Whaat???

I want to start a thread on things done or said in the show that didn't make any sense ( I think I may have touched on this before, but it would still make a nice thread, with different people thinking of things others missed!). You know, things that, when you hear or see it, you think, " WHAAATT??"

example: ( Please help me remember the episode this is from) Rosco and boss are, as usual, trying to frame the Duke boys, and they have the evidence ( Which I can't remember what it was}, there in Rosco's office, and then Enos says, " I guess that let's the Duke boys off the hook", and rosco says, " That's a wrong, that's a wrong, they're probably hiding the evidence just to weasel their way out of it!" ( or something to that effect!)

Please help me remember the episode this is from...

It's from 'No More Mr. Nice Guy' in season 7. You were pretty close with the quote; it's "That clears the Dukes

of all charges, right?", followed by "That's a wrong. That's a wrong. It doesn't clear them of anything. In fact, they're probably hiding

the evidence just to weasel out of it."

The sway bar is also known as an anti-roll bar. Its main role is to prevent the vehicle from rolling by stiffening the suspension, and thereby keeping the wheels in contact with the ground. This gives better traction and helps prevent sliding, which can be a problem in a powerful rear-wheel drive car that's cornering on a slippery surface. I don't see a problem with the phrase.

The sway bar is also known as an anti-roll bar. Its main role is to prevent the vehicle from rolling by stiffening the suspension, and thereby keeping the wheels in contact with the ground. This gives better traction and helps prevent sliding, which can be a problem in a powerful rear-wheel drive car that's cornering on a slippery surface. I don't see a problem with the phrase.

AH!! My ignorance of cars shows! But thanks to my fellow Hazzardites, I am enlightened!! Thank you!

• 2 months later...

OK....A couple of things where I never understood what was said....maybe some of you never did either! Well, maybe some fellow Hazzardites have a script or something that tells for sure!

The Scene: The Rustlers - Cooter has gone to help the boys get Burl's horse back and they fight the rustlers and after the boys beat up the bad guys, Bo yells to Cooter, " Come on down Cooter!", and Cooter is in the General and says " _______ ________ down( ???)"

The Scene: Ghost of General Lee- Bo and Luke are playing like ghosts and they bust out of the sherrif's garage and drive the General while working on the controls , while ducking down in the car. Luke is watching out for Bo with a periscope and Bo says, something like, " You better give me some directions, feels like I'm working on my instrument rating here." ( ????WHAT???) That's what it sounded like to me anyway!

OK....A couple of things where I never understood what was said....maybe some of you never did either! Well, maybe some fellow Hazzardites have a script or something that tells for sure!

The Scene: The Rustlers - Cooter has gone to help the boys get Burl's horse back and they fight the rustlers and after the boys beat up the bad guys, Bo yells to Cooter, " Come on down Cooter!", and Cooter is in the General and says " _______ ________ down( ???)"

The subtitles say "I'll pound her down.", and that's what it sounds like to me.

PoundHerDown0203.jpg

The Scene: Ghost of General Lee- Bo and Luke are playing like ghosts and they bust out of the sherrif's garage and drive the General while working on the controls , while ducking down in the car. Luke is watching out for Bo with a periscope and Bo says, something like, " You better give me some directions, feels like I'm working on my instrument rating here." ( ????WHAT???) That's what it sounded like to me anyway!

For this one the subtitles say "We're going to need directions...if I can work on my instrument in here.", but I think your version is nearer. I'll try listening to it again in the morning.