Everything posted by RogerDuke
-
Welcome to America Bo James!!!!
Welcome Bo!!! Just remember when you're down there running around Hazzard County, drive on the right side of the road. On second thought, it might be a little more fun if you drive on the left side. Shoot, the folks in Hazzard probably won't even notice. Have fun. Keep between the ditches. YEEHAWW!!
-
duke fest come 2 boston massachusetts
Welcome to Hazzard County Amy. There's a lot of good folks here and you sound like you'll fit right it. You should scroll up to the top and click on the "introduce yourself" thread. More people will notice that than would look here. I'm sure other folks would like to say hi. It's nice to meet you.
- Word Association
- The Official Dukes of Hazzard Trivia Thread
-
Duke or Dupe
B.L. and Daisy are both right. Daisy continues her amazing extension of the record. She now has 86 in a row and 145 out of 146!!! DoubleX still has 78 in a row. Which of these were on the show? K-Mart or Western Auto Old Post Road or Hard Cider Lane Chief Lacey of Springville or Sheriff Macy Gray of Henderson County
- The Official Dukes of Hazzard Trivia Thread
-
Duke or Dupe
Your caution has served you well Daisy. WHOGG 1090 is the radio station in Hazzard. It first appeared in season 2. Hogg's Yummy Bakery is from "Share and Share Alike" As far as other bakeries, there's Maybelle's Cake Shop from "The Great Bank Robbery". Also, there's Hazzard Square Bakery from "Cletus Falls in Love". Sue Ellen's Sweet Shop is also in that episode. I'm only giving Daisy credit for 2 answers since she didn't really commit to the third. Daisy extends her record to 83 in a row and DoubleX has 78. Which of these were on the show? Stinkwater River or Sweet Pie Pond Sheriff "Quick Draw" McGraw of Colonial City or Agent Roxanne Huntley (episode names) State of the County or Hazzard State of Mind
-
Waylon Tribute
Happy birthday Waylon (June 15) We miss ya. We hope you're having fun up there in Hazzard Heaven.
- Word Association
- Happy Father's Day
-
The Official Dukes of Hazzard Trivia Thread
B.L., Daisy, Alex and Lizzy are all correct. Thanks for that trivia fact from "Arrest Jesse Duke" Alex. I didn't know that. What's Cooter's daughter's name? A) Nellie Mae Nelson Cooterette Davenport C) Nancy Lou Moon D) Nancy Davenport E) Skippie Lou Davenport F) Nancy Lou Nelson (I hope you people are happy. Because of all the complaints I received on the last question I decided not to include Skippy as a choice in this question, even though I like that name a lot)
-
Duke or Dupe
I have some bad news and some bad news and some good news. First the bad news. Sorry B.L. Boss Big Bobby Johnson wasn't real. I made him up. Frank Scanlon was the hitman that tried to kill Enos in "Enos's Last Chance" Now the bad news for DoubleX...your reign as Duke or Dupe Champion has ended. And now the good news...DaisyMae has regained the crown and now holds the new record for most consecutive correct answers. Congratulations!!!*FIREWORKS* Daisy has 81 in a row right and DoubleX has 78. Which of these were on the show? B.B. Davenport or B.B. Coltrane Hangover Hotel or Hangman's Hill WHAZZ 1020 AM Radio or Hogg's Yummy Bakery
- Word Association
-
favoite boss quotes
from "Targets: Daisy and Lulu" When Boss thought that Lulu had spent a lot of money on a diamond necklace, he said, "How dare you spend my hardly earned money....I mean hard earned money"
- Word Association
-
Great Waylon Lines
(from "Twin Trouble") It's a long shot...but then, this is Hazzard County where long odds is even.
- Word Association
-
The Official Dukes of Hazzard Trivia Thread
B.L., Alex and Daisy are correct. Alex now has 75 in a row correct....25 away from 100....can it be done? Hey, 25 was the answer to that last question....maybe it's an omen that you're on your way to that amazing accomplishment Alex. Good luck. First you have to get past number 76. Who were the twins featured in "Twin Trouble"? A) Abraham Lincoln Hogg and J.D. Hogg Cindy and Sandy Ballou C) Lulu Hogg and Lou Ann Coltrane D) Jeb McCobb's daughters E) Gussie and Mabel Peabody F) Luke and his long lost twin brother, Skippy
-
Duke or Dupe
Lizzy, B.L., DaisyMae and Lori are right. Congratulations DaisyMae. You and DoubleX are now tied for the all-time record. I never intended Duke or Dupe to be this competitive but I guess it's pretty exciting that it has come to something this dramatic. That excitement is mixed with a little nervousness because I know somebody is going to miss one someday and that's going to hurt....but for now, we're enjoying this drama. DoubleX and DaisyMae have 78 in a row correct....pretty impressive you two!!! DaisyMae also has 137 out of her last 138. B.L. has hit another milestone with 60 in a row. Congratulation buddy! Which of these were on the show? Eagle Rock or Billy Goat Canyon hitman Frank Scanlon or Boss Big Bobby Johnson of Greenville County (Episode names) Dead and Alive or Wanted: Dead or Alive
-
Word Association
lips (Hulk Hogan played Thunderlips in Rocky3)
-
Roger Dukes MAP
Thanks for asking. I think I posted this update in the map thread (see hobbies) awhile back but I'll repeat it here. Back when the series was originally on, I made a map of Hazzard County and a seperate map of the town. That was before VCRs were around so I know I missed a lot of stuff while writing things down and trying to watch the show at the same time. When the DVDs started coming out a few years ago, I got the idea of making a better and more complete one. By complete, I mean down to the finest detail. So I watched the whole series, compiling a notebook of several different catagories (again, see "Hobbies" for details and click on "map of Hazzard" thread). Anyway, I was pretty excited to start the map when I first posted my project here but then realized that I should double check all the items I had by watching the entire series again. I am now in the middle of season 6 and will likely be starting this large project in a couple months. By watching the entire series again, I am accomplishing several things. 1) Having a lot of fun 2) correcting mistakes 3) gathering additional information for my trivia and Duke or Dupe threads 4) coordinating the items with the episodes by writing numbers by items. For example, Sand Creek Road first appeared in the eleventh episode of the third season so I have added 3-11 by it in red ink in my notebook. 5) I also added a "family and history" section to the notebook. In that, I have things like Boss's cousin is Big Dan Hogg of Rapaho County and the Duke Farm has been in the family since 1792....etc. 6) I have been using "closed-captioning" when watching the entire series this time to confirm spellings of my items. I didn't think of that the first time around. Unfortunately, closed-captioning isn't always accurate but it helps. 7) And just getting the piece of mind that this map is going to be as accurate as it possibly can be. It certainly will have obstacles to overcome with inconsistancies caused the writers of the show being one of them. Another one will be the sheer size of the thing. But those problems are something that I'll overcome with a little creativity. Again, thanks for showing an interest and asking CRMLHT and General Grant.
-
The Official Dukes of Hazzard Trivia Thread
B.L., Alex, DoubleX and Daisy are all right. Alex has 74 in a row correct and continues to extend the record. If anybody else has a streak of more than 20 in a row correct, please let me know (private message if you're modest about it). After confirming it, I will start posting your streak with the questions. From "Targets Daisy and Lulu", what wedding anniversary was Boss and Lulu celebrating? A) 1 10 C) 25 D) 40
-
Duke or Dupe
B.L. and DaisyMae are both right. These streaks are really getting competitive. DoubleX has 78 in a row. DaisyMae has 75 in a row. B.L. has 57 in a row. Which of these were on the show? Sleepy Hollow Creek or Hollow Creek L. B. Davenport or Cooter's long lost son, Skippy West Virginia or Tennessee
-
Word Association
olympics (okay, so steer wrestling isn't in the olympics but wrestling is)
-
Duke or Dupe
Hey B.L. I finally added up your streak and you have 54 correct answers in a row. (I'm not including your last post because I want to give other people a chance to answer it too)