How Big is Your Dukes Obsession??

CDoherty95

Hey y'all :)

I was working on my General Lee bike earlier,and my mom came out and said "I think your a little obsessed with the Dukes of Hazzard".

I thought about that statement,and realized that I'm fairly obsessed. I've got all seven seasons,the 2 reunion DVD's,some of the episodes on video,some recorded from years ago when it was on over here,I had a General Lee bike which was stolen and replaced,I'm in the process of making a Rosco bike,my bedroom is orange and covered in Dukes posters and pictures.Sorrell Booke inspired me to become an actor (I'll never be as good as him, that's impossible) and I'd love to be a stuntman thanks to Paul Baxley...the list goes on and on.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd probably be a 9.

So my question to you is How Big is Your Dukes Obsession?

Dang I'd hate to compare myself to you...thought I was pretty good, but I'm not so sure no more. I never dreamt to be an actor, my room is not orange (though I'd love it to be orange though!) and I don't bike ride not alone to have bikes of the Duke cars.

And I am way too chicken to do any kind of stunt...

But I do think I am fairly big fan of the Dukes...

I've been to four Dukefests...go every living Duke's autograph except for Tom Wopat (or the actors of Coy and Vance...) got a hug from Cooter twice and one from John Schneider. Been to both of Cooter's museums...

I own all seven seasons on DVD plus most if not all on VHS (some twice...) have several General Lee cars. Though sadly, I haven't watched a Duke episode in nearly a year due to the lack of time. Though still consider it my FAVORITE TV show.

And I am a HUGE NASCAR/Jeff Gordon fan thanks to the General Lee and Bo and Luke Duke.

Though that probably is NOT all that makes one a fan or measure how big of a fan one is. It is what is within and I think if you go by that...there is a lot of loyal Duke fans here on this awesome site that has a great deal of obsession over the BEST TV show on earth!

So I guess if I had to measure my obsession from 1-10, I'd put it at perhaps a 8 or 9.

I am obsessed with Dukes, I am a Duke at heart. They are part of my everyday life. I have all 7 seasons and the reunion movies, I regularly watch Dukes related videos on Yotube, I have Dukes license plates even though I haven't got to use them yet b/c the bracket on my truck is broken:cry:, I have tons of Dukes pix on my phone and computer, I have had several dreams that involved the Dukes, I consider the Dukes and Cooter as family, I have been to Cooter's in Gatlinburg 3 times, I wish like crazy that the Dukes were a real life family and Hazzard County did exist, I dream of one day owning my very own General Lee........I would rate myself as a 8-10....I guess. To show how much Dukes are on my mind here is a story: one day me and my mom were in to store and she sent me to go get lunch meat from the deli and our store carries a brand called Boar's Head and when asking her what kind she wanted me to get instead of saying Boar's Head I said Boar's Nest....lol

IMO it is good to be obbsessed with something so wonderful.

Wow, that's a tough question.....and a good one. Thanks for posting it CDoherty.

If I would have been rating my obsession level since 1979 I'd say it's fluctuated between a 10 and 6. Currently it's probably an 8 since I have so much else going on in my life.

Before I joined the HazzardNet in 2007 I'd never used a computer before. My daughter told me you could find anything on the internet. Of course my reaction was "The Dukes of Hazzard?" She found the HazzardNet for me and from that day on I've had a second family....only, not an imaginary family like the Dukes but a real family thanks to people like you.

My obsession is an 8 or 9, it has been since it came back on the air in 1997, i was 15 years old I am now 29. I have all 7 seasons on dvd, reunion movies, return to hazzard dvd's of Travis Bells, and I have visited all the original filming locations in Georgia. I find myself inserting "Duke Language" into my speech on a daily basis, my girlfriend sometimes gets annoyed when I chuckle like Rosco but sometimes I cant help it.

Before I joined the HazzardNet in 2007 I'd never used a computer before. My daughter told me you could find anything on the internet. Of course my reaction was "The Dukes of Hazzard?" She found the HazzardNet for me and from that day on I've had a second family....only, not an imaginary family like the Dukes but a real family thanks to people like you.

Well said, Roger. That's what it's all about.

K-Duke15, there's far worse things you could be into! But I understand, some people don't "get" the Dukes of Hazzard. Rest assured though, there's plenty of people who love it as you do.

Garrett, you also said it well...it's what's within, more than what we have.

John Schneider said once, during an interview, that there are no "casual" Dukes fans. If people are into the show they're into it big, they see the Dukes as family. All of us here see other Dukes fans as family, too.

I've waxed on about the show before and the kind of real-life impact it's had for me. What I may not have mentioned before is, I was a big fan as a kid, and then I "grew up" for awhile...and then when life started kicking me down, I turned back to the show as a sort of refuge. (this was pre-HazzardNet.) There was something about it that put me at ease; after all, there were always happy endings in Hazzard County. The show's continual optimism helped me through dark times. And still does.

But the reason I'd rate myself a 10 on the fan scale, is because I want to share it with other people. In fact I consider all you guys 10's for the same reason. You're participating in discussions. We all contribute, in our own way, to the longevity and legacy of the show.

And whenever I've been to DukesFest, or any fan event and I see some little kid with a toy General Lee in his hands...it makes me smile. It renews my hope for the future generations, that an entire culture of rural values, of attitudes and optimisims, will not be lost.

Here's my answer.

The Fan The Dukes of Hazzard: 30 years ago.

The most beautiful women in Daisy Duke: Catherine Bach and April Scott.

TV & DVD: The Dukes of Hazzard.

The actors: John Schneider and Tom Wopat.

The dream and hope: The autographs and photos of the car the General Lee.

I love the families The Dukes of Hazzard.

K-Duke15, there's far worse things you could be into! But I understand, some people don't "get" the Dukes of Hazzard. Rest assured though, there's plenty of people who love it as you do.

Thanks Brian. You're right. I should be happy that I'm into this and not like drugs or anything like that. I'm glad I joined here, I love being able to talk about Dukes of Hazzard and be able to get into conversations that I couldn't with my parents.

Waaalll lessee...I saw the show in it's original run (at least, the last three seasons of it) and was very very very upset when it got cancelled in 1985. I learned to hate tv networks at a young age. LOL

When TNN brought the show back in 1996, I was able to make up for lost time. Khee! Loved the show all over again and it ain't changed since!

Although K-Duke15, I know exactly how ya feel. I can remember back in '96 or so - I was in college - a friend of mine from highschool was going to the same local college I was. And he comes waltzin' into the computer lab and sees me on the computer, checking this new fangled thing called the internet and looking at a Dukes of Hazzard website (I believe it was Mufn's "Hazzard County Sheriff's Dept" site. Khee!) and he says to me...

"The Dukes of Hazzard was over a long time ago."

I more or less gave him "that look" and said, "Yeah? So?" LOL Of course, as we all know the Dukes have never been "over."

I've written fanfiction. I have the DVDs, some posters, some toys. A Dukes poster on my wall. General Lee 1:18 die cast car sitting on the shelf here. Original Ertl matchbox size cars from the early 80's on the other shelf here (they're a might dusty. Probably oughta dust this stuff more often. Heh!)

I've got some autographed photos thanks to all my wonderful friends and cousins who were fortunate enough to attend the various DukesFests over the years (I have not been able to). And I've got other various DOH themed doodads and whatnots.

A fan? Me? Yah, I reckon I am! Probably up on that scale around the 10 mark. Khee!

Thankfully, folks like Mufn wanted to do crazy stuff like build websites dedicated to the Dukes of Hazzard. And folks like me and Brian have been privileged enough to help build the site and community so lots of folks have a place to talk about their favorite obsession! :D

Bahahahaha! MaryAnne's turned 21 a lot.

But, I won't reveal her actual age ( I don't have the necessary degree in anthropology, for one thing) because she and I have a pact in that respect.

I've turned 21 a lot too. ;)

Indeed. And with that pact (and the fact that I'm no good at carbon dating) I won't reveal Brian's actual age.

It's easier for both of us to just say (and stay) 21. ;)

Although K-Duke15, I know exactly how ya feel. I can remember back in '96 or so - I was in college - a friend of mine from highschool was going to the same local college I was. And he comes waltzin' into the computer lab and sees me on the computer, checking this new fangled thing called the internet and looking at a Dukes of Hazzard website (I believe it was Mufn's "Hazzard County Sheriff's Dept" site. Khee!) and he says to me...

"The Dukes of Hazzard was over a long time ago."

I more or less gave him "that look" and said, "Yeah? So?" LOL Of course, as we all know the Dukes have never been "over."

Yah I hope to get a shirt or something for Christmas, then I can tell everyone at school about it when they ask me about it. Then my teachers will also talk to me about it, which will be quite awkward.;)

Yah I hope to get a shirt or something for Christmas, then I can tell everyone at school about it when they ask me about it. Then my teachers will also talk to me about it, which will be quite awkward.;)

You might be surprised by the number of people who will comment positively on a Dukes shirt. And with the General Lee consistently voted as the #1 car of all time, ever, in anything.....the show can't be all that unpopular, can it?

Not everybody digs the Dukes of Hazzard, but not everybody digs...whatever is popular right now, I've no idea what that would be.

You might be surprised by the number of people who will comment positively on a Dukes shirt. And with the General Lee consistently voted as the #1 car of all time, ever, in anything.....the show can't be all that unpopular, can it?

Not everybody digs the Dukes of Hazzard, but not everybody digs...whatever is popular right now, I've no idea what that would be.

You're right. Everyone has to at least have heard of it. I'm slowly becoming proud of liking the Dukes of Hazzard. It might take me a little bit but I'm doing it.

• 8 years later...
On 12/4/2011 at 3:51 PM, CDoherty95 said:

Hey y'all :)

I was working on my General Lee bike earlier,and my mom came out and said "I think your a little obsessed with the Dukes of Hazzard".

I thought about that statement,and realized that I'm fairly obsessed. I've got all seven seasons,the 2 reunion DVD's,some of the episodes on video,some recorded from years ago when it was on over here,I had a General Lee bike which was stolen and replaced,I'm in the process of making a Rosco bike,my bedroom is orange and covered in Dukes posters and pictures.Sorrell Booke inspired me to become an actor (I'll never be as good as him, that's impossible) and I'd love to be a stuntman thanks to Paul Baxley...the list goes on and on.

On a scale of 1 to 10 I'd probably be a 9.

So my question to you is How Big is Your Dukes Obsession?

Hi Cousin CDhoerty95... Mine is 100%

I'll say 110% lol. Wore my DoH General Lee shirt this past weekend, 1st time since spring. One lady commented that she had a thing for Bo. And the Dukes channel is back on Airy.TV's Roku app, it was down for a while due to technical issues. I watched the alien episode on there last night before going to bed, I know that's one of the least liked episode's but I find that episode hilarious.