My wife isn't a Dukes fan but as everybody knows, I'm a Dukes addict so this story is funny enough that I thought I'd share it.

I bought a metal 1:18 scale General Lee at Ray Kohn's (rained out) stunt show this weekend. I was showing the opening hood, working steering, detailed engine and interior, and other parts to my wife. I showed her that the doors seemed a little loose. They were closed tight but wiggled a little bit like they might open. I explained that I tried to open them but gave up because I was worried that if I forced the issue I might break something and it wasn't really necessary that I open them since I wasn't planning on displaying it with the doors open anyway.

She looked at me kinda funny and said, "The doors don't open on the General Lee"

ROFL.....Sometimes I just don't think

Well the door opened in "Days of Shine and Roses" or something like that. I am too lazy to look it up, but I figured you'd know which one I am talking about if I put the title wrong. But LOL...that was a funny story. Was wondering why you were trying to open the doors...I'd be upset if I got a General and the doors opened. Glad that your doors didn't open, though is very ironic that your non Duke loving wife would be the one to point that out though. :)

My wife isn't a Dukes fan but as everybody knows, I'm a Dukes addict so this story is funny enough that I thought I'd share it.

I bought a metal 1:18 scale General Lee at Ray Kohn's (rained out) stunt show this weekend. I was showing the opening hood, working steering, detailed engine and interior, and other parts to my wife. I showed her that the doors seemed a little loose. They were closed tight but wiggled a little bit like they might open. I explained that I tried to open them but gave up because I was worried that if I forced the issue I might break something and it wasn't really necessary that I open them since I wasn't planning on displaying it with the doors open anyway.

She looked at me kinda funny and said, "The doors don't open on the General Lee"

ROFL.....Sometimes I just don't think

ROFL!! That's a hoot, Roger. Khee! :rofl:

I have 1:18 scale General where the doors do, in fact, open but the driver side door won't stay closed! Frizzin' frazzin'... LOL

Sorry to hear about your wife, Roger. Has this happened recently or has she been a lifelong non-fan of the Dukes? ;).

That's funny Hoss. She's never been a fan but I married her anyways because she's perfect except for that one fault. I have to admit, it is a pretty big fault though. Oh well, I'm not a fan of General Hospital and she loves me anyways. When I first heard the name "General Hospital" I thought she meant Cooter's Garage since that's where the General goes to get doctored up.

jami lee hogg is there also another episode were theres a duplicate general lee with the doors that open

Yes, 10 Million Dollar Sheriff, with Jason Steele, the bounty hunter Rosco hires. He tries to frame the Dukes with stealing a duplicate General. After they blow the engine and end up back at the Boar's Nest, Bo is sitting on the door and when Rosco (I think) reminds them how the doors on the General are welded shut, Bo reaches down and pops open the door.

That's funny Hoss. She's never been a fan but I married her anyways because she's perfect except for that one fault. I have to admit, it is a pretty big fault though. Oh well, I'm not a fan of General Hospital and she loves me anyways. When I first heard the name "General Hospital" I thought she meant Cooter's Garage since that's where the General goes to get doctored up.

Actually, I met my husband because of the Dukes (well, because of Rosco, actually), so we don't have that problem in our household. LOL.

• 1 month later...
I'm single and live alone, so no one has a problem with me watching the Dukes all the time or being here on the HNet!!!!

Same here. Maybe we should ask the moderators for a lonely hearts section :). All I want is a woman who likes Dukes and muscle cars, and has recently won the lottery (the last one's negotiable :)).

Same here. Maybe we should ask the moderators for a lonely hearts section :). All I want is a woman who likes Dukes and muscle cars, and has recently won the lottery (the last one's negotiable :)).

Lonely hearts section, eh? The idea has merit, but I worry about attracting creeps. I'll talk to Mufn about it.

I do know of at least one couple who met on HazzardNet and ended up getting married eventually. Crazy thing is, they didn't invite any of us to the wedding or the reception. I was hoping for cake.

Lonely hearts section, eh? The idea has merit, but I worry about attracting creeps. I'll talk to Mufn about it.

I do know of at least one couple who met on HazzardNet and ended up getting married eventually. Crazy thing is, they didn't invite any of us to the wedding or the reception. I was hoping for cake.

Maybe if we have a place to meet and we end up getting married, We'll all make sure to invite ya Brian!!!!

Obviousely it's up to the moderators but if it were put to vote, I would definitely vote NO.

Everybody here loves The Dukes of Hazzard because as old Waylon says "In Hazzard County we tend to like happy endings". Unfortunately a lonely hearts section would have a few happy endings but not many. The odds are against two people living "happily ever after" after meeting on a computer. For those who do have happy endings, I think that's awesome. We all should celebrate such success stories.

Sadly, we'd all have to be sad about the majority of them that don't work out so well. Plus, it could cause problems with our HazzardNet family when we start taking sides with a romance that's public information that might be turning sour. It sounds too much like reality TV to me.

If two folks on here take a liking to each other I think they should simply use PMs and the private chat rooms to discuss things in private. If they're not 18 they have no business looking for romance on a computer. The moderators can't be expected to tell if someone is lying about their age so I don't think they'd want the responsibility of trying to moderate situations like those.

If two folks are angry with each other they should also use PM's to settle their differences so a disagreement doesn't cause a split between our members.

I guess I'm just old fashioned but folks are putting too much out there in public nowadays in my opinion.

I do like the idea of coming up with new things to spice up our website. I hope folks continue to think of new ideas and I want to encourage that, not discourage it. That's why I like it when new folks ride into town with fresh ideas. I'm just not crazy about this particular one.

But like Brian said, it's up to our Supreme Superior Commander.

Maybe we should ask the moderators for a lonely hearts section :). All I want is a woman who likes Dukes and muscle cars, and has recently won the lottery (the last one's negotiable :)).

Sorry guys, I've got a confession - this wasn't a serious suggestion, although it's been fun watching the reactions to this thread. It would be great to meet someone who also liked Dukes, and this is a good place to start, but as Roger said, PMs should do the job. Of course Roger is living proof that mixed marriages can work, ie. he's a Dukes fan, his wife isn't :).

In reality I'd probably be too shy to try it anyway - I prefer meeting people face to face. I think my favorite lonely heart advert (in a newspaper) was 'Lady who would never place advert seeks man who would never answer one' - I thought 'that's me - I've found a soul mate', so what else could I do - I didn't answer it :).