Everything posted by LoriDavenport
-
Did you know?
waikiki23, I do believe it was the Alamo.
-
Past or Present?
I'm the middle man, er woman, I suppose. Being from the south, when I watch it, I don't exactly feel it's an oldies considering I see what they do (speed traps, corrupt politics, moonshine runs, etc.) every day. The only thing I don't see is the '69 chargers and Furies and what have you on the road, like Meadow. that being said, I also get this feeling of nostalgia that washes over me when I watch anything from back then. The music, t.v shows, anything that my mom grew up watching or listening to, is what she raised me up on. But of course, I guess we all take a few days sometimes to look back and see just exactly HOW much we've grown and gotten older.
-
What are yall's top 5 favorite movies
1. Lord of the Rings Trilogy, they're making the Hobbit movie as we speak too! 2. Harry Potter series 3. Pirates of the Caribbean 4. Titanic 5. Top Gun/Gone With the Wind there's more, like any horse movie out there, or fantasy type movie like Lord of the Rings, but these are my most favorite.
-
Word Association
Chicken (baby chick I had a good reason to use chicken)
- Word Association
-
Favorite non Duke
I second that.
-
funny story
Lonely Hearts section?? ...Oh goodness at the chaos that would cause LOL. not like this site needs any help in the chaotic department. There's enough of that in the jail house thread.
-
Word Association
Freedom
-
Word Association
gargoyle
-
Commercials
Wowzers, haha. I'd have to agree with ya on that one though, looks like a lot of us are going about making a buck the wrong way!
-
dukes are back
And some things you do apparently if you're me! Like dates and times for important shows, haha. I know what you mean though, the Dukes was with me even when I was growing up and it was apart of my everyday life. I can't remember dates and times, but I can remember dialog for an entire show Go figure.
-
Commercials
Woah really? You know those "You can help save this child by donating such and such amount of money a day," commercials, why don't they use all that money they spend on actually MAKING the commerical to help those kids??
-
dukes are back
I actually forgot they were on :-|due to my lacking memory. I don't intend to make the same mistake twice though Khee! My mother and I were like you Meadow, we was reciting the dialog right along with 'em! It was driving my dad crazy! that was a mission accomplished, I would say!
-
Waylon interview
Haha, Rog you literally had me going there for a moment. When I saw this thread I had to do a double take. I was thinking Ol' Waylon was risin' from the grave in a fit a joy 'cause the Dukes are back, haha. Joking aside, thanks for posting NPR's website where the interview will be located. I'd like to go listen to it myself.
-
Commercials
Aha! This is the one Richard Speight Jr. did! I absolutely love that commercial! He played the Trickster aka: Gabriel the archangel on Supernatural! ...yeah, so anyways, back on topic. About the only commercial I really crack up at is the Red Robin commercial where the kids are playing hide and seek and the little girl says Red Robin so the others would give away their position. When that little red headed kid comes running out of the bushes shouting, "YUM!" it cracks me up! And the military commercials usually get me pumped and motivated. they also make me want to rethink my future...again...too.
- Word Association
-
Happy Birthday Cooter
Happy early birthday, cousin!
-
Dukes to return to CMT
Haha, hey, it's like I said before Rog, I've actually talked to some of the county officials here to talk to the Mayor about addin' an extra Z. But to no avail, they just won't seem to listen to me at all. Haha, nah Maryanne, I didn't see it posted anywheres on here at first when I received the news, so I decided to do something right for a change. call it a step for forgiveness still yet for past occurrences.
-
Dukes to return to CMT
I'm not sure if this is posted anywhere, heck, I didn't really think to check the announcements, but The Dukes of Hazzard are coming back to CMT, as told by Ben Jones himself through a post on his facebook. I'll post the message on here for you guys: Very good news is echoing through the hills and hollers of Hazzard County and the CB chatter is really heating up on the Hazzard net. “THE DUKES ARE BACK ON TELEVISION!†Yessiree Y’all, CMT is bringing the "Dukes" back to evening television. A special weekend marathon will kick off the "Dukes" launch on September 10th at 8/7C. Then starting September 13th the "Dukes" will air 5 nights a week (Mon-Fri) at 7pm Eastern, 6pm Cental and 11pm Eastern, 10 Central. In my opinion this is due to the fierce loyalty and undying support of our fans. Our show has found a permanent place in the fabric of the American Heartland. Now, with DVD’s getting scarce as hen's teeth, the next generation of "Dukes" Fans will have a place to watch and enjoy America's favorite family show. Thanks Y’all! “Cooter†aka Ben Jones I don't know if I should post the link to it or not, if I do I'll come back and edit this post lol, it's been a while since I've posted on here. Anyways, when I skimmed over the site I didn't see this important announcement anywheres (I could be wrong) But I thought I'd post it and let you all know. And if it is on here, then Maryanne, Brian, Meadow, feel free to delete this post lol.
-
Supernatural season 5: Angels, Demons & Apocalypse
Yep, they moved it to Friday nights, Daney. And thank you, haha. Give it time, Castiel will be gone, and I'll have Crowley up there. He's my favorite demon on there.
-
I Write Like - Analyze how your style compares to famous writers
Haha, very interesting thread and apparently I write like Dan Brown. Which is fine by me, considering he writes thriller fiction, which suits me to a T. Not to mention I like his books The Da Vinci Code and Angels and Demons.
-
Supernatural season 5: Angels, Demons & Apocalypse
Season 6 starts on September 24 (I think, If I remember correctly) on the CW channel. I'm pretty much excited about it returning for another season (Thank the heavens Jensen and Jared signed a contract for 6 years, yeah?). Anyways, figured all you Supernatural fans would like to know.
-
Musical Chairs
Don't Make Me Come Over There and Love You-George Strait
-
paranormal experiences
Ahh! Fellow ghost hunters/investigators (yeah, theres a difference in the two LOL) I didn't even know this thread existed! Assuming from the title, I suppose I should talk about the paranormal experiences my group has experienced. My property where I live is actually haunted itself from a mining accident that happened a loooong time ago. I hear car doors shutting and people talking on a regular basis. (Our house sits where the old parking lot was located) There's an old miner who will frequently walk through our house at night as well. There is though one entity that is evil here. A man whom was killed (he tried to take our property from us) not too far from our property (it happened on the neighboring property on around the mountain) who I believe is the black mist frequently seen up here by my mother and I. Before we had electricity turned on up here my father, aunt, and uncle all could hear bluegrass music playing out of nowhere. I use to be a skeptic in the paranormal until I recently encountered said black mist, also captured an orb of light that resembles that of a mining light. We tried to debunk as being a reflection of something or a different light source and could not. It was then that I decided to create our paranormal group known as the KPPC (Kentucky Paranormal Pursuers Crew) to try and help other skeptics believe that the paranormal is real.
-
Musical Chairs
I'm Not Strong Enough to Say No-BlackHawk