they tested until I looked it up. Generally the F1 drivers are very fit as every pound (or even ounce) counts - Jenson Button, for example, does triathlons between races. I'm sure I remember reading that the NASCAR driver that MaryAnne won't let me name had to slim down before his F1 car swap earlier this year .
  9. I think you need to find your local sign-maker - I'm sure there's one not far from you. If you're just going for lettering then, cut vinyl graphics would work. If you want the sheriff's badge then you'll probably have to find someone who prints onto vinyl due to the amount of detail vs. size. The shiny gold vinyl used on Dukes doesn't last quite as well as plain colors outdoors, but should be ok for your purposes. Once you've decided what you want, and at what size, I can email some artwork suitable for the sign-maker to work from. I spent 10 years in the sign business, but that was a while ago now - I don't think anything particularly revolutionary has happened since. Good luck with the project - I look forward to seeing the pictures .
  10. Sorry for the delay in adding to this list, but I've been concentrating on other threads. The rest of season 2 didn't yield anything worth mentioning (unless I missed something). You wait ages for a different patrol car, and then two come along in the same episode - in this case 'Baa, Baa White Sheep'. The first is the red and white Finchburg patrol car. The other appears at the end of the episode. It's a more standard black and white State Police car. Both are 1977/78 Dodge Monacos. No light bar on this one. It's the 1972 AMC Matador driven by the US Marshall in 'Along Came a Duke'. Rosco's 'camo' patrol car in 'The Great Hazzard Hijack' is another 1977/78 Monaco. Only in Hazzard would they camouflage a car and then add a lightbar and shiny gold decals. I haven't forgotten the appearance of Sheriff Little's patrol car in 'My Son, Bo Hogg'. Because it appears in many episodes I'm waiting for a clearer picture.
  11. Welcome to HNet Sean. Give me a shout if you need a hand with the pictures. You basically have 3 choices: 1) You can post them as attachments (which non-members can't see). 2) You can upload them to photobucket, flickr or similar and include them in a post. 3) You can add them to 'Gallery' section here.
  12. HossC replied to HossC's topic in Fan Art
    Here's the bank sign after Boss got to the paint: And for Brian, some more background signs from The Boar's Nest: This one normally appears over the main door. Finally a sign that uses a standard typeface - in this case Helvetica. There's a few more I'd like to do, but I'm just waiting to get a good screengrab of them. If anyone has a request, just let me know, although I make no promises!.
  13. It's gonna have to be another track from Paul and Arthur:
  14. It's strange - 20 years ago pumpkins weren't seen as part of Halloween over here. It was just about ghosts and other spooky things. Nowadays the stores have huge piles of pumpkins in the weeks before and we seem to have adopted most of the other US traditions associated with it. It doesn't mean we accept these changes without a fight, as this short sketch from UK sitcom 'Not Going Out' shows: We still don't take it the extremes seen in the US. Here's a Halloween light show from last year that I came across recently: Happy Halloween y'all .
  15. HossC replied to HossC's topic in Music
    He's still singing about a girl here :
  16. Touché Capt. - thought I'd checked Pretty confident we haven't had this before: The 59th Street Bridge Song (Feelin' Groovy) - Simon & Garfunkel
  17. "But what can a poor boy do, except to sing for a rock 'n' roll band?": Street Fighting Man - The Rolling Stones I beat her to it just over a week ago .
  18. Roger Blevins/Gaylord Duke was played by Simon MacCorkindale who sadly passed away just over a year ago (14th October 2010). His 'RIP' thread is here. Hollywood loves casting British and especially English actors as bad guys- here's a few: Alan Rickman - Die Hard and Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves Jeremy Irons - Die Hard 3 Anthony Hopkins - Silence of the Lambs Peter Cushing - Star Wars Ray Winstone - Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull Steven Berkoff - Beverly Hills Cop Christopher Eccleston - Gone in Sixty Seconds Various others including Gary Oldman, Tim Roth, Charles Dance. Even evil characters in cartoons get English accents, eg. Shere Khan in The Jungle Book or Stewie in Family Guy. When Scottish actor Brian Cox (who played Dr. Hannibal Lecktor in Manhunter) appeared on Top Gear he suggested to Jeremy Clarkson that Hollywood cast Brits as the baddies in movies because Americans "fundamentally mistrust intelligence". I'm not sure if that's true, but it made me laugh .
  19. HossC replied to HossC's topic in Music
    Wow, this thread was busy last night. I was going to reply to Brian with another New Order track and then to MaryAnne with an Enya track. I'll save those songs for another day and keep the Elton theme going. This song still reminds me of one of my friends deliberately singing the wrong words to it more than 20 years ago - I can only ever hear her version of it now .
  20. I know I could put this in 'One Word Song Titles': Rubberbandman - Yello 1991 track from the eccentric Swiss duo. My CD single came in a great 3D rubber sleeve: I picked up some cool, limited edition CDs and vinyl back then. There used to be so many good record stores in London - maybe four major chains and over a dozen independents. When I went back recently I found that the only surviving major store, HMV, had closed one of its three large West End stores and there are only about three or four independents of the ones I used to visit. I guess this is the price we pay for MP3s. While we're on 'rubberband' songs, I thought I'd also include Rubberband Girl by Kate Bush. I must dig the single out so I can rip it to my computer. Thanks Brian, these guys could give Rosco's '10 Million Dollar Sheriff' suit a run for its money.
  21. I'd say you should be alright. As Dara O'Briain (Irish comedian) says: "There are three states of legality in Irish law. There is all this stuff which comes under 'That's grand', then it moves into 'Ah now don't push it', and finally it comes under 'Right now you're takin the p***', and that's when the police come in." I'm sure you're covered by the first two .
  22. HossC replied to HossC's topic in Music
    I thought I'd posted this already, but it turns out I hadn't. I'm sure I'm not the only one who first heard this in 'Little Miss Sunshine'. That would mean that you're the one with the brawn and the looks, right Brian?. That's all very well, but are you both making lots of money?.
  23. HossC replied to HossC's topic in Music
    Roam - The B-52's Cindy and Kate share the vocals on this fun track. Sing along, clap along, enjoy . For anyone who's missing Fred Schneider's vocals, here's Family Guy's Tom Tucker doing his impression of Fred.
  24. Nice work James. I think the blue/green planet in the 2nd pic is my favorite.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.