Everything posted by HossC
-
One Word Song Titles
This one's a little more Christmassy, and only has one word in its title! Troika - Sergei Prokofiev Part of the tune also appears in Greg Lake's 'I Believe in Father Christmas':
-
Rare and Behind the Scenes Pictures of the Dukes of Hazzard
My guess would be 'Repo Men' because Jerry Rushing (aka. Ace Parker) is in the picture.
-
Rare and Behind the Scenes Pictures of the Dukes of Hazzard
I know I'm going off-topic, but an episode in the first season of M*A*S*H was called 'The Longjohn Flap'. The story revolved around a pair of longjohns owned by Hawkeye that he lends to Trapper who loses them to Radar in a bet and then subsequently get traded around the camp.
-
Rare and Behind the Scenes Pictures of the Dukes of Hazzard
It looks like the top she wore in 'Baa, Baa White Sheep', but I can't remember if she was wearing shorts with it.
-
Motor Trend Channel's RoadKill - 1968 Dodge charger
Thanks for the video, Roth. They don't work to the same deadlines or standards as Overhaulin', but it was still fun . I can't believe they didn't wear gloves when they originally cleaned the car. Even though the Dodge pickup isn't a particular favorite of mine, I'm glad they didn't rip it apart. I wonder if this type of show have some sort of special permission to drive a car on the freeway in that condition, because they'd get a whole bunch of tickets if they tried that here.
- Word Association
-
Word Association
Mellow ('Mellow Yellow' was a hit for Donovan in the '60s)
- Word Association
-
Rare and Behind the Scenes Pictures of the Dukes of Hazzard
This is Western Street, most likely from 'The Hack of Hazzard' where it was known as Shoveltown. Mexican Street had already been demolished before Dukes started. The same saloon sign is visible in the background of the picture below.
-
Rare and Behind the Scenes Pictures of the Dukes of Hazzard
Looks like the same outfits as this picture that you post a few weeks back. I still can't make out the logo .
-
Your favorite cars....
Speaking of Toyotas, I've always liked the early-80s Celica Supra (also with pop-up lights ).
-
Happy Birthday, Hoss!
Gracias por su amable desea mi amigo. Thanks for your kind wishes my friend.
-
Your favorite cars....
He was talking about the Eagle E-Type Speedster - yours for only £600,000 (€710,500/$978,000 at today's rates). I think the story about parking in front of the production office was in Richard Hammond's 50th anniversary look at James Bond cars. That would have been to get the 1976 Esprit (the one that turned into a submarine) into 'The Spy Who Loved Me'.
-
Your favorite cars....
I thought I should include some British cars in my list. OK, the AC Cobra had some help from a Texan chicken farmer . The lines of the original E-Type Jaguar (XK-E) still take some beating. And now a couple of cars made even more famous by appearing in Bond movies. First, the Silver Birch Aston Martin DB5 which made its Bond debut in 'Goldfinger'. Or how about a Lotus Esprit Turbo?
-
Your favorite cars....
They're not stock wheels. The original ones looked like this: Never liked Mercedes? How about the updated version of the car above? I know what you mean about the '68 and '69 Chevelles. Cooter and Petey Willis both had '68 Chevelles in Dukes. I'd still have to give my preference to the angular grille on the '70. It also appears on the El Camino - I wouldn't say no to one of these either!
-
Your favorite cars....
Nice Mercedes, Mufn. There are loads of muscle cars I'd like, so I'll probably have to make at least one more post. Like Roth, I'd also go for a Chevelle, although I'd have the '70 (it was a good year ). My BMW choice would be a '80s 635 CSi. I've always preferred the original Audi Coupe Quattro to the Sport. This is the one they used on 'Life on Mars' sequel 'Ashes to Ashes'. I'll finish this post with another 2-door German coupe from the '80s - there's something I still like about the 500 SEC.
-
Rare and Behind the Scenes Pictures of the Dukes of Hazzard
This must be from season 1 because Fanny's Fabrics had better signage by season 2. I think the firetruck picture is from 'The Return of Hughie Hogg' in season 3.
-
Whaat???
The sway bar is also known as an anti-roll bar. Its main role is to prevent the vehicle from rolling by stiffening the suspension, and thereby keeping the wheels in contact with the ground. This gives better traction and helps prevent sliding, which can be a problem in a powerful rear-wheel drive car that's cornering on a slippery surface. I don't see a problem with the phrase.
-
Whaat???
It's from 'No More Mr. Nice Guy' in season 7. You were pretty close with the quote; it's "That clears the Dukes of all charges, right?", followed by "That's a wrong. That's a wrong. It doesn't clear them of anything. In fact, they're probably hiding the evidence just to weasel out of it."
-
Rare and Behind the Scenes Pictures of the Dukes of Hazzard
Is this what you were after? I'd ask Roth the best way to get the IMG code in Flickr (I use Photobucket).
-
One Word Song Titles
To mark the funeral of Nelson Mandela, here's a song written in 1975 to publicize the resistance movement in South Africa. I know this is a non-political forum, but I hope no one here was in favor of apartheid, so it shouldn't be controversial. Johannesburg - Gil Scott-Heron
-
Dukes of Hazzard Chat Along 101
Due to circumstances beyond our control, only myself and Roth made it all the way through 'Double Dukes' last night. Mufn suggested watching 'The Great Santa Claus Chase' nearer to Christmas, so watch this space for times. Now that the chat room's back, we also need to organize a Christmas party at the Boar's Nest .
-
Rare and Behind the Scenes Pictures of the Dukes of Hazzard
I think that Jeep is a Grand Cherokee, which only came out in 1993, so maybe this is from one of the TV movies. The guy on the left in the red shirt might be Tom Sarmento, but I'm not sure from this angle. The Charger appears to be a 1968 model going by the side marker hole on the front wing.
-
Rare and Behind the Scenes Pictures of the Dukes of Hazzard
The car is a late '70s/early '80s Chevy Malibu (it's difficult to tell the year with the grille missing and the other damage). I can't think which episode it's from, but I'll let you know if I remember.
-
One Word Song Titles
David Armand has performed his mime style interpretive dance on the BBC series 'Fast and Loose' in the UK, and the ABC series 'Trust Us With Your Life' in the US. On this occasion he gets a little help . Torn - Natalie Imbruglia http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m8AggJ3_Xf0